Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:14 pm
Suri enjoyed their little jaunt on the plains to reach the Chocobo farm. His ankle still gave an outburst of pain here and there, but it was quite walkable. The big yellow avians seemed to be vivid with life, always hopping and striding about, making a general show of themselves and reveling in the attention. He watched as Miya ran her fingers through one of the bird's soft feathers and was momentarily saddened. He held up his metal hands, exquisitely crafted to bend every which way a human hand could, and even a few directions a human's couldn't, and realised yet again the sacrifice of touch for metal. His sadness was temporary, however, and he realised he could still feel with his face, and promptly laid his head on the nearest bird. Ignoring the vaguely pungent aroma the bird gave off, Suri could hear and feel it's heart beating strongly. It bent it's long neck and without hesitation, yanked out a few strands of hair, probably thinking it for food, or just being a cantankerous bird. "Yeowch! That's my hair you know!" He said while rubbing the spot. The bird merely chirped and trotted off.

Miya was seeing if anyone wanted to come with her to help carry supplies. "Erm...I would volunteer but I've not ridden one of these things before. But then again, if you think it's not too hard of a skill to learn, I suppose I could try it out and go to pick up some supplies." he said, eyeing one of the nearby birds with some apprehension. It looked fun...but he'd probably get hurt....but he'd still be having fun. Then he began to wonder if these birds were comfortable with his kind of weight. He'd been assembled with the lightest but most durable parts available at the time which put him near 280 lbs. Just moreso than the average heavyset male.

With the raging dust storm gone, Tylem looked quite nice to be in. A stunning blue sky dominated by ever-moving clouds combined with the rolling plains provided a rather peaceful scenery to gaze upon. He noticed a quick smile flashed by Joylre and smiled to himself, apparently she was noticing the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 am
Rodrigo Dragoni was not expecting Jolyre Aegis to smile back at him, but she did when he made his cryptic comment to her. Was she opening up? She then immediately gazed at the sky, which was tranquil compared to the horrid winds of the country. Maybe.

The motley crew soon reached the Chocobo farms of Mario. The wind had been a formidable foe, and Rigo was relieved that he had not kept his wings out since when he had carried Jolyre to safety earlier in a near death experience. Alane and Harrier’s reactions to the Chocobos were certainly different. The clingy Chocobo that seemed strangely allured to Alane was scared off by the “Ghastly Gyshal” that Mario mentioned. Rigo could only guess that meant Alane.

As opposed to the heavily forested area of Terminus, Tylem had enough open grasslands and space to house Chocobos. This farm was an example of the open space in the windy country, apart from the winding caverns of the nation. Rigo did not see the Chocobo as monsters or annoying yellow critters. They were a means of transportation and another of the many living creatures of the world. As with all creatures, they should be treated with some sort of respect. It was the Dragoni way. He observed the birds and approached one that seemed to be staring at him. “Greetings from the other side of the world,” Rigo said, raising his hand to pet the bird with a smile.

The bird sneezed in his face and looked innocently at him.

At that same moment, he heard Suri screech in pain and shout something about hair and then a loud chirp. Rigo sighed as he found a cloth to wipe himself off from his pouch. ”Well, Great Will bless you…” He looked over Gio. He was sure his younger brother would be all over the Chocobos, probably also muttering something about them being cute and all. Despite their looks, these birds could be troublesome. He found a smile come to his face. It was times like these that sometimes made him feel more relaxed.

The Nero Angeal shortly heard Miya raise the call for supplies. It wouldn't do to just sit still. He nodded toward her. "I can assist." However, he was also not very skilled with Chocobo.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Vizzion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm
Orin kept quiet as they reached the Chocobo farm owned by a man named Mario. This certainly smells like a stable for chocobos alright.... Orin said as his nose wrinkled from smelling the faint stench that he assumed came from the stables. As Alane and Mario chatted up with the farmer, he noticed that the skies of Tylem had been clearing. Orin squinted as he too looked up into the skies but quickly looked down as he saw the clear skies and bright sun that had suddenly appeared after the storm. Back in Crylos the sun had never shined so bright as it did in Tylem. After quite a while, Orin noticed that his hood was still up. With a quick jerk, his hood was down and exposed to the winds of Tylem. Orin's face, unlike his companions, had markings which were drawn on him before he left Crylos.

As Orin shook his hair and felt the wind on his face, he noticed a chocobo behind him who was quite curious as it pecked his coat and cape. Orin chuckled lightly at the Chocobo. "You know, I have always wondered if chocobos freeze well...." Orin said aloud to the group as his hands glowed with a bluish hue as he looked back at the Chocobo which promptly ran away. "Anyways, I would help but I have only ever ridden a Chocobo once and even then, most of what I know I have read only" Orin said to Miya as his hand returned to it's normal color.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:23 pm
Enter- Alane and Harrier

At Miya's suggestion to go get supplies Harrier turned and looked at Alane expectantly.

“Whoa!” She yelped, scaring the Chocobo that was trying to prowl on here, “Why are you looking at me Har? Nononononono! No. You know that I'm not going to ride on a big bird brain just to help with supplies.”

The same Chocobo that had been surprised at Alane's sudden jumping and loud claims gave a annoyed 'kyew' and promptly tried to gnaw her scarf off, taking hair with it. This caused her to fly forward to escape the carnivorous bird, yelling 'ows'.

“See, this is also why I don't like them,” she glared and motioned toward Suri after he had almost been devoured, “They try to eat people.”

“I am-”

“Alane, I have to talk with Mario about the Chocobos and you have to get to your father as soon as possible to tell him you're all right. You know the trade system and will be able to barter better,” Harrier interrupted bitterly, “No one said you have to take a Chocobo with. If I had been-” she cut him off with a glare to stop him from telling what traumatized her from them, “-I just expected you to be able to be of some help.”

Alane sighed and looked at the others around, and then at the Chocobo which was stupid enough, at least in her thoughts, to come back. “Okay, fine. I'll take one if you guys don't mind me stopping by my house. I have a few things that may be of some use weapon and armor repair wise, along with Dad having to be informed.”

Mario chose this time to make an appearance, happily walking into the barn and clapping his hands a few times.

“I've got all the Chocobos ready, all we need to do is talk of prices. You see, they're not cheap.”

“Go on,” Harrier said.

“I can give them to you for free, and have you be able to travel in and out of different posts exchanging them with just a document from me. But I need something to be done.
There are some loose bandits out east that have been messing with cargo shipping and what not. The rangers know this. But recently they've been attacking other people and trying to raid smaller towns. I have a shipping of Chocobos from a trader on an isle and they're going to be coming that way. I want them taken care of so I get the shipment unharmed.”

Exit- Alane and Harrier  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 am
The sky was the bluest blue that she hadn't seen since the floating city of Lamina. Reflecting off the depths of Iriem, it was truly breathtaking.
The sky was her favorite place to be and a wistful sigh escaped her.
I’ll need someone to come with to help me carry things…if anyone’s willing.”
Her attention returned to the group.
Jolyre hadn't dared to even gaze at them lest they had seen her smile. Her slip in composure.
It was best that they thought she was a warrior. Unfeeling and cold. Attachments didn't end well if you're name was Aegis..
It was to Jolyre's dismay that Suri and Rigo agreed to help Miya gather supplies from the neighboring town. This would be a chance to talk to the woman. A chance she so desperately wanted but refused to do in front of her fellow bearers.
She walked over to them, and inserted herself into the conversation.
"I can go. I've ridden before." she offered in a very neutral, even tone. It wasn't a complete lie. Even after her failed attempts, Alexei had pushed her and, after several gysahl greens, Jolyre and the chocobo had a cohesive relationship for one day.
She knew all about the balance. Where to sit, how not to sit, what not to say to a chocobo, which way to lean. How to make them run, jump, flap, squawk , walk, and be stealthy. Jolyre had learned it all.
She just hated having to ride the beasts. They were majestic with their immensity and their graceful gait and any knight upon one looked regal, but Jolyre preferred the sky to the strong talons of chocobos.
It was this time only and never again, would Jolyre Aegis agree to mount one for no good reason. She could let Rigo and Suri go in her place, but the only thing Jolyre hated more than irony, wind, and chocobos, was a missed opportunity.
Granted, she'd rather impale her own eyes out than be around the condescending fire bearer, but this was a special occasion.
Whether or not Miya would accept her offer was another story...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:23 pm
((hey its me hinastar. I have to use this new account, Kasumi the ocean because my other one got banned.))

Kasumi blushed a bit as she felt Gio hand take her through the cloak. She smiled as she held it close to her. "Thank you so much Gio." she said as she placed it around her. She was so happy that Gio cared about her like that. She nodded as she followed him outside.

She jumped up and down in joy as she saw what they were going to ride. "Chocobos!" she smiled as she went to one of them and pet it on the head. "Awww hes so cute. I have seen Chocobos but only rode one once." she smiled as the chocobo ruffled its feathers and she laughed. "This is going to be so much fun." she smiled. She kept petting the chocobo, making sure to create trust with the creature before getting on it. She smiled as she mounted the Chocobo with ease. "Orin thats mean. You have to treat Chocobo with respect." she said as she rode the Chocobo like she had done it her entire life.

Kasumi the ocean

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 am
((Okay, thank goodness, I was worried that I would have to retcon the part where Gio revived Kasumi. If you hadn't come back I probably would have had to make it that she had died and we'd need to find a new Water Bearer. Anyways, glad to have you back Kasumi.))

When they finally arrived at the ranch, Gio was excited to see the Chocobos. He felt like a little kid again as he saw the large, dangerous, but immensely adorable birds grazing and resting and running around the cultivated and grassy cliff side. There wasn't a whole lot of grass near the Pandemona Canyons. Most of the grass was a few miles out from the depths where the winds were lighter since the higher intensity winds of the canyon tended to blow nutrients away, but with diligent cultivation, such lush greenery was able to be maintained.

Gio laughed as he saw Kasumi run straight over to one of the big bird, and in moments, without a single Gysahl Green to bribe it, she began riding it in small circles completely bareback. Bareback Chocobo riding was always a possibility, but was really only ideal for short-term trips since too long without a saddle could make both the Chocobo and the rider fairly uncomfortable from nonstop riding. He still couldn't help but laugh at the irony, given the unpleasant experiences that a few of their group seemed to have had with the birds.

"Hahahaha, it looks like Kasumi's a real pro at this, guys! No greens or anything and she's already trotting around! Hahahahaha!," he was smiling one of the first genuine smiles he had smiled in many years, and laughing like he hadn't in even longer. "Orin, Alane, Jolyre, I think you all could take something from her example. Hahahaha.

Eager to ride on of the fluffy birds himself, Gio walked over to one and held his hand out, nearing it to pet the soft feathers of its neck. However, upon noticing him, the bird recoiled suddenly, hunching over and lowering its head close to the ground, a wary and frightened look of a cornered animal in its eye. Gio also recoiled his hand subconsciously. He hadn't ever ridden a Chocobo, but he had had a few rare chances to pet one in his life, and never had they reacted to him like this. It unnerved him as it brought his mind out of the happy clouds and down into his depressing situation. Could the Chocobo feel something dangerous inside him? Was it really that horrible a feeling?

No. Gio didn't want to think about those things. He pushed them down as hard as he could and approached the bird again, this time more slowly. The bird warily held its stance but neither turned and ran nor lashed out at him, however, it seemed ready to do just that on a moment's notice. Gio's hand touched the the side of the bird's neck and it jerked in place, but when Gio did nothing but pet it softly and scratch at its sweet spot, it relaxed after a few moments and gave a cute little chirping of kwehs. It bumped its forehead on his and pushed against him, imitating how a cat rubs up against someone to show that it likes them.

Gio breathed a small sigh of relief, but said nothing to anyone in the group. He privately hoped that nobody had noticed, but since he had just been laughing and talking to a few of them, he was bound to have attracted attention to the event. His face flushed red realizing that they all must have seen it, but still he didn't want to think about it, so he put on a happy smile again and after a few minutes of diligent petting and scratching, he tried climbing on the bird. Thankfully, it allowed him on and he started guiding it around. He used very light pushed on the base of its neck to indicate every turn and made sure it only walked around until he got a saddle and harness for running.

When Gio heard Miya's request for a partner in going to get supplies for the group, he rode the Chocobo closer to the group and said, "It seems like almost everyone is offering to go along with you. I don't really think I should, since this is my first time riding a Chocobo, and I'm sure someone else could do better helping than me." He heard Harrier and Alane bicker about how Alane should go with her, since she knew the local trade better than most anyone else did, and it was a good point, but he had a feeling that something else would be a better decision. He couldn't tell what it was exactly, but Miya and Jolyre seemed to have an uneasiness between each other... it seemed to mostly be on Jolyre's part, but it was there regardless. He piped in, "I think it might be a good idea for Jolyre to go along, getting some space from the group could be a relief for her." He was more implying that getting space from HIM would be better for her, but he wasn't going to go right out and say it, and it was a fairly valid reason, but his real intention was to get some interaction between Miya and Jolyre so that they could be more comfortable around each other.

He also added, "If Alane needs to say goodbye to family, then she can take her Wyrum to do that, that way she doesn't have to ride a Chocobo, since it displeases her so much." It was a valid argument that Alane appeared to completely dislike Chocobos, and they seemed to like being mischievous with her in turn, so not having to ride one was as good of an argument as any. Her wyrum was too small it seemed to carry supplies, and flying with weight was likely a fair bit harder than running with weight. Chocobos were ideal pack-animals.

Gio looked over to Suri and said, "I don't really think that you going is a good idea, Suri, since you do weigh a bit more. From what I've heard, a Chocobo should be able to carry you easily enough, but we wouldn't be able to hold as much supplies on your bird. We'll put less on yours when we divy-up the supplies, but for the trip we'd need someone who could bring back as much stuff as possible."

Now he was surprising himself. He had systematically found reasons that each of them should not go and why Jolyre should go. He hardly had to think about it really. Maybe he was just getting used to the unique traits of each person in the group very quickly, but he was still surprised at his powers of observation.

He also gave a bit of a look to Rigo, hoping that he would understand what he was trying to do, and withdraw his offer to help. Miya and Jolyre really seemed like the best choice to send for supplies at the moment, given how he looked at it. However, he really couldn't think of any reason for Rigo not to go, so he was lost there.

((Sorry that I haven't posted much. I took a small break to recharge my creativity, and on top of that my weekends are notoriously the computer territory of my mother and brother while the weekdays are mine mostly. Anyway, glad to see you back, Kasumi.))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 pm
((Good to be back. Took me a while to find the guild and fourm. Sorry the post is short. I'm still catching up a bit.))

Kasumi looked at Gio and smiled. "Well I remember my father taking me on a few rides on a Chocobo and I picked it up quickly." she said as she pet the Chocobo on the head. "I guess I just have a way with animals." she said.

She listened to what Gio said to each member. 'He's more open up now. Its like he became a new person.' she thought with a smile. It felt nice to have him back. "But I thought we were all going to Renara?" she asked. She was a bit confused about everyone's plans.

Kasumi the ocean

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:16 pm
((Yeah, didn't you hear? Rigo hogs the computer on the weekends because he has to tend to noble business matters during the weekdays, when Gio can goof off. Anyway, welcome back, Kasumi.))

It seemed that not everyone was having great luck or animosity with the Chocobos. Orin threatened to freeze a bird that had decided to cure its curiosity by pecking at the scholarly Ice Bearer who bore no allegiance to Tylem and the area. Alane, though to be fair the ranger had instigated the ruckus, was the unwary victim of scarf chewing and hair loss. Kasumi, on the other hand, was quite cheerful and just as joyful riding on a Chocobo like an expert. Of course, Rigo kept a watchful eye on Gio when his younger brother went to touch a Chocobo. The Chocobo's response wasn't something Rigo expected. It withdrew itself, and Gio seemed to be surprised too. However, that passed as bird and brother opened up slightly and began interacting friendlier.

Mario's appearance and his entrance of clapping took Rigo's attention away from the others momentarily as he looked at the Chocobo farm owner calmly while observing the man's demeanor and clothes to gauge the man. Alane and Harrier seemed to trust him, and he didn't seem to be the deceiving type. His offer in return for them borrowing his Chocobos seemed fair to Rigo. Rigo couldn't imagine these bandits to be related to their attackers or the horrendous arrogant mantis creature from before. Besides, it would be good practice for the troupe and a fair exchange, if they couldn't talk the bandits out of ... being bandits first.

Jolyre then volunteered to go with Miya as well, bringing the potential volunteers up to four: Suri, Orin, himself, and Jolyre. He could feel something coming from Jolyre. She seemed to want to go. Gio then suggested that Jolyre go as well and batted Suri's heavyweight out of question. Orin had no experience with Chocobos, so he was already out. At least Rigo's brother was thinking logically now. Rigo noticed the look his brother gave him and nodded. "I'll help with the matters here. I believe Gio has a valid point. Suri, unless you can carry more separately from the Chocobo, it may be better for someone else to go in your place. We are not a small group, and we will need to be efficient in time and space management."

He looked at Kasumi, when she asked the question, and answered courteously. "We should stock up on some supplies before leaving while Mario and Harrier make arrangements for us."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 pm
Kasumi looked at Rigo and nodded. "Alright." she smiled as she let the Chocobo trot around for a while before she got off of it. She rubbed its neck as it ruffled its feathers and playfully nipped at the cloak Gio gave her. She was glad Gio had given her the cloak. He was right about the weather here. Her skin would have dried up in a few minutes under the searing sun. 'I hope the weather gets colder at night.' she thought. The cool night was fine with her, but if it got too cold her skin would break a bit. "Its sucks being so sensitive to the weather." she sighed.

"I think I will stay with Gio and Rigo here. I'm sure I can help Gio learn how to ride a Chocobo with ease before we head out." she said. "We don't want you slowing us down with a lost Chocobo Gio." she laughed, teasing him a bit. She noticed how much trouble Gio had befriending the Chocobo and she was sure she could get him riding like a pro in no time.

Kasumi the ocean

Vizzion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:01 am
Orin looked over at Gio and Kasumi who were seemingly having fun with their experiences Chocobos. "It's not like I actually froze the bird. Say what you want but my method works in making that curious one back away a few steps without actually shooing it" Orin said as he took on his familiar pose of standing still with crossed arms. "Besides, the day I start treating these overgrown birds like friends is the day I put down my books and start living in Renara" Orin said as he looked at Kasumi then to Jolyre.

Well now, I did not expect her to volunteer in the menial task of gathering supplies. There must be an ulterior motive to this eagerness... Orin thought for a minute but quickly shrugged when he heard Mario's condition for the Chocobos. "So if I am to understand this correctly, you wish for us to eliminate these bandits?" Orin asked Mario as he looked at the Chocobo farmer.

((sorry for the shortness of posts lately. Its a combination of being tired and my hand burn from work))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 am
<>

Miya was surprised at how many of the group actually volunteered to help her. Gathering supplies was never the most exciting of activities. Suri was the first to offer his services, and while Miya enjoyed his company, she was more than a little concerned with his weight. Even if a chocobo could carry him, he wouldn’t be able to help carry back many supplies. Next, Rigo offered. He seemed confident enough, perhaps he’d ridden before? She wasn’t sure. Orin seemed apologetic almost in his inability to help, and Miya was somewhat relieved. She seemed more sensitive than the others to the crystal and felt a little embarrassed to be caught avoiding Orin; another bearer she surprisingly got along fairly well with. Miya figured his cooler, calm demeanor would clash with her more hot headedness, but instead they complimented each other.

Alane and Harrier had some disagreements about helping, but Alane seemed to offer if they were willing to stop at her house. Well, that was a small enough task to accomplish, though her displeasure of chocobos was a definite disadvantage when one was riding the bird.

Miya was about to choose volunteers when she Jolyre volunteered her services. Momentarily stunned, she stared at the woman a bit blankly. Her first thought was that it was some sort of trap or trick, but immediately felt horrible for thinking such things. Yes, they did not get along particularly well, but they were on the same team now and Miya knew she needed to trust more. That was when Gigo offered up his opinion. He seemed to weigh the pros and cons the way she had, at least when it came to Suri and Alane. Miya smiled a ghost of a smile. How fast he was already growing! She was tempted to ask him to come along, but he seemed to think Jolyre was the best choice. Miya wasn’t sure if she agreed, but she couldn’t argue. She stood still, her mind slowly turning over the information.

“Alright then. It seems Suri should stay here and find a bird that is strong enough to carry him. One that’s crossbred with a behemoth perhaps,” she said as a joke in a dry voice. “I agree with Gigo. Alane, it might be best to speak to your father alone, chocobo or no. It might be a long time before you see him again.” At this Miya paused. Child and parent should never be separated; but then Alane was no longer a child…

“That leaves Jolyre and Rigo. I don’t care which comes,” Miya said, not unkindly, “as long as they don’t mind some heavy lifting.” She wasn’t sure if she could get enough chocobos to allow them both to go, and she had no reason to pick one winged bearer over another. She had a feeling Gigo was pushing for Jolyre to go, though Ifrit only knew why.

Before the two could decide, Rigo decided to stay and the choice was made for them. Miya silently offered a prayer to Ifrit to allow this simple task to run smoothly.

“Alright Jolyre, lets grab a bird and head out; I’d hate for the group to be waiting on us to leave,” Miya said good naturedly.  

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:14 pm
Suri realised his offer wasn't a well-thought one. His weight plus that of supplies would be torture for one of these creatures. But he was perfectly fine with staying behind. Still, he almost did a double-take when Joylre volunteered to go for supplies, but then listened to Gio's reasoning of it, and it made better sense. It seemed they would be on their way shortly, Suri wanted to ask Miya what a 'Behemoth' was, for he'd never read of those in his books. He surmised it was probably the name for some gigantic monster. He hoped he wouldn't have to face one of them along with Malboros either.

On the tail end of the conversation, as he gazed into the rolling sky, Suri heard Mario list the condition for their transport. "Always a catch..." Suri muttered quietly under his breath before stretching and drawing closer to hear better. "Bandits...it figures. Ah well, it probably won't be too hard to set em straight. It's not like they have Crystals or anything. A pittance of a task for the Mighty Crystal Bearers!" he said grandly, making a dramatic flourish and grinning like a fool.

((lolz, shortest post thus far. I'm just at a loss for what to write atm. Since we are in-between scenes sorta.))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:09 pm
"I think it might be a good idea for Jolyre to go along..."
Jolyre winced slightly at the sound of her name on his tongue. It wasn't uttered with the hatred that she wanted him to return. He wasn't angry with her putting the weight of her lifes' woes upon his shoulders. That would be too easy. If they mutually hated each other, Jolyre could move on...
Instead this boy was trying to....to what? Suck up to her? Gain her approval? Her apology?
She couldn't wrap her mind around it.
So, on Gio's word, the others began retracting their offers to help. Suri opted out.
Jolyre looked at the temporary lapse of control n Miya's face. The fire bearer did not want Jolyre Aegis as a companion on this little side trip. But the slip of composure was quickly covered up.
It's not as if I'm thrilled about this either she thought, disgruntled.
It was down to her and Rigo. that appeared to be a recurring theme...
"I'll help with the matters here. I believe Gio has a valid point."
She hid her dueling emotions of victory and dread behind a solemn mask and a nod.
It seemed that Miya had no choice but to take the angeal now...
Jolyre offered Miya polite nod at her order to round up a chocobo. It was kind, but it seem artificial. This would be a lovely trip...
At least Miya was putting in the effort to keep up a facade...
Jolyre could return the favor.
It was only warily that Jolyre walked out into the field of the wandering birds. She approached several of them but many of them ran from her, Kwehing away. All except for one.
A smallish one stood facing her with a fiery stare. Although runtier than it's fellows it was still strong and had all the feistiness uncharacteristic of a chocobo.
She approached it with an outstretched hand a stare as even as the one she was receiving.
A sharp beak snapped at her, but she only narrowed her eyes and stepped forward again.
"You won't get me again.." she muttered to the chocobo.
She lunged and grabbed a gentle handful of feathers and began stroking its neck in a desperate fury, trying to get it to hopefully not want to destroy her.
It gave an awful squawk and panicked for a moment. After a few awkward moments between the two, the chocobo finally released the tension in its muscles.
Jolyre grinned at it, obviously pleased with her small feat.
She leaned slightly against it knowing her slight frame wouldn't bother it.
The bird, realizing it was about to go to a new locale, knew enough to get saddled up perhaps given a green treat or seven. It raced off to the stabling area and Jolyre, caught off guard, fell from her relaxed stance of leaning against the creature. She landed roughly in the dry dirt and sparse grass.
Standing up slowly with a glower on her face, she brushed away at some dirt on her. It was then she realized how scummy she was. Blood that may or may not have been hers, dried dirt and sweat, she was truly a sight for sore eyes.
Sighing, she walked over to the stables and watched her choice chocobo get saddled.
"You ready, Miya?" Jolyre asked, trying to rub at some mystery spot on her arm. Dirt or blood. Who knew? The only thing Jolyre knew is that she wanted to get going. Miya had several questions to answer...  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:04 pm
Miya watched as Jolyre picked out and attempted to tame a disgruntled bird. After a small struggle, the woman was victorious. Leaning confidently against the yellow plumage of the bird, she was caught off guard when the bird took off and ended up on the ground. Miya took that as her cue to find her own instead of staring at Jolyre as she stood up and began wiping herself off.

Chocobos were old hat to the older woman so she wasn't particularly choosey. She walked up to a large male chocobo and reached up to pat it's beak as though they were old friends. The bird gave out a loud kweh before submitting to her. It was an older bird, not as fast as the young ones, but calmer. Miya liked the older birds for their reliability. It followed the other chocobo to the stabling area and Miya turned her attention back to Jolyre as she asked her if she was ready. Miya nodded to her and followed the birds.

As a stable hand went to saddle her bird, Miya stepped in. "Do you mind if i saddle my own bird? I like to get to know them a little," she asked, and was given a strange look. The man nodded, letting her know it was okay and stood off to the side, he may have given her permission, but it was obvious he didn't quite trust her. Grabbing a saddle, Miya expertly buckled, fastened, and tied it until she was satisfied it was on tight. The chocobo patiently waited until she was done, obviously used to being ridden. Miya gently put the reins on the birds massive beak, careful to avoid any unexpected snaps of beak. When she was finished she patted it's neck and went to mount it. Her foot slipped into the foot holder and she grunted slightly throwing her weight upwards and over. Shifting her weight around until she was comfortable, she gently urged the bird forward and out of the stables. She was up higher than she was used to, but for some reason this comforted her. She was a bit caught off guard by the birds long strides that caused her to rise and fall so quickly.

Pausing for a few moments to gather her bearings she figured out the direction they would need to go. Miya waited patiently to give Jolyre time to join her. When she did, Miya nodded a farewell to the group and took off, slow at first, then gradually to a nice pace; not too fast, not too slow. She remained silent, her mind making a mental list of things to buy.  
Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff