Do you like Monty Python?
  Yes
  Doesn't everyone?
  No
View Results

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:41 pm
Sir_Catherine
Most of my friends get rather shocked when they find out I can't stand Monty Python. Whether they are my anime friends, literary friends, role playing friends, scadian friends or all of the above friends they can't believe I like the above but don't like Monty Python. As if Python and the SCA are joined at the hip. WTF? I want to know if I'm the only one out here in the SCA who doesn't like Monty Python.

I like SOOOOMMMEEE parts - but for the most part I find it hard to sit though!

Kind of like a stand-up comedy act. When it's PRETTY BAD, except for a few hallarious bits - thus why I can stand some of it.

By the way - don't anyone know what monty python video 'the knights that say ni' is from?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:43 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
By the way - don't anyone know what monty python video 'the knights that say ni' is from?
Why, it's Monty Python and the Holy Grail, of course!  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:30 pm
JewelsSparkle
Llelwyn
NI!

(I love Monty Python).

"Why are you dressed like a tiger?"
"Oh WHY? Erm well you see..."

Best skit ever!

'A tiger? In India?'

'It may have escaped from a zoo sir.'  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:35 pm
Rial k**e
If you think about it Monty Python is almost about the SCA. Its a bunch of crazy peole runing around in modernday whearing medieval armor.

Do not confuse Monty Python and the Holy Grail (or indeed Spamalot) with the whole of Monty Python. Most of Monty Python has absolutely nothing to do with the middle ages at all. There is the Holy Grail, obviously, Life of Brian, which while out of period is still ancient, and a skit about the painting of the Last Supper. That's pretty much it for history gags. Sorry.  

[Atropa Belladonna]

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:35 pm
I love the songs of Monty Python. The Universe Song has got to be my favorite, closely followed by "You Won't Succeed on Broadway" and "I bet you they won't play this song on the radio"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:14 pm
[Atropa Belladonna]
I love the songs of Monty Python. The Universe Song has got to be my favorite, closely followed by "You Won't Succeed on Broadway" and "I bet you they won't play this song on the radio"
I've never heard "I bet they won't play this song on the radio". It must have come out after the Monty Python Sings album. NOOO! Music out there I don't have!! *overdramatics*  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

TheSteven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 pm
[Atropa Belladonna]

I'm a personal fan of 'isn't it awfully nice to have a p***s?' myself. Or Eric the Half a Bee  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:32 pm
"Your arm's off"
"No, it isn't"
"Yes, it is"
"No it isn't"
"Then, what's that?"
"It's just a flesh wound."  

Zero_Monster

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff