Reply Episode Discussion
3x20 The Man Behind The Curtain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalpini

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 am
sorry no one has genes that good, Richard would have to be in his 50's now and he only looks 30'ish.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:20 pm
MY THEORY:

Jacob found a way to be invisible - the island IS powerful.

The man (looks like he has eyeliner on) in the jungle that found Little Boy Benry - is the man at the end that takes his mask off saying "Want us to go get the body?"

That eyeliner-man is the LEADER, not BEN. Eye-liner man is the big man on campus- behind the scenes, but Ben acts like him, even though he's basically second in charge.

Why does Jacob not like electric / technology? The light, I think, has something that doesn't go well with the invisibility problem. Why else?

AND YAY! Next week, Charlie & Claire KISS!!! FINALLY!!  

rawrjennamonster

The First Seraphor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:22 pm
Kalpini
sorry no one has genes that good, Richard would have to be in his 50's now and he only looks 30'ish.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
      Hence the 'dodgy make-up'.
      They'd already filmed him in previous episodes, he'd already been introduced as a character, and then they needed to film him twenty years younger.
      Make-up cannot do that.
      I don't think there's anything significant about his messed up age.

I think Richard might be the leader as well. It seems as though he was before Ben helped them kill the Dharma Initiative, how could Ben suddenly 'out-rank' him when it was he who essentially helped Ben?

I don't think Jacob just found a way to become invisible. What's the motivation for that? To turn invisible and sit in a chair for the rest of his life?
      No, we know that dead people can physically manifest there.
      Jacks dad, Boone, Bens mother.
      He is clearly dead.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:19 pm
Seraphor
What I'd like to know is who were the 'Hostiles' originally, and how did they manage to gain control of the mainland organisation? (When Richard recruited Juliet)
Or were they already established on the mainland and they were never truly 'native' to the island? Just in opposition to Dharma?

They're likely not "native" to the island, because I don't think most people native to the south pacific are white.

I think that Dharma must have offended the hostiles accidentally. By their name, Dharma, I would assume that they'd try to be peaceful and accomidating to anyone on the island, perhaps even revere the islanders if the island is so special. I think the hostiles know how special the island is, and didn't want anyone else to find it.

I also want to know how they kind of took over Dharma's mainland operations, or if it's not Dharma, how they figured out how to do whatever it is they're doing sweatdrop

I still don't think that Richard's being the same age is an accident. I mean think about how much the producers... think about everything that they put into the show. They could have used another actor and done massive amounts of prosthetics and make up to make him look like a younger Richard. Besides, Ben says to him "You do still remember birthdays, Richard?" Or something of the like... as though he doesn't age...

Jacob may or may not be a person. He could be a manifestation of the island itself, or possibly a dead person brought back, like Boone and Christian and the likes. However, the "ghosts" of dead people haven't really interacted physically with living people, and Jacob tossed Ben around like a rag doll.

And Ben seems to be special to the others for some reason, perhaps why he needed to embarass Locke. Didn't Juliet mention that the rest of them look up to him and follow him, almost mindlessly?

woe that was long  

Spiral Out

kool ken

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:43 pm
It's all so very strange.
There's more new questions than there were answers.
Dammit ! This is how they keep us watching. b*****d!  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:10 pm
Majic Majic Ninja Whut
Dd everyone see Jacob? My cousin was the only one to see him the first tiem we rewinded it and paused it on him and my cousin said he looked like a pirate

yea, i think i did see a face when i saw the scene eek maybe its that black smoke thing?

at first i thought Jacob was the bunny sitting in a chair xp

arghhhh more and more questions!! I hope they are all answered some way or another.  

Gr33n Gummy Bears

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:34 pm
    Ben really does like bunnies...<3

I don't think Richard looking the same age was dodgy make-up. They could have just not used Richard as the guy Ben finds in the woods. And they were able to make Roger look young and old quite easily. Richard is just one magical guy.

And what if seeing Jacob has something to do with, more or less, killing one's dad? Or at least...getting over one's personal "issue" in life. Ben killed his dad, so he can (maybe) see Jacob, and so he assumed Locke could now too since he killed his. But Locke didn't...so he couldn't...mostly. And then there's Richard, who basically told Locke to get Sawyer to kill his dad for him.
    I just can't help but think Richard knows more than we think.

Jacob looks like Locke with hair...yes? No? Maybe so?

ALSO, Hostiles VS Dharma Initiative...paralleling Losties VS Others/Hostiles...?
    History is doomed to repeat itself.
    And was the gas incident maybe 16 years ago...? Was that the "illness" that killed Danielle's group off...?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:59 pm
pigs-fly
Majic Majic Ninja Whut
Dd everyone see Jacob? My cousin was the only one to see him the first tiem we rewinded it and paused it on him and my cousin said he looked like a pirate

yea, i think i did see a face when i saw the scene eek maybe its that black smoke thing?

arghhhh more and more questions!! I hope they are all answered some way or another.
I didn't see him. Can you post a screen capture of what you saw.  

kool ken

The First Seraphor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:04 am
      That's another thing. Where does Danielle fit into all of this?
      If the gas was the illness... how and when did they conceive Alex? Or did Ben just adopt her?

Also, when Ben shot Locke and said 'You can save him now' or something like that, maybe that wasn't just an empty remark.
      Ben knew Locke was as good as dead, and because Jacob is also dead...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:29 am
Seraphor
      That's another thing. Where does Danielle fit into all of this?
      If the gas was the illness... how and when did they conceive Alex? Or did Ben just adopt her?

Also, when Ben shot Locke and said 'You can save him now' or something like that, maybe that wasn't just an empty remark.
      Ben knew Locke was as good as dead, and because Jacob is also dead...

I think I remember Danielle saying she was pregnant already when they all got to the island.
    I've always just assumed Ben adopted Alex when the Others took her, and that he 's not actually her dad. Danielle said she had to shoot her husband when he got sick, along with the rest of their team.
    But that really is just all assumed if one chooses to trust Danielle. Who knows if she's actually telling the truth.

When Locke said that Jacob had said "Help me" Ben replied with something like "Well I hope he does help you, John," in that cynical Ben-like way.

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

fantasygirl91

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:36 am
wow the episodes are starting to confuse, i am glad they are getting to the secrets  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:38 am
ken45
pigs-fly
Majic Majic Ninja Whut

I didn't see him. Can you post a screen capture of what you saw.

i didn't see him either.....i didn't know if we were supposed to  

fantasygirl91

alyhs

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:58 am
Aiyaa! wow I can't believe Locke possibly most likely dead!?? I'm on the edge of my seat for the next episode! xd And what is with the Richard guy? Is he immortal or something? He looks the same age....weird.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:27 pm
Seraphor

I don't think Jacob just found a way to become invisible. What's the motivation for that? To turn invisible and sit in a chair for the rest of his life?
No, we know that dead people can physically manifest there.
Jacks dad, Boone, Bens mother.
He is clearly dead.

I hate to disagree. But I do.  

rawrjennamonster

kool ken

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:08 pm
I'm thinking Richard is "The Man Behind The Curtain".
He's got this immortal thing going.
He probably arranged for the bus that ran over Juliet's ex.
He put the idea into Locke to get Sawyer to kill his dad.
Ben's just a figurehead. Hahahahahahahahaha......  
Episode Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff