Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grani4fam1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:25 am
RoseRose
grani4fam1
RoseRose
Hmmm... you know, this guild is REALLY anti-Muslim, it seems.

It's not intentional, to be sure. Are you a Muslim?

Nope, Jewish. I just noticed it, and it took me aback how much there seemed to be.

Quote:
RoseRose
What is the reasoning behind calling the Qu'ran false and "Satan's work"?

The nature of any religion is to believe there is only one way. The reason for the existence of this guild is a discussion between Jews and Christians, who differ on their beliefs. Although we shouldn't be attacking other religions, we can't make every person from every religion who comes in here happy with our point of view. That just waters down the focus, effect and impact of the discussions here.

I guess I see that statement as an attack. Say what you don't agree with. Don't insult it. Stating you think X part of the Qu'ran is wrong is perfectly fine... I just think it's crossing the line to add an insult. Does that make sense?

Yep. heart I see your point, and you're right. If we are going to debate something, we should make sure we aren't using words that are offensive or insulting. Thanks for coming in and helping us stay on the right track.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:03 pm
grani4fam1
RoseRose
grani4fam1
RoseRose
Hmmm... you know, this guild is REALLY anti-Muslim, it seems.

It's not intentional, to be sure. Are you a Muslim?

Nope, Jewish. I just noticed it, and it took me aback how much there seemed to be.

Quote:
RoseRose
What is the reasoning behind calling the Qu'ran false and "Satan's work"?

The nature of any religion is to believe there is only one way. The reason for the existence of this guild is a discussion between Jews and Christians, who differ on their beliefs. Although we shouldn't be attacking other religions, we can't make every person from every religion who comes in here happy with our point of view. That just waters down the focus, effect and impact of the discussions here.

I guess I see that statement as an attack. Say what you don't agree with. Don't insult it. Stating you think X part of the Qu'ran is wrong is perfectly fine... I just think it's crossing the line to add an insult. Does that make sense?

Yep. heart I see your point, and you're right. If we are going to debate something, we should make sure we aren't using words that are offensive or insulting. Thanks for coming in and helping us stay on the right track.

No problem! I just enjoy healthy disagreement and discussion that doesn't dip into insult. I'm enjoying discussing various things with you.  

RoseRose

Juillet Clair

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 am
Did anyone notice that all three share very similar backbones?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 am
famusamu
ShakouMari-na
Wow, I never knew that. *nods, thinking* That's very interesting....
Yes it is interesting, any other thoughts???

Some followers of Yeshua also believe in different sorts of Day of the L-rd
scenarios/timelines, but are, of course, using the same prophetic sources.

One that is often overlooked, but that has a great amount of internal consistency Biblically is: amillennialism

User Image

It is a "latter days" view that is not tied to any particular group or denomination and it is not a "new" idea either.

But, as I said, in the face of most popular ideas that have swept the scene, especially since the Hal Lindsey book "Late Great Planet Earth" in the early 70's, it has only recently begun to reassert itself back into mainstream thought.

I don't like to argue over this kind of stuff, but I think it is important to have all REASONABLE perspectives available (not just every wind of unsound doctrine that tickles the ears), so I present this information here to further this thread.

If you are interested in a quick overview, then here is one of my favorite resources concerning amillennialism:

What is amillennialism mp3

Riddleblog (the source of the mp3 and more info)

enjoy smile
Shalom  

ZENsei

Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out