Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:58 am
I was at Warriors and Warlords this weekend... unfortunately there was a lot of drama going on within my household, so I didn't get to do as much stuff as I would have liked... and I had to go to the hospital on Saturday night just as the Shadewes Company party was starting because I had severe dehydration (stupid me).... but it was fun none the less. seeing everybody, buying pretty things, seeing some friends authorize....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Sooooo? C'mon, nobody went anywhere last weekend? No one was at Raid or Trade, or any of the other events I'm sure must've taken place? Dammit, people, I need to live vicariously through you, I'm broke!  

Imzy
Crew

KatAttk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:20 am
This weekend I went to a demo. It didn't exactly have to do with SCA, well our group that was there was part of the SCA but the others weren't. We were all just demoing the life styles and how who we represented lived. Our group was demoing the norse, there were also aboriginals, World War 1 and 2 reinactors, 1812 reinactors and Romans. It was amazingly fun. It was a two day event and it was overnight aswell. We had two battles with the Romans there. They came taxe collecting or something like that and we had no money so we gave them one of us as a slave. Then moments later we all put on chainmail and grabbed weapons and headed down to their encampment to fight them and save the one we gave them as a slave. The next day they fought us at our encampmet but I seem to have forgotten the reason. The public thought it was great. It was funny though because we had one of our people up in a tree spying on the Romans so when he saw them getting into formation he had me run to the guy of our group that was incharge and because of that we were ready when they arrived. It was our turn to die though but we put up a fight. I took a Roman down with me when I died... then when I fell to the ground my chainmail fell down around my neck and I started choking so someone saved me. Once we were all dead on the ground the Romans said they were going to take all the survivors so my friend that was lying on the ground 5 feet away or so whispered "Say it, say it!" So I slowly brought up my head just enough to look at the Romans and yell "I'm not dead yet!" and "It's just a flesh wound." Upon saying that the Romans just burst out laughing. It was great. Later after the battle I was going to visit some other encampments and one of the people I was with was trying to whistle at the Romans while they were marching back to their encampment so I had to yell "Hey Romans, looking Good!" for her.

There are so many tales to tell about the demo, after hours when the public left too. It was just awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:19 pm
I was at Clinton War this weekend. I came home a few hours ago hot, sweaty, dirty, and sunburned. All in all a great event. biggrin  

Arithrel
Crew

rimedragona

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:24 pm
Well, technically it's still this weekend... but hey!

Yesterday, I went to Poor Man's Pennsic, here the Shire of Falcon's Keep. I got there later in the day... and I promised not to say why. >>

So.

Saw a bit jousting, went through the merchant booths, watched a bit of Heavy, went through the merchant booths, saw a tiny bit of rapier, when through the merchant booths... and that was about my day. mrgreen

Saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a while... *huggles littlegreengirl* and it was good, if a trifle hot.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:30 pm
rimedragona
Well, technically it's still this weekend... but hey!

Yesterday, I went to Poor Man's Pennsic, here the Shire of Falcon's Keep. I got there later in the day... and I promised not to say why. >>

So.

Saw a bit jousting, went through the merchant booths, watched a bit of Heavy, went through the merchant booths, saw a tiny bit of rapier, when through the merchant booths... and that was about my day. mrgreen

Saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a while... *huggles littlegreengirl* and it was good, if a trifle hot.

yay poorman's!! i was so happy to see you there! i wish you could've stayed longer...

anyhoo... Saturday evening a couple of friends had a Judeo-Christian/Cherokee/Wiccan handfasting... interesting combination, but it worked really well. but yeah, it was beautiful, and afterwards there was a great big wop party in celebration of the handfasting and a couple of birthdays... great drunken fun! cloven fruit, and later on a bardic circle in a nearby encampent... i even sang! woohoo! didn't get back to my tent till after 7:00 am. i want to go back... it's only been a day and i miss everybody already. crying  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

KatAttk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:27 pm
This weekend... I was at yet another demo. Our Shire is putting on like 2 demos every month practically. This demo was at a festival/fair type thing in Leamington, Ontario. It was fun, considering that I would've rather gone to an event but I don't always have that choice. At one point (I for some reason recall explaining this so I'm sorry if I already posted this on the site already), I went around with our Shire's bard, Lord Devon, and the whole time he was singing. We were supposed to be advertising dancing and fighting so people would check out where we were set up... and watch dancing and fighting. At one point we kept taking over tables in the name of the name of England and once in the name of... erm... Queen Elizabeth ii. (Don't you love it how you can remember your kingdom's King and Queen but not the actual ones outside of SCA? lol)

At the demo we were supposed to change our garb every few hours to show people what kinds of clothing we wore. I forget to bring my garb, except for one dress I brought with me so my friend was going to let me wear one of her pices of garb, we were changing and some other Ladies in our shire decided it would be fun to dress me up in extremely fancy garb. It took about an hour with 2 or 3 people helping me to put it on! it was deffinitley worth it though.

Next week too I'll be going to a demo instead of an event... How I long to be at War though!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:16 pm
I went to Highland war in Atenvelt. Did anyone else?

It wasn't last weekend, though... last weekend I just went to fighters. Fun stuff.  

Courtesan Brigitte

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:10 pm
i was at pennsic this weekend and was it busy lots of oriental classes i was realyy happy with that seeing as how i am working on a japanese persona  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:29 am
This weekend I helped with another Demo. It was at a festival called the Tomato fest. It was actually quite fun. Who knew that throwing tomatoes at my shire's bard could be so much fun?  

KatAttk

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:01 pm
flames_of_emerald
This weekend I helped with another Demo. It was at a festival called the Tomato fest. It was actually quite fun. Who knew that throwing tomatoes at my shire's bard could be so much fun?
haha freezer chicken white Lord Devon yes that was fun especialy when he started to sing moose. That was the best demo I have ever gone to but my sunscreen didn't work too well I got burnt and well now putting a top over my shoulders hurts. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:21 pm
I was at the Sergeants, Yeomen, and Gallants Trials in the Barony of Lions Gate, An Tir this last weekend. It's a nice event, fairly small, and my anniversary event so of course I try to make it every year. I haven't got the link to the page about SYG handy, but my barony's website is at http://lionsgate.antir.sca.org and you can find the detailed information about them there. Essentially, the Sergeants are armoured combatants who also test in dance, heraldry, arts and sciences, games, and chivalry, among other things, to gain the rank of Sergeant. The Yeomen are the same but for archers, and Gallants are again the same but for rapier. The testing is pretty intense and, with the exception of chivalry which is discussed in a ladies meeting about the person's overall chivalry, not only at that event, takes place entirely over the course of the one weekend. It's a wonderful event and, as always, I had a wonderful time.

With the exception of being dragged out of bed around 1:30 am Saturday night for about an hour and a half because the park was on fire. xp That was downright scary.  

Arithrel
Crew

CassiusD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:42 pm
Just got back from Autumn Rose. Got my 1 handed thrusting authorized, threw spears a little, got drunk one night, slept through a storm, and talked to quite a bit. Over all it was a really good event, I would have been happier if I hadn't getten a sunburn though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 am
CassiusD
Just got back from Autumn Rose. Got my 1 handed thrusting authorized, threw spears a little, got drunk one night, slept through a storm, and talked to quite a bit. Over all it was a really good event, I would have been happier if I hadn't getten a sunburn though.

awe, i'm so jealous! i wanted to go so badly, but it turned out that i was moving this weekend (i thought they were on separate weekends...), so i was kind of stuck. mrow...  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

ajina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:28 am
I was at the Known World Rapier Academy (K-war, my dad calls it), but since it was a fencing school type thing... and I don't fence... I basically spent the whole time using a hotel computer.
Note: I only went to see my b/f... which I did, and I was very happy!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff