Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JayyLee10

Luxurious Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:47 pm
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

User Image

F u n d s: $1000::::::O u t f i t: Be Afraid::::::M o o d: Questionable::::::C o m p a n y: Ben::::::R e l a t i o n s h i p: Single

Avery's eyes turned to the male as he had some kind of aura detection to detect any nearby demons around. That was some kind of power to have as a demon. "Really? Do you control it? And why sometimes?", the female asked as she flipped a couple of pages in the book, "You have some kind of weird timing to use that ability to detect me" His timing was quite perfect actually. If he didn't detect the female, she would probably be like a normal human, reading a demon book. There probably wasn't a lot of people reading demon books and anything in the library was probably better than these types of books. Water mage demon? That is something different for demon. That power was one thing she expect a demon to have. But each demon was born differently and not all were alike. "I could create my weapon or whatever I want right now, but since this is a library, I don't want to make a scene and having everyone going bat crazy for seeing someone with a weapon in here." She would kill just to see normal citizens running around only if it was someone else that did the scaring or something like that. "Benjamin. Can like Ben or Benny work for short?'

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Out.Of.Character:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:41 am
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1314 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The blond nodded in response to the question about the passive skill. "Saving the full potential for dire circumstances. My detection right now is just a fraction of it." He then heard about Avery creating weapons because of her shadow manipulation and smiled, finding it amusing. "Plausible that you save the weapons for such a crucial time." Definitely, the library was not the right place for that. A wider area would be better as long as there were no innocent people, or someone who dared to piss her off would become the target for whatever weapon she could conjure with because of that ability. At the mention of the nickname, his reply was simple. "Ben is fine."

He then turned the page. "Any other reading material that suits your fancy? I work as a sale associate in the bookstore and I may see if the titles are available." He was now speaking as a salesman, but more customers would be nice.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: bookworm mode, being friendly
Company: Avery
Money: $135.10 (Wallet); $1000.00 (Bank Account)
OOC:

Quote:

JayyLee10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

JayyLee10

Luxurious Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:43 am
Kurisuchin Saiyuki

User Image

User Image

F u n d s: $1000::::::O u t f i t: Be Afraid::::::M o o d: Questionable::::::C o m p a n y: Ben::::::R e l a t i o n s h i p: Single

Only for dire circumstances? A demon that is pretty cautious, Avery is a different type of demon. Pretty much a hardcore demon and just goes full on it than being cautious of her surroundings. That was how she was trained when she was little and how she has been training since now. She could use some of training now that she was thinking of it. It has been quite a while since she last trained. "Ehh not exactly. I just use it whenever I want to, and it only works when it's completely dark, since that's the best time where shadows are everywhere." The dark was completely the best choice to take when using her powers. Next of the conversation turned into books as Ben spoke of him being a sales associate and worked at a book store. Sad though as Avery doesn't do much reading actually. Maybe if it's a comic book, she get hooked, but reading wasn't much for her. The book she had in her hand just happened to get her eyes and interest. "If only I was a reader, I'll get hooked, but I'm not that interested in books. If you have any good comics then maybe I'll get interested.", the demon said as she closed the book and placed it back in the place she last got it and skimmed through the title of the books.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Out.Of.Character:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:40 pm
User Image

xxxx ☾ Benjamin Harris ☽ xxxx
xxxxThe Demonic Water Magexxxx

”The waters will obey me... with just a flourish of my hand.”

Residence: 1314 Ombre Housing DistrictOccupation: Bookworm's Sales Associate

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The blond listened to her explaining more about her skill together with the caveat to make it work. "Quite a plausible requirement." Avery then mentioned that she was not much of a fan of most reading materials available in the bookstore unless it was all about comics. That was when he chuckled lightly. "You're in luck, Avery, for comic books are also available there, too. From the top names showing off superheroes to classic handles delivering unforgettable slice-of-life depictions in the cartoon form to independent artists striving to make a name for themselves even if they are the newcomers." He then turned to another page. "So what kind of comic books tickle your fancy, actually? Most of the customers I have interacted there are the novel fanatics or simply those looking for references about a certain topic."

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Mood: bookworm mode, being friendly
Company: Avery
Money: $135.10 (Wallet); $1000.00 (Bank Account)
OOC:

Quote:

JayyLee10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, мαяcн ③яם

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ①④⑥
( ④ мσитнs, ②⑥ םαчs )

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 pm
User Image

>>>>> Ϩɑɦɑɾ Dȋη <<<<<

██████████████████████████████

Unfortunately, the weather hadn't improved much since the previous day. Sahar had spent most of the day inside, trying to keep his mind occupied by doing busy work or watching movies, but not much worked. Ever since he had run into Crevan only one thing kept running through his mind.

Vixen.

She had consumed his thoughts for weeks now yet he paid it not mind until now and he wanted nothing more than to stop thinking abut him. The djinn knew that her brother had been joking when he accused him of having a crush on her, yet the idea that he might wouldn't leave him alone. Did he have a crush on Vixen? No, he couldn't, absolutely not! They were just kindred spirits. Plus, he had his research to focus on, he couldn't deal with the drama of a relationship she obviously didn't want right now! This was just friendship he felt, nothing more, he was just confusing it with something more because he had been thinking about the orchard as well lately.

That's all it could be. Yet the idea wouldn't leave him. Perhaps it would be better if he went out today as well, find something else to keep him distracted. While cleaning Sahar found some books he had borrowed from the library. It was about time he returned them, so maybe a trip to the library would life his spirits! Granted, he did have to go out in the rain to do so, but it might be worth it. Maybe they even got more books in about the local flora! The thought made him giddy as he got ready and left the house.

The trip to the library had been uneventful and once there the djinn returned his old books and began to search for something new to read. He had brought an umbrella and jacket to keep dry and warm, yet he still felt a chill as he wandered the building. Why couldn't it stay warm for once? Hopefully, the rain ended soon...

>>>>> I have: $836.75 // I love: no one (maybe a certain fox...) // I am: cold, thoughtful, distracted. <<<<<

[[Ooc: ]]

oOo Tragic Melody OoO
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

SoujiAtsumi

Masterful Trickster

20,000 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      Skye let out a large sigh as she stepped in the puddles created by the rain. She was such an idiot! Telling a complete stranger that she was on the run for someone's murder. Even if Ryan did seem trusting enough, she didn't know him! What if her turned her in for the reward money... was there even a reward for her? Or did the police think she had been attacked by the 'man-eating' wolf too and thought she was dead in the woods somewhere? After all, a lot of her blood had been splattered in that room too. Closing her eyes tightly, she shook her head a bit. She needed to get over this! Her skin was looking even more pale than usual due to her not getting out and into the sun. which made the fact she chose one of the crappiest days to be the day she went out even more laughable. She had tried to cover the circles under her eyes with some cover-up, but all it really did was make them look not as dark. She was still having a lot of trouble either getting to sleep or staying asleep through the night. Maybe she really did need some help... perhaps she should give her parents a call... after all, she really had been meaning to for a while now, but with her being up pretty much all night then sleeping most of the day away, it was difficult.

Stomping her foot in frustration, she then gave an annoyed groan as she splattered some dirty sidewalk water on her pants. "Just great..." She huffed. Where the hell was she anyway? She hadn't been to this part of the city before... Glancing around, she would raise an eyebrow as she saw she had come upon the library. "Well. As long as I'm here." Maybe they had some self-help books she could read or something. After stepping inside, she went to the front desk and got herself a library card before heading over to the first row of books she could see and started scanning the shelves. Nothing here really caught her interest though, so she moved on to the next one.

──────────────────────────────────
                                      x ᴘʀᴏғιʟᴇhere
                                      x ᴅᴀᴛιɴɢnobody
                                      x sᴛʏʟᴇRain Sucks
                                      x ᴏᴏc -

SoujiAtsumi

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:20 pm
User Image

>>>>> Ϩɑɦɑɾ Dȋη <<<<<

Floating around the library in search of new books helped lift Sahar's mood, however, it wasn't the distraction he needed. Every now and then he found his mind wandering to the subject he was trying to avoid. If he continued this research would be impossible...Eventually, he gave up, sticking with the books he had already found before moving to a new area. Maybe something else could hold his attention. It'd been a while since he read anything fictional that wasn't legends and mythology, maybe he could find something new.

With that in mind, he started to scan the shelves once more for something interesting. He was so focused on his search that he didn't realize there was someone else nearby until he bumped into a young lady. "Oh, my apologies, I did not see you there!" He apologized quickly, giving her a sheepish smile.

>>>>> I have: $836.75 // I love: no one (maybe a certain fox...) // I am: cold, thoughtful, distracted. <<<<<

oOo Tragic Melody OoO
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

SoujiAtsumi

Masterful Trickster

20,000 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                      Skye had found herself in the fiction section and had paused a moment when she thought she found a book that might interest her. She was reading the back cover of the novel when suddenly she was being bumped into. With a grunt, she dropped the book on the floor. Frowning a little, she silently pouted before she glanced over at the guy that bumped into her as he started to apologize to her. Well.. At least he was nice enough to apologize for bumping into, she should stop being such a grump. Her face slowly went back to it's neutral state as she glanced up at him. "It's fine. No harm was done." She said as her bright yellow eyes stared up at him for a second before she kneeled down to pick up the book. She then placed it back on the shelf, having decided against getting it, before turning to the male again. "Ah, did I happen to be in your way for whatever it was you were searching for?" She asked him, wondering if she was maybe standing in his way and needed to move over some.

──────────────────────────────────
                                      x ᴘʀᴏғιʟᴇhere x ᴅᴀᴛιɴɢnobody x sᴛʏʟᴇRain Sucks x ᴏᴏc -
                                      SoujiAtsumi

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:25 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ Camil 'Rye' Falkov Dragonkin
❛Sometimes you have to give up, not because you didn't try to move mountains to be with someone.
You give up because they didn't try to move mountains to be with you.
They settled for their life and the people in it, even when it isn't what they really want.
You weren't meant to live a lie.
Hold your head high and know that you won't ever settle for that misery.

Let go.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

○I'm feeling calm.
●I'm speaking to no one at the moment.
○I'm currently wearing the usual.
●I have $190 on me and $800 stashed in the bank.
○I currently have feelings for no one.

The Hamilton Song book, the great pianists. Camil scanned his gaze across the books he held in hand, and he wondered if he should grab a couple more. He wondered if he should even think of grabbing a couple more with the amount of books he held in hand. Camil pondered, and soon enough, he heaved a frustrated sigh.

At least he’s made progress on the music he’s attempting to compose. Now, he just had to find the perfect piano accompaniment to bring out the best in the first half of his music.

He took a deep breath, taking in the smell of old books that infiltrated his nose. If anything, he felt at home in a place such as this. He felt calmer, much more at ease than he had ever been since the first day he set foot in Soleil. Maybe it was because the library had a calming effect, or perhaps.. it was because of a particular lady he found himself texting on a regular basis starting a few weeks back. Precisely, since Valentine’s. The conversation was mostly one-sided, where Camil would respond with one word answers such as ‘okay’, ‘noted’, or maybe, for special cases, two words at most, ‘thank you’, when she’d tell him to take care.

He never liked looking at cell phones, since his eyes were quite sensitive to light, which is why, sometimes, he never bothered replying, at all. Though as of late, he had been more responsive, evolving from one word responses, to a single sentence, or even a question in return. ‘Take care of yourself’, ‘How are you’, and such. Maybe it was because he pitied her situation, or maybe he felt bad for ignoring her. Either way, it was a good change. For Coralyn, at least.

Camil pulled his phone out, and he’d use the voice recognition system installed into his device for the text he was about to send. ”I’m here.” he stated, and pressed send.

If anything, Camil has been here since early morning. The young man had been experiencing insomnia as of late, leaving him in an exhausted state of mind. He had invited Coralyn a couple of hours later on purpose, so he could at least have an hour or two to cram a couple of things into his mind before she arrived. The young man ran his fingers through his hair, brushing his long ombre locks backwards, only to reveal the dark circles beneath his eyes.

It was still early, isn’t it? Perhaps around half an hour before she’d arrive. If anything, he could take a short nap during this period. Without further ado, he pushed the books aside, and rested his forehead against the wooden table. Camil would use that time to think, about the situation he was in, the situation he was about to be in. Not once has he ever invited a friend out, save the few he made in university. This was a first, and perhaps, it might not be such a bad idea after all. Camil snorted, finding it a little funny.

Maybe his grandmother was right. Maybe he should start giving other people a chance. His eyes fluttered shut, and a soft hum escaped his lips. Had he always been so.. gloomy?

What the hell did Coralyn find in such a gloomy person to begin with? She’s a clingy fellow, that’s for sure. He smiled, finding the thought of her to be quite.. Funny. He’d start thinking about things, about his childhood, about pleasant memories, and he’d find his memories slowly becoming hazy. Before he knew, the young man had drifted off into slumber, where his mind would be filled eith nothing, but pleasant little dreams.

User Image

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

ll Neo ll

PUMMMY

Trash

SoujiAtsumi

Masterful Trickster

20,000 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm
User Image

>>>>> Ϩɑɦɑɾ Dȋη <<<<<

Golden eyes. Why did it have to be golden eyes that peered up at him? Those eyes had him thinking of Vixen once more before he forced himself to focus on the lady in front of him instead. Was she upset? She looked upset, well, she was pouting so she must be upset right? After his apology, she seemed to relax a bit at least. While she reached for the book she dropped -whoops, no wonder she was upset- he allowed his feet to touch the ground once more. Maybe if he hadn't been floating she would have heard him coming and they could have avoided the whole incident...

"Hm? Oh, not at all! I was not looking for anything in particular and I was distracted; it is my fault that I ran into you. Sorry again!" He bowed his head a tad to her before turning his gaze to the book she had been looking at. "Do you read fictional books often? If you do not mind, could you give me a few recomendations. I have been absorbed in my research lately that I have not been able to read much else." The books here were bound to be different than the book Sahar read back home. It would be interesting to see what genres and themes were popular here.

oOo Tragic Melody OoO
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games