Halloween Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garb for Halloween?
  No way, that's cheating!
  It's just not a costume anymore....
  I integrate it if it works, but I never use ALL garb.
  Only as a last resort.
  Hell, why not? It's just so easy!
View Results

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:17 pm
Its what I did the last two years, but I'm in college now and I left my garb at home.... it makes me sad -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:15 pm
Hell why not? Im using my pirate garb and gear for Halloween.  

MorganOfCalafia

Lady Pole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:06 am
I always wear mine for Halloween. It's too hot to wear in the summer so I don't get a lot of other chances to wear it  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:33 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Wow!! ^.^ That looks amazing!!!

I need to figure out how to get that dead look for my 'dead bride' costume this year! crying

HUZZAH FOR RE-USING GARB!
No, not GARB ... exactly .... stare I had this really nice dress made last year for an SCA new years party ... but it was made in black (just a simple long-sleeved black dress) because black was on UBBER sale stare ... I constantly go "soo .... who died?" ... and never wore it to an SCA event again! sweatdrop But now, I'm attaching ripped-up pieces of spiderweb fabric to it for my dead bride costume this year! biggrin heart

And I bring you said re-used garb! biggrin heart
User Image
if you ignore the safty-pinned (yes, i didn't have the heart to trash my garb) pieces of cut up spider-web material, you'll see a very beauitful dress
User Image
pretty, but black! sweatdrop
User Image
which is why I stopped wearing it since everyone kept asking me "so, who died?" or "when's the funeral" etc etc >.>
User Image
(this is my fav. picture) heart

HUZZAH FOR RE-USED GARB!! heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:58 pm
purty! I like!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:52 am
Hey, I think it's pretty whether it's black or not.

Of course, black isn't the most period color, but who cares?
The dead bride costume is beautiful.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 pm
Yeah, but the funeral bit gets old fast! stare And no one seems to tire of it! rolleyes made a really nice dead bride costume though! rofl heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:27 pm
Kinda feels like cheating.

Besides, why cheat myself out of the chance to make a nifty costume? blaugh  

KariudoMegami

Derekzor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:12 pm
So... funny story. One of our fighters didn't wash his gambeson for his first seven years of fighting, and you could smell it from a distance. Hell, at least one person has passed out from getting too close to it. With this in mind, we were all shocked when one October a few years back he declared that he'd washed it. As it turned out, he and one of our other fighters were planning on wearing their armor for Halloween, and he didn't want to drive all the lady folk away.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:56 am
Derekzor
So... funny story. One of our fighters didn't wash his gambeson for his first seven years of fighting, and you could smell it from a distance. Hell, at least one person has passed out from getting too close to it. With this in mind, we were all shocked when one October a few years back he declared that he'd washed it. As it turned out, he and one of our other fighters were planning on wearing their armor for Halloween, and he didn't want to drive all the lady folk away.

lolz! rofl it's all about the incentive! 3nodding  

Naito_Mitsukai

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:57 pm
I wear my SCA garb for halloween sometimes, but yeah it just doesn't feel right out side of events sometimes its like you don't want it to lose the magic LMFAO  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:04 pm
My family is on a budget so I wear my garb so we don't have to make or buy new ones.  

Notuagin

Tchipakkan

10,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 pm
Most of us love costuming, so why would we miss an opportunity to make something different? In the SCA you can only do medieval garb, so if you want to do anything fantasy (see some jerk at an event dressed as a fairy or a vampire) you can do it right for Halloween  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 am
I don't wear my garb for Halloween, I wear it too much for it to seem costumeish. On top of that, I usually go to a party thrown by one of my scadian friends for Halloween, so it would kinda be cheating. Besides which, it's too much fun to make Halloween costumes to cheat myself of it!  

KariudoMegami

Civilian13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 am
i've done it once! but that was because we where allowed to dress up at work and i didn't have time to change after the demo we did at the mall.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff