Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Help/Resources
Recipes <3; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Niklaunar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 pm
de.Lici.ous
Szen, those look like scones, which yes, aren't sweet. But cookies and biscuits are the same thing, and whether they are sweet or not, they come under confectionery :B

Thank you for your recipe!
You're welcome!
And I agree. It's just that in the States we are confused and call scones biscuits and biscuits cookies. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:40 pm
Bagoi
de.Lici.ous
Szen, those look like scones, which yes, aren't sweet. But cookies and biscuits are the same thing, and whether they are sweet or not, they come under confectionery :B

You're welcome!
And I agree. It's just that in the States we are confused and call scones biscuits and biscuits cookies. XD

Oooooh, I see what you mean xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:34 am
de.Lici.ous
Bagoi
de.Lici.ous

You're welcome!

Oooooh, I see what you mean xD

to us, biscuits are like baked bread for dinner..  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:35 am
My friend gave this to me a while ago and I make it all the time. It's so yummy. *_*
It's for breakfast but I make it for dinner sometimes too.

Smoked Salmon Frittata

* 8 stalks fresh asparagus
* 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 Bermuda onion
* 1/4 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
* 2 oz smoked salmon
* 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute)
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 T nonfat dry milk
* 1/4 tsp chopped fresh marjoram
* Pinch freshly ground black pepper
* sour cream (optional)
* chives (optional)

1. Boil 1" of water in a large skillet.
2. Add the asparagus and cook, uncovered, until tender-crisp.
3. Coat an ovenproof 8" skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat until hot.
4. Add the olive oil and sauté the onion until soft.
5. Add the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes.
6. Add the smoked salmon and remove from the heat.
7. Preheat the broiler.
8. Combine the eggs, water, dry milk, marjoram, and pepper.
9. Pour over the salmon mixture.
10. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 7 minutes or until the bottom is set and the top is slightly wet.
11. Place the skillet under the broiler 4"–6" from the heat source until the top of the frittata is puffed and set, 2–3 minutes.
12. Top with sour cream, marjoram, and chives, if desired.
13. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:48 pm
Oh yummmmm that sounds so good o.o
I might have to buy the ingredients today and try it out xD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:12 pm
Rocket's Japanese Party Feast

お団子 (odango)

Go to any Oriental Food store & ask for/look for rice flour. Should be in a nice little bag, with directions on the back. Follow those. If they're not in English, see below:
The instructions essentially tell you to pour the flour into a bowl, then gradually add water while mixing, until you get a papier-mache like consistency. Then, you roll the odango in the palm of your hand. Set a pot on the stove to boil your water, & then plop the odango in. Wait until they're floating on the surface, then fish them out (I use a pasta spoon), put them in a strainer, & run cold water over them.

Put 3 or more on a short bamboo skewer (available at most Oriental food stores), & serve with sauce.

お団子のみたらし (odango sauce)

*片栗粉...大匙1 Cornstarch: 1 tablespoon

*水...カップ1/2 Water: 1/2 cup

*砂糖...カップ1/2 Sugar: 1/2 cup

*醤油...大匙2 Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons

Heat everything in a small saucepan over a low heat until it thickens.

餃子 (gyouza)

*ひき肉 ground beef & pork

*キャベツ cabbage (cole slaw style; thin & white)

*ねぎ onion

こまかく きざむ Knead all of these ingredients together.

*生姜 ginger

*にんにく garlic

入れてもいいするか こまかくきざむ Add however much of this you want. I add a lot of ginger, personally, because it gives it a nice flavor, & it's healthy.

*醤油 soy sauce

*ゴマ油 sesame seed oil

出きとうに add these in, again, just measure by eye.

焼き方: Cooking instructions:

フライパンをあっくして餃子をおく。  弱火にして 水を少しかかえ ふたをする - 蒸し焼き
火がとおったら ふたをあけ 火を強くする。 ひっくりかえさないで下だけ焼く。

Add the gyouza to a lightly greased frying pan. On a low heat, add a little bit of water to steam them. Then, raise the heat for a little bit, to make the undersides crispy. Don't let them stick to the bottom of the pan though, or they'll fall apart.

三角お握り (sankaku onigiri)

Riceballs are fun & relatively easy to make. Just cook some rice (preferably short-grained rice), & let it get fluffy. Then, put a little bowl of water on the side; you'll need it to moisten your hands so the rice doesn't stick to them. Mix in rice seasoning if you like (I use the common dried bonita flake variety), then dip your hands in the water. Get a clump of rice, & squish it into your palm, keeping your fingers curled. Do this to all sides of the clump, compressing it. You should have a triangular shape. Then, get your nori (seaweed) out, & put on as much as you like, using the water to stick it to the surface of your onigiri.

Hope everyone appreciates my recipes!User Image They're always a big hit when I make them!

Edit: I don't know what food category this would go under. Maybe we need a foreign/ethnic section... <_<0

- 龍潔刀, 竜の王妃!

Queen of Dragons

Corrosive Pizza Grease

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:39 pm
Ash's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

* 4 1/2 cups flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 cups butter
* 1 1/2 cup packed down brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 2 packages vanilla pudding mix (2.4 oz)
* Chocolate Chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl mix butter and sugars until creamy and well blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Add pudding mix and mix thoroughly.
4. Slowly mix in all the flour mixture into the butter and such. Add chocolate chips, eyeballing the amount to your liking.
5. Bake until lightly browned. No grease needed on cookie sheet.

I know you can just go buy cookie dough from Pillsbury right at your local grocery store, but these cookies are so moist from the pudding mix and the flavor is to die for. Hell, come time for the Christmas party at work, I was everyone's favorite co-worker. XD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:38 am
Tenth Speed Writer
CORMBREAD MIX!?

BLASPHEMY.

1 cup buttermilk
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 egg

Pour a bit of veggie oil in the bottom of the pan. Bake for ten minutes at 500 and turn to broil until the crust is to your liking.

Don't use a self-cleaning oven.

xD

Tenth Speed Writer

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:14 pm
Thanks to everyone for their recipes <333

Rocket: What kind of meal would you serve those recipes at? Every meal is foreign to someone =)
And I've put them more into a list format, to suit the other formats of recipes already listed, do you mind? This is what I changed them to:

Quote:
Odango Sauce
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce

Heat everything in a small saucepan over a low heat until it thickens.
--submitted by Queen of Dragons

Odango
Go to any Oriental Food store & ask for/look for rice flour. Should be in a nice little bag, with directions on the back. Follow those. If they're not in English, see below:
The instructions essentially tell you to pour the flour into a bowl, then gradually add water while mixing, until you get a papier-mache like consistency. Then, you roll the odango in the palm of your hand. Set a pot on the stove to boil your water, & then plop the odango in. Wait until they're floating on the surface, then fish them out (I use a pasta spoon), put them in a strainer, & run cold water over them.

Put 3 or more on a short bamboo skewer (available at most Oriental food stores), & serve with sauce.

Gyouza
* ground beef & pork
* cabbage (cole slaw style; thin & white)
* onion
* ginger
* garlic
* soy sauce
* sesame seed oil

1. Knead ground beef, pork, cabbage and onion together.
2. Add however much ginger and garlic you want.
3. Add in soy sauce and sesame oil, measuring by eye.
4. Add the gyouza mix to a lightly greased frying pan. On a low heat, add a little bit of water to steam them. Then, raise the heat for a little bit, to make the undersides crispy. Don't let them stick to the bottom of the pan though, or they'll fall apart.

Sankaku Onigiri
* Short grain rice
* Bowl of water
* Rice seasoning
* Seaweed

Riceballs are fun & relatively easy to make. Just cook some rice (preferably short-grained rice), & let it get fluffy. Then, put a little bowl of water on the side; you'll need it to moisten your hands so the rice doesn't stick to them. Mix in rice seasoning if you like (I use the common dried bonita flake variety), then dip your hands in the water. Get a clump of rice, & squish it into your palm, keeping your fingers curled. Do this to all sides of the clump, compressing it. You should have a triangular shape. Then, get your nori (seaweed) out, & put on as much as you like, using the water to stick it to the surface of your onigiri.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:17 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Tenth Speed Writer
CORMBREAD MIX!?

BLASPHEMY.

1 cup buttermilk
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1 egg

Pour a bit of veggie oil in the bottom of the pan. Bake for ten minutes at 500 and turn to broil until the crust is to your liking.

Don't use a self-cleaning oven.

xD

BUTTERMILK?!

BLASPHEMY.

1 cup milk
2 teaspoons white vinegar

Mix until slightly curdled.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Queen of Dragons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:03 pm
User Image 蟻が恐竜に勝てると思ったのか?

Errrrrr...................I just sorta served them all together; it's mostly starch, so it makes the meal filling.

Perhaps serve them individually as side dishes to, say, beef & broccoli, or fried rice? Hope that answers your question satisfactorily.

- フリーザ様User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:07 pm
Queen of Dragons
User Image 蟻が恐竜に勝てると思ったのか?

Errrrrr...................I just sorta served them all together; it's mostly starch, so it makes the meal filling.

Perhaps serve them individually as side dishes to, say, beef & broccoli, or fried rice? Hope that answers your question satisfactorily.

- フリーザ様User Image

Alrighty, I'll put them in as sides =)  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Tendara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:20 am
Ramen Noodle Dishes! xD I found these on this slip of paper in a pack of noodles, and figured I'd type em up.

Oriental Noodle Salad

1 lb packaged coleslaw mix

Crunchy Mixture
1/4 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package Ramen noodles
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup slivered almonds

Sauce (use seasoning packet from ramen noodles)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar

1. Brown noodles, nuts and seeds in butter until lightly brown. This is.
2. the crunchy mixture. Do not overcook!
3. Mix together sauce ingredients and set a side.
4. In a large bowl mix together the cole slaw and sauce.
5. Then mix in the crunchy mixture.
6. Enjoy!

Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup

1 package Ramen noodles (chicken, oriental or pork flavor)
2 cans Swanson chicken broth
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 can water chestnuts
1 egg, beaten with fork
1 chicken breast or 1/2 cup chickens or turkey or pork (leftover)
1/2 cup bok choy or napa cabbage or celery, chopped
2 tablespoons carrots, sliced diagonally in small pieces
1 teaspoon sesame oil (can be omitted, but gives distinctive taste)
2-3 tablespoons scallions, chopped, added at the last minute

1.Takes about 20 minutes from start to table. Start 2 cups of water to boil; add chicken broth.
2. After stock boils, add the packet of seasoning supplied with Top Ramen.
3. While broth is boiling, add 1 raw chicken breast (cut in small pieces), the chopped vegetables and the raw egg.
4. The egg will cook into threads.
5. Just before serving, add the noodles and the peas, then the sesame oil and scallions.
6. Don't let soup sit around for long time because vegetables need to be a bit crunchy, cooked soft. If using leftover meat in your soup, just add at the end because it only needs to warm up again.
7. You can always add another can of chicken broth if soup is too thick or you like more broth.
8. You may vary the soup with different Chinese type vegetables available. Add some garlic and a dash of hot Chinese mustard.
9. If using strong vegetables such as broccoli, cut small and don't overcook to avoid the strong flavor.
10. Remember the noodles are already cooked and they do not need to be cooked, only to absorb the moisture from the broth, which does thicken the soup.

Ramen With Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons shoyu
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons honey
2 (3 ounce) packages Top Ramen noodles
1/3 cup shoyu or dark soy sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar, unseasoned
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons honey
1 piece konbu, about 2 inches square
1 cup frozen broccoli or mixed vegetables

1. Cut the chicken into chunks, or thin slices, depending on how you like it to look. This is easiest if the chicken is still half frozen.
2. Heat a skillet slightly. Add the first set of oil, shoyu, vinegar, garlic, and honey. Once it is warm enough that the honey melts, add the chicken. Cook over medium heat.
3. Brown chicken until it is very dark. I like mine just before it burns.
4. Once the meat starts to brown, let it cook for a while. Meanwhile, make the soup.
5. Add the second set of shoyu, vinegar, ginger, and honey to a sauce pan. Add enough water that noodles will just be covered. Heat water until the honey is mixed in completely.
6. This is when you want to adjust to taste. I find the soup is different every time. Partly because I don't measure, but partly because it depends on the honey.
7. Add the konbu (a type of seaweed) to the soup, if desired.
8. Add the frozen veggies.
9. Heat to a boil. Remove konbu.
10. Add noodles (but throw away the icky spice packet) and boil for three minutes. If the chicken isn't done, hold off on adding the noodles to the water. They'll get soggy otherwise.
11. Place noodles in two bowls with a small amount of broth. Add chicken on top. Garnish with chopped peanuts or pickled ginger.

And now for some of my OWN recipes.

Dutch Apple Pie

2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cups water
3 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Combine flour, brown sugar, butter/margarine and oats; set aside 1 cup for the topping.
2. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate; set aside.
3. For the pie filling: combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smooth, bring to a boil.
4. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
5. Remove from heat and stir in apples and vanilla.
6. Pour filling mixture into crust and top with the 1 cup crumb mixture.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Lemon Meringue Pie

1 baked pie crust*
1 3/4 cups sugar, minus 6 t. for meringue
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind (1 lemon)
2 tablespoons butter

Meringue
3 egg whites
6 tablespoons sugar

1. In microwavable bowl add sugar minus 6 Tablespoons for meringue, cornstarch, salt, water.
2. Stir and micro on high for 5 minutes till transparent stirring once.
3. Temper egg yolks by mixing a bit of hot mixture with them.
4. Add lemon juice and rind.
5. Add to hot mixture and stir.
6. Cook 3 minutes on 70% power.
7. Add butter and pour into pie crust.
8. Cool.
9. In food processor beat 3 egg whites with 6 Tablespoons of sugar adding gradually.
10. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and bake at 350 until golden.

*Homemade Pie Crust

4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 3/4 cups vegetable shortening
1 egg
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup ice water

1. In a large mixer bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Add the shortening and beat until mixture is crumbly, about 2 minutes.
3. In a small bowl beat the egg well and add the vinegar and water.
4. Pour over flour and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Form dough into 4 balls, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:21 pm
I have an eaasssyyy manicotti recipe, for those of us in college or on a budget! <3 This would, of course, be in the entrees section.

Caesar Salad makes a great side-dish to this meal, and tiramisu makes a divine dessert! I've also added an easy recipe for that, too (:

Easy Manicotti:
Oven temp: 350°
Prep time: approx. 30 minutes
Bake time: 34 minutes
1 package Manicotti noodles (12-14 should be in the package)
1 lb pork sausage (or hamburger, but the sausage gives it better flavour)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (normally, this would be one 6oz can of tomato paste and one 6oz can of tomato sauce, but I find the jarred, seasoned spaghetti sauce gives better flavour, and you don't have to worry about mixing in spices)
1 2-cup (approx. 8 oz) bag of mozzarella
15 ounces ricotta cheese, approx. 2 cups
1-2 cloves garlic
1 egg
1 regular cake pan (9x13 inch, or any size, really)

1. Mince garlic.
2. Brown sausage. Add garlic to this and set half aside.
3. Mix together other half of sausage and the jar of spaghetti sauce.
4. Mix together your cheeses, half of the sausage, and the egg. Set aside.
5. Spoon cheese and sausage mixture into manicotti noodles (optionally, you can put the mixture in a freezer bag and snip off the tip, you can squeeze the mixture in there that way, as well, and it tends to be a lot less messy)
6. Place stuffed noodles in cake pan.
7. Pour spaghetti sauce over noodles, making sure to have them covered nicely.
8. OPTIONAL: Leave a bit of mozarella out and sprinkle over the top of your manicotti
9. Bake.
Can easily be frozen and reheated later!

Easy Tiramisu
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) ladyfingers, split, divided
1/2 cup freshly brewed strong coffee (this is important) or espresso, if available
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 container Ricotta Cheese
3 cups thawed whipped topping
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

ARRANGE half of the ladyfingers on bottom of 12x8-inch dish (or any size, really. just something to hold it in). Mix coffee, 2 Tbsp. of the sugar and 1 tsp. of the vanilla; brush (or pour) half of the coffee mixture onto ladyfingers in dish.

BEAT ricotta cheese, remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently fold in whipped topping.

SPOON half of the ricotta cheese mixture over ladyfingers in dish; top with remaining ladyfingers. Brush with remaining coffee mixture; top with remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Sift cocoa over top of dessert. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator

un de plus pamplemousse

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:36 am
Teh Matthew
Ramen Noodle Dishes! xD I found these on this slip of paper in a pack of noodles, and figured I'd type em up.

Oriental Noodle Salad

1 lb packaged coleslaw mix

Crunchy Mixture
1/4 cup butter
1 (3 ounce) package Ramen noodles
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup slivered almonds

Sauce (use seasoning packet from ramen noodles)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar

1. Brown noodles, nuts and seeds in butter until lightly brown. This is.
2. the crunchy mixture. Do not overcook!
3. Mix together sauce ingredients and set a side.
4. In a large bowl mix together the cole slaw and sauce.
5. Then mix in the crunchy mixture.
6. Enjoy!

Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup

1 package Ramen noodles (chicken, oriental or pork flavor)
2 cans Swanson chicken broth
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 can water chestnuts
1 egg, beaten with fork
1 chicken breast or 1/2 cup chickens or turkey or pork (leftover)
1/2 cup bok choy or napa cabbage or celery, chopped
2 tablespoons carrots, sliced diagonally in small pieces
1 teaspoon sesame oil (can be omitted, but gives distinctive taste)
2-3 tablespoons scallions, chopped, added at the last minute

1.Takes about 20 minutes from start to table. Start 2 cups of water to boil; add chicken broth.
2. After stock boils, add the packet of seasoning supplied with Top Ramen.
3. While broth is boiling, add 1 raw chicken breast (cut in small pieces), the chopped vegetables and the raw egg.
4. The egg will cook into threads.
5. Just before serving, add the noodles and the peas, then the sesame oil and scallions.
6. Don't let soup sit around for long time because vegetables need to be a bit crunchy, cooked soft. If using leftover meat in your soup, just add at the end because it only needs to warm up again.
7. You can always add another can of chicken broth if soup is too thick or you like more broth.
8. You may vary the soup with different Chinese type vegetables available. Add some garlic and a dash of hot Chinese mustard.
9. If using strong vegetables such as broccoli, cut small and don't overcook to avoid the strong flavor.
10. Remember the noodles are already cooked and they do not need to be cooked, only to absorb the moisture from the broth, which does thicken the soup.

Ramen With Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons shoyu
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons honey
2 (3 ounce) packages Top Ramen noodles
1/3 cup shoyu or dark soy sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar, unseasoned
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 tablespoons honey
1 piece konbu, about 2 inches square
1 cup frozen broccoli or mixed vegetables

1. Cut the chicken into chunks, or thin slices, depending on how you like it to look. This is easiest if the chicken is still half frozen.
2. Heat a skillet slightly. Add the first set of oil, shoyu, vinegar, garlic, and honey. Once it is warm enough that the honey melts, add the chicken. Cook over medium heat.
3. Brown chicken until it is very dark. I like mine just before it burns.
4. Once the meat starts to brown, let it cook for a while. Meanwhile, make the soup.
5. Add the second set of shoyu, vinegar, ginger, and honey to a sauce pan. Add enough water that noodles will just be covered. Heat water until the honey is mixed in completely.
6. This is when you want to adjust to taste. I find the soup is different every time. Partly because I don't measure, but partly because it depends on the honey.
7. Add the konbu (a type of seaweed) to the soup, if desired.
8. Add the frozen veggies.
9. Heat to a boil. Remove konbu.
10. Add noodles (but throw away the icky spice packet) and boil for three minutes. If the chicken isn't done, hold off on adding the noodles to the water. They'll get soggy otherwise.
11. Place noodles in two bowls with a small amount of broth. Add chicken on top. Garnish with chopped peanuts or pickled ginger.

And now for some of my OWN recipes.

Dutch Apple Pie

2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cups water
3 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Combine flour, brown sugar, butter/margarine and oats; set aside 1 cup for the topping.
2. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate; set aside.
3. For the pie filling: combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smooth, bring to a boil.
4. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
5. Remove from heat and stir in apples and vanilla.
6. Pour filling mixture into crust and top with the 1 cup crumb mixture.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Lemon Meringue Pie

1 baked pie crust*
1 3/4 cups sugar, minus 6 t. for meringue
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups water
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind (1 lemon)
2 tablespoons butter

Meringue
3 egg whites
6 tablespoons sugar

1. In microwavable bowl add sugar minus 6 Tablespoons for meringue, cornstarch, salt, water.
2. Stir and micro on high for 5 minutes till transparent stirring once.
3. Temper egg yolks by mixing a bit of hot mixture with them.
4. Add lemon juice and rind.
5. Add to hot mixture and stir.
6. Cook 3 minutes on 70% power.
7. Add butter and pour into pie crust.
8. Cool.
9. In food processor beat 3 egg whites with 6 Tablespoons of sugar adding gradually.
10. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and bake at 350 until golden.

*Homemade Pie Crust

4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 3/4 cups vegetable shortening
1 egg
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup ice water

1. In a large mixer bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Add the shortening and beat until mixture is crumbly, about 2 minutes.
3. In a small bowl beat the egg well and add the vinegar and water.
4. Pour over flour and beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Form dough into 4 balls, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight

im not sure why you got skipped, but i added your ramen recipies to lunch and made a pie section for the rest <3;  
Help/Resources

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff