Reply 21+
so, i was arrested last night... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Endria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:05 pm
*whew* I'm glad everything worked out for the most part. How weak is that? It makes me mad, sad and disgusted when I hear about date rape drugs.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Endria
*whew* I'm glad everything worked out for the most part. How weak is that? It makes me mad, sad and disgusted when I hear about date rape drugs.

That pretty much sums it up for me too. Well said.  

Doressa
Captain

SydneySkye
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:36 pm
I am so glad the charges were dropped. Respect is good, can keep you out of trouble. I feel for what happened to you but as you said, you probably saved someone else from getting hurt or raped.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:51 pm
Glad to hear things turned out for the best. Unfortunately this is becoming way too common. I should be more careful myself. I tend to drink where I'm staying or at a friends but go out often enough. In the military, its obviously not your fault but that doesn't matter. Zero tolerance for drugs means you're getting screwed.  

Archangel Lionheart

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:36 pm
I was at a party recently where there were girls running around giving out these little things that you put on top of your drink (assuming you were drinking from a bottle) that covered it completely so that no one could spike it, and you drank from that. I thought it was a really good idea! it was a promotion for a new drink.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:36 am
Doressa
I was at a party recently where there were girls running around giving out these little things that you put on top of your drink (assuming you were drinking from a bottle) that covered it completely so that no one could spike it, and you drank from that. I thought it was a really good idea! it was a promotion for a new drink.

That's pretty interesting. Things like that should be way more common.
Scary stuff happens. I just wish it was easier for innocent people to avoid it.

LilBitNekoKiwi

Party Enabler

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:28 pm
I agree! They were great little things! I think they should sell them at bars and bottle shops....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:29 pm
Still doesn't help with mixed drinks though. What really needs to happen is people need to be educated to watch their drinks. Though I have a feeling most of them have heard it and just don't take it seriously. neutral  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:39 am
You're right, everyone thinks it won't happen to them. When my drink was spiked, it was because a guy bought a bottle of Moet & Chandon for my friend and I. We had repeatedly said no to him buying us a drink, but then when he spent that much money, we felt obliged to drink it, and obviously he put it straight into the bottle.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:11 am
Pirate Dirge
Still doesn't help with mixed drinks though. What really needs to happen is people need to be educated to watch their drinks. Though I have a feeling most of them have heard it and just don't take it seriously. neutral

One video they like to show at indoc classes in the Navy is a public service announcement demonstrating how fast and unnoticed it can be to slip something in a drink. Outside of a cover like Doressa mentioned, its still a matter of the violators skill.  

Archangel Lionheart

sara-ane

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:14 pm
I'm very glad to hear that they dropped the charges. That is why I only drink in a friends home (aside from the fact that I teach kids and they wouldn't get it...) and the ONE time I went to a bar HELD my drink until I finished it.
Ladies, (and gentlemen) it is very, very important that in this day and age you NOT leave your drink even for a minute. I myself am still a virgin (by choice thanks,) and would be devistated if I lost my virginity and possibly caught a deadly disease to some horrible creep. The few times I have gone to a questionable place I have remained very vigilant and was even dubbed 'drink watcher' at the club. After I finished my drink I went and danced. Clubs can and should be fun but some creeps are making them dangerous. Keep a look out for girls that may have been given the drug. If you see a girl being led/dragged out of a bar that is barely on her feet, whether you know her or not, draw some attention to the group. Make some noise. You may save a life.

Yes I'm a softy. 4laugh  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces