THE Great Mysterious inu

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,250 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:25 pm
Alan the Great
I do. I still don't have a name though. People still address me by my old persona's name, which isn't bad. I my keep it a have some sort of Japanese half-breed persona to explain the completely non-Japanese name.

As I said, look at Tale of Genji and stuff...

And I SOOOOOO empathize with you on this. <.< Cept everyone (with the exception of my family and my lord and perhaps anyone else I have seen a lot of since my five year hiatus.) call me by my mundane name. Rather sad actually. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:30 am
THE Mysterious-inu
Alan the Great
I do. I still don't have a name though. People still address me by my old persona's name, which isn't bad. I my keep it a have some sort of Japanese half-breed persona to explain the completely non-Japanese name.

And I SOOOOOO empathize with you on this. <.< Cept everyone (with the exception of my family and my lord and perhaps anyone else I have seen a lot of since my five year hiatus.) call me by my mundane name. Rather sad actually. XD

Mine keep calling me "Sarah the Unknown" or "Sarah the Unnamed" or something like that. So anyway... yeah... One of my mom friends says she did the paperwork for a guy they named Bubba-Epp Elvis. It's totally period but not Japanese. And it was against his will......  

O C T O x p o d

THE Great Mysterious inu

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,250 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:02 pm
Flaming_Gecko
THE Mysterious-inu
Alan the Great

Mine keep calling me "Sarah the Unknown" or "Sarah the Unnamed" or something like that. So anyway... yeah... One of my mom friends says she did the paperwork for a guy they named Bubba-Epp Elvis. It's totally period but not Japanese. And it was against his will......
I had a thought....

oooo.... XD That's funny.
But it died...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:57 pm
I'm working on one, myself. The biggest hassle I have is that the two kimonos I meant to wear are a bit small, (Or maybe I'm a bit husky for them) and the obi I got with them don't seem to have been well-washed. They're awfully stiff and hard to work with, and I have no clue how to wash silk without damage. Ah, well.

Meantime, I'm known in Northshield by my current persona name, Seamus 'The Shameless' McGrail. I have my fun as a fool at large, associated with Jaravellir's Fool's Guild. mrgreen  

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Arutamasu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:33 pm
I am Captain Arutamasu Mizuki of the Dragon's Claw in Three Mountains most of my Crew is Japanese persona's  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:14 pm
I'm not Japanese (I'm Venetian), but I live in Æthelmearc, and there is a large clan of samurai here called Yama Kaminari. One of the members, Sir Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono, is one of my good friends. 3nodding  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:41 pm
I have a bunch of Japanese persona friends. I hang out with a bigish household of Japanese polearm fighters in Aten.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:44 pm
I don't have a Japanese persona but I do have a very good friend that is. I will try to get him in here. Also Clan Yama Kaminari is an excellent place to start for finding info for a Japanese persona.  

Solarie

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 pm
Shes right, we do have alot of Japanese persona's in our household. Our Officer in Grail: Takaio, Our Officer in Nythual: Namigin, My Personal Bodyguard in Syris: Makoto, My Spy and assassin: Yoshio, another spy in Out Division: Bullron, our cute member in Nythaul: Felecia, a friend affliated with the House Whispers (shinto monk): Sato, etc. etc. etc....LOL

~Master Elexi Stormcrow
~Commander of the Drakkenguard

Dema
I do! And here in Three Mountains/Terra Pomeria area of AnTir there are 5 others (+Scott whos a butthead and moved to Fla) who have Japanese persona's. They are all in or affiliated with The Drakkenguard too LMFAO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:33 pm
i'm half Japanese, i have a katana and a samurai style double dagger thingy
another one of the members in my house is Japanese and he has like a 6 foot long katana and 2 5 foot long katanas and 2 wooden katanas... he's teaching me how to use ze katana  

kirby_8934

Dapper Genius

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:18 am
kirby_8934
another one of the members in my house is Japanese and he has like a 6 foot long katana and 2 5 foot long katanas and 2 wooden katanas... he's teaching me how to use ze katana

I belive the 6 ft long "katana" is called a Dai-Katana or a Nodachi and the wooden Katanas are called Bokkens. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:30 am
Flaming_Gecko
THE Mysterious-inu
Alan the Great

How is that possible? To file a name against a person's will, I mean.  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

O C T O x p o d

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:37 am
Sir_Catherine
Flaming_Gecko
THE Mysterious-inu
Alan the Great

How is that possible? To file a name against a person's will, I mean.

I don't know but it happened.... If you knew this lady, you would know that anything is possible with her! Anyway I think they just did the paperwork without telling him....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:54 am
Dema
kirby_8934

I belive the 6 ft long "katana" is called a Dai-Katana or a Nodachi and the wooden Katanas are called Bokkens. ^_^

thanx i'll be sure to remember that. he's like 6'7" and his name is Obsidion.
btw is Kirby a period name back then?

kirby_8934

Dapper Genius

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:12 pm
kirby_8934
Dema
kirby_8934

thanx i'll be sure to remember that. he's like 6'7" and his name is Obsidion.
btw is Kirby a period name back then?

Hmm I doubt it but unless you're going to try and get your name passed by the college I don't think it matters. Also you could get an official name passed by the college but go by Kirby anyway, I know lots of people who have an official SCA name but go by the one that wasn't passable.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff