Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ending The War, It Begins [SWSE] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 4 Total: 18 (2-40)

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:09 pm
"Well, Skywalker project sounds good to me. I just want to get moving. We don't want to stay in one place too long--might catch someone's attention." Cole glances over Knives's shoulder to check out the map, and then starts fading down the corridor in the correct direction to inspect the route. "You know, your Chosen One used to be a hell of a pod racer back on Tatooine," he throws over his shoulder with a grin.

{Stealth check +10 to slide down the halll unnoticed after his last comment, perception check +7 to see if anyone's coming or if there's anything else of note.}

{24 on stealth, but only 11 on perception. Hopefully anything looking will also roll badly. smile }  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 pm
Cole slinks off down the corridor, moving as silent as a Darlathyin cat, but he's a little too preoccupied with not making noise to notice anything crucial. Still, the intrepid travelers are able to make it through the facility without encountering any additional patrols, rapidly gaining on their goal. You easily breach the "spoke" of the facility that you were aiming to gain, as Knives is an incredibly talented hacker.

{Everyone make Stealth and Perception checks, please. Also, work is hell right now, so I'll probably be on intermittently, or at least have little overall brainpower to post, but I'm sticking with this game until it dies. I love the story I've got for it, and I'm excited to almost be to part of the big reveal.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Disciple of Sakura rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 10 Total: 22 (2-40)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:50 am
Stealth wasn't Dakine's strong suit, but she'd do her best to creep quietly after Cole. She focused her perceptions to see if she detected any nearby enemies as well...

{Stealth +5 = 17, Perception +15 = 25}  
Lord of the Vine rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 19 Total: 38 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 am
((Oh joy. Stealth. Well, I'll just roll twice; one for stealth (+4), one for perception (+2).))

((EDIT: Sweet Jesus. 23 on stealth, 21 on perception.))  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dallas Moonrain rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 6 Total: 15 (2-40)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm
Ayan-Dar slipped along, trying to be as stealthy as he could manage. Hopefully he wouldn't stub his toe like he did on a previous attempt at stealth on Shyriiwook--not good at all for one's dignity. Well, at least he could try and make sure to see if anyone noticed them.

{+4 on stealth, +15 perception}

{13, 21}  
Emerald the Crow rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 14 Total: 15 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:48 pm
Knives was really best at moving through the digital sphere without being noticed. In the real world, she was just a little too flashy. Still, she was doing her best not to jeopardize the team as she moved.

{Stealth +5, Perception +8}  

Emerald the Crow

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 2 20-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-40)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:30 pm
{+13; -3}
Everyone heard the noise up ahead. According to Knives's readouts they were almost to the facility housing the ominous Skywalker Project, and they could hear the mechanical sounds of a droid clearly echoing down the chamber, almost as if it wasn't capable of stealth. But it was also clear that it had heard the approach of at least the clumsier members of the strike team, as well. Combat was all but inevitable.

{If someone wants to roll a Knowledge: Technology roll, they can possibly identify the droid by the sounds it makes before you guys directly encounter it.}  
Emerald the Crow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:36 pm
{Well, unlike Stealth, Knives should be good at Knowledge: Technology. +10 bonus}  

Emerald the Crow

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:55 pm
{Knives's keen knowledge of technology indicates that the sounds she's hearing are the distinct tick-taking of the four legs of a Droideka series battle droid.}  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 pm
Knives raised her hand to indicate that everyone should stop. "That's definitely a Droideka up ahead. Do we really want to go up against a mobile battle platform with its own force field generator?"  

Emerald the Crow

Lord of the Vine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 pm
Tiberius gave it some thought. He was pretty rusty on all his droid knowledge...or maybe it was the multiple concussions...but he thought about the Droideka model droids and how they may be able to disrupt their shield generator.

(What kind of check would it take to determine something like that? I would assume Mechanics, but if not I can change it to Knowledge. If it is Mechanics, though, I'll make a roll at +14.)

(EDIT: Man the dice are hot for me right now. That makes 30 if its Mechanics, or 20 if its Knowledge [+4].)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:24 pm
Knives
"That's definitely a Droideka up ahead. Do we really want to go up against a mobile battle platform with its own force field generator?

"Not particularly," mutters Cole as he leads the way, trying to remain as quiet as possible. "But I kind of suspect we won't get a choice in the matter." He keeps his rifle at the ready. "If you got an idea for another way 'round, I'm up for it."  

jennibert

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:40 pm
{Just a note, guys. Sorry that I haven't been on lately. It's not that I'm not still around. It's that work has been kicking my a** and will continue to do so in Bruce Lee fashion for at least another week. I'll try and answer the issue of overcoming the Droideka's force shields as soon as I have the brain power to dig through the SAGA book and actually figure out how it works again. It's spilled out my ears at this point. Today was my only day off all week, and I spent it napping and running errands. So, please stay tuned. If I get a chance, I'll post later this week, but I can't make promises. Sorry.}  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:13 pm
{Okay, it took a week longer than I'd hoped to get back here and actually start posting. IF people are still interested in continuing this campaign, we can start back up. Thank you for your patience.}

With regards to the Droidekas, the shield generator can be overcome by hitting it with enough brute force to overwhelm it, overcoming the deflector field and basically weakening it to the point of defeat. The forcefield also is only a partial sphere, which means that it isn't protected by attacks from directly below it, as the shield can't prevent attacks from that direction.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:25 pm
User Image"I've heard horror stories about these things. They are not easy to kill. Seasoned Jedi have had to lay down their lightsabers and surrender to them."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff