Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e - One Shot/Recruiting] Doorway to Chaos [6/8] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Arc Vembris rolled 5 20-sided dice: 20, 15, 15, 3, 9 Total: 62 (5-100)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:15 pm
Barbie roars in response to Soveliss "I am your weapon!" She rushes forth toward to robed creep, brandshing her blade high. "I mean Melora! I am her weapon! and you will not escape my wrath, foul one!"
((Move to E16, Oath of Enmity on R))

She emits a high-pitched shriek like a swooping raptor as she drives her blade into the robed figure.
((Screaming Hawk Strike HOLY CRIT!!, retain power?:YES 50 damage and R takes a -2 penalty to AC until end of next turn. Dominating Presence: On a crit, my allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against R until the end of BA's next turn.))

Bind this foe to me, Melora, she prays in her soul. Show me his will before it is made deed. Like a flash she drives another strike toward her enemy.
((Action Point! Bond of Foresight @31 vs AC , 13 damage plus whatever bonuses Soveliss grants. Effect: whenever R hits Barb, misses Barb, or shifts she takes an opportunity attack. Save ends. Staggering Fury: if spending action point to make an attack while raging, all enemies BA can see take a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of BA's next turn))  
Arc Vembris rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm
Screaming Hawk Strike: 12+4d8

Bond of Foresight: 11  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 4 8-sided dice: 8, 5, 5, 2 Total: 20 (4-32)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:51 pm
CRITTTT ta-ta-ta-DAMAGE!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 am
((Wouldn't Screaming Hawk Strike be 32 damage, not 20?))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:35 pm
((edited, y'know I thought that damage was a bit wussy))  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:51 pm
((... you know, I was just glancing at Barbie's character sheet, cause the gulf of damage between she and Toranis is a bit much.

Screaming Hawk Strike is 2[W] + Str (same as your Wis), so according to your sheet, shouldn't it be 2d10 + 8? That is, 28 damage BEFORE the crit, so 48 damage total? ))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm
((My 2d10 was 1 and 2 plus 10[due to Berzerker Fury] so it was 13 before crit damage))  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm
((... you maximize weapon damage rolls before applying critical damage...))

((So, by my count... 50 damage.))  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 am
((Oh what in the hell was I thinking? How long has it been since I landed a crit? thanks for the correction Rain))  
Reevinja Mk II rolled 5 20-sided dice: 10, 18, 18, 18, 6 Total: 70 (5-100)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:00 am
C1 vs. Sentinel [+18 vs. AC]
C2 vs. Sentinel [+18 vs. AC]
C3 vs. Soveliss [+18 vs. AC]
C4 vs. Soveliss [+18 vs. AC]
R vs. Barberie [+21 vs. AC]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:14 am
Herring's blade tears into the cloaked figure, staining a large section of the cloak dark red with blood. The cloak seems resistant to the green flame and doesn't catch alight, though the resiliance does not seem to transfer tot he person under the cloak. The fat beast's skin proves resiliance as well, incurring no pain to the creature nor wounds on its' body as the flames surround it. It lets out a hearty, deep laugh: "Ha, ha, ha.. "

Xavier is able to get to the end of the battlefield without contestation, and setup his wall of ice. Barberie and Sentinel are also able to overcome their wounds thanks to Soveliss.

Barberie's blade crashes into the cloaked figure, causing it to wail it in pain. After her second strike, it vanishes from view. Even after such a strike, it was alive.. but anyone who glanced in its' direction before it vanished could see that it was very badly injured.

The dog-like creatures swarm around the huge one, two on one side while the other two circle around and slip past Sentinel's wall to attack their flank with their long tongues. The cloaked figure re-appears where it was, swinging out with a claw toward Barberie while the large creature made of fire and brimstone is injured from the sheer cold of the ice wall - which it immediately moves away from, circling around the wall to try and get at its' creator.

Only two of the dog-creature's strikes land home, on Soveliss. The rest harmlessly strike Sentinel's armor plates. Meanwhile, the cloaked figure's attack on Barberie only hits the air before her - the hit still leaving it reeling.

[ I assumed both Sentinel, and Barberie used the healing surge.

R: 87 damage, immobilized, lots of other effects.
@Xavier: Roll damage (Wall of Ice) vs. RD.
@Barberie: Heal 54 [Inspiring Word: Soveliss]. I also believe you get two melee basics against R (Thunderfury Roar, Bond of Foresight). C1-4 are the only ones unaffected by the -2 attack rolls, since they cannot see.
@Sentinel: Heal 33 [Aid The Injured: Soveliss].
@Soveliss: 13 damage, dazed (save ends) from two tongue lashes.

[ Initiative - Round 7 || Click For Map || ]

[37] R [121 Damage - Bloodied] [Immobilized]
------- Oath of Enmity (Barberie)
------- Screaming Hawk Strike: -2 AC [End of Barberie Round 7 Turn]
------- Dominating Presence: +2 attack rolls vs. R [End of Barberie Round 7 Turn]
------- Bond of Foresight - Save Ends (Hits Barb, Misses Barbs, Shifts - provokes OA)
------- Staggering Fury: -2 attack rolls [End of Barberie Round 7 Turn]
[33] RD [10 Damage]
[28] Sentinel [46 Damage] <--| Turn
------- Adjacent allies + Sentinel gain cover vs. ranged and area attacks.
------- Adjacent allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
------- Extinguishing Rain: Resist 6 Fire
------- Iron Bulwark: +2 Power Bonus to AC (End of Round 7 Turn)
[27] Toranis [16 Damage] <--| Turn
------- Lightning Field: When hit on melee/enemy moves adjacent. [End of Round 7 Turn]
[26] G [345 Damage - Bloodied]
------- Marked: Sentinel (End of Sentinel's Round 7 Turn)
[25] S1 [31 Damage], S2 [91 Damage - Bloodied]
------- S1: Staggering Fury: -2 attack rolls [End of Barberie Round 7 Turn]
------- S2: Staggering Fury: -2 attack rolls [End of Barberie Round 7 Turn]
[23] Xavier [47 Damage - Bloodied]
------- Double [Transparent Version On Map] - End of Encountr, or until hit by an attack.
[16] Soveliss [96 Damage - Bloodied] [Dazed - Save Ends]
[14] Barberie [40 Damage]
------- Fearsome Presence: +2 All Defenses until stance ends.
------- Thunderfury Boar: Until rage ends, when an adjacent enemy hits or misses her, she can make a melee basic as an imm. reaction
------- Inspire Fury: While raging, any allies within 5 squares who hit with a melee attack get +2 to damage.
[12] Red Herring [41 Damage]
------- Firesoul Aura: 5 fire damage to anything which hits him in melee.
------- Displacer Armor: Attacks against Red roll 2d20, taking the lowest result.
------- Resist 5 All Damage
------- Host of Shields: +2 AC/Reflex [Power Bonus] until stance ends.
[00] C1, C2, C3, C4

Round 7: Toranis, Sentinel - Go! ]

Arc Vembris rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 18 Total: 32 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:06 pm
Opattack @40 vs AC, 11 damage  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 10 Total: 23 (2-40)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:12 pm
ThunderFury Rage @35, 14 damage
((just remembered he was Oath'd))  
Arc Vembris rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm
11 damage
14 damage  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 18 Total: 22 (2-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Current Status: 99/115, Resist 6 Fire

FREE ACTION

"HEY, HAIRBALL!" Toranis would call out to the large demon grappling his warforged companion. "HERE'S A PUZZLER FOR YOU! WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND IS GONNA KILL YOUR a**??"

The dwarf, resting his staff against his frame, would thrust both fists straight forward, and both his thumbs would pop up from his tight grip. Slowly, ever so slowly, he would bend his arms at the elbows, until his thumbs would be pointing directly at his chest.

"This guy!"

Quote:
Lightning Daggers, +21 vs G's Reflex. If it hits, 3d4+23 lightning damage.

STANDARD ACTION

Quote:
Bounding Bolt (AP,p33), +21 vs G's Reflex. If it hits, 3d8+23 lightning damage, and Ongoing 5 Lightning damage (Save Ends). If G fails its saving throw vs the Ongoing Damage, S2 gains Ongoing 5 Lightning damage (Save Ends). If S2 fails its saving throw vs the Ongoing Damage, C3 gains Ongoing 5 Lightning damage

MOVE ACTION

"As for you, lard-a**. You want a piece of me? Here, I'll give you an easier target!" Confidently striding up to the gluttonous demon, he would snort disapprovingly. "Go ahead! Just try it! MAKE MY ENCOUNTER!"

Quote:
Toranis moves N, N, NW, W, W to Q12

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas