Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Writers Block! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  =3
View Results

Setsuna Rainrix

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:42 pm
frostburnedlily
Starlit-Chan
Relax

Thats one of the best things. Get comfy, settling down with a nice drink and a snack. Put on some of your fave tunes in the bg and make sure you are alone in your place of inspiration

When you are relaxed, calmly start writing razz

Thats what I do (unless its a poem about depression)

. . . . I relax in water. . .that's a little difficult heh sweatdrop

Stephen King once wrote that most of his ideas came when he was taking a shower. . .  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:16 pm
Ya, I get writers block too, but when I take a bath and drink some hot chocolate, I'm ready to write. But I think of the scene where people die. I know, I'm evil. twisted

Note From Pup: Warning two. You need to be able to spell to be in this guild. You also need to know good grammar. If I have to keep editing your grammar and spelling in your posts, you will be removed from the guild. Thank you.  

catnapgood

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Princess Platinum Viana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:00 pm
Well, I usually write about long term or short term things going around in my life at the time I feel like writing. I usually write my poems around 12:00 am, when every one is asleep, the moon is up, and the internet is at my disposal. (Do not try this if you need sleep like a normal person, unlike me. rolleyes ) Then I write about things like The moon, black & white, Venus, The Sun, Stars, me, some random person I met on the internet; Just relax and do it in a comfy envirment, is basicly what I had to waste a whole paragragh saying. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Got to hate writers block. It's even worse when you have an idea or know what you want to write, but just can't find a way to put it in words (I don't know if this makes sense to any else or not)
Whenever I can't think of what to write, I try to not think too much about it. Stressing yourself out about it, or trying to force yourself won't do you too much good.
What I suggest is just relaxing. Listen to some music, maybe read a book you like, or have been meaning to read. Or maybe take a nice walk, or meditate. Sometimes looking at pictures help too.  

Me-Chan916

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:45 pm
Yeah. The main idea is to not stress anything out. When I get too stressed out about my writing, I tend to want to burn it all. Relaxing is definitely the main idea that everyone is trying to get past. It you overthink anything, you'll drive yourself crazy.

I recently found a new release to writing and that's roleplaying. I've been joining a lot of them lately. It takes away the urge for when I need to write.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:03 pm
wow lol I get that problem too sweatdrop ... basically what I do is save the story and think of what to do with it later... I get bored with my writing sometimes and then move onto a new story, so waiting for new ideas to come saves me from forcing out crappy ideas that I hate later  

amusedwriter

7,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

iLazyConscience

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:41 pm
here, try this:
sit down on a COMFORTABLE chair and get a piece of paper and a pencil that your hand is used to/comfortable with. Then get a warm drink and maybe a snack. Listen to sooting music or your favorite music, whether it be orchestral or punk rock. Close your eyes and think. Jot down ideas that you get and when you think you have enough, choose the best one. Do the step over, but start writing your story instead of finding ideas. This normally works for me, so if it doesn't work for you then you're abnormal. xd haha. just kidding. But, yes this works most of the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:20 am
Something most people do not really see a lot is the ole voice recorder...
Often the best idea that someone gets is when they can not write or just waking up and too tired to write. Also if writer's block occurs the voice recorder can just be there when you are thinking of the story at hand. Otherwise always bring a small pad and pen. wink  

Orchids of Apocalypse

Onikara Nightshade

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:35 am
Yep, stress is the worst enemy of the creative. I get writer's block all the time. I just can't think of how to put ideas on paper sometimes, or the ideas just won't come. I sometimes enjoy doing those "Stream of Conciousness" things. Just write down what comes to mind. Of course with me it's usually mindless disconnected things mainly about fish or something. But it mellows me out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:39 pm
Just writing.
Writing helps get out any ideas.
Even if you're writing about what happened during the day, or what you would've liked to do, that can evolve into ideas.  

Held In Focus

Acoustic Downfall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:56 pm
In English 101, we'd have to write a journal entry every day at the beginning of class.

The teacher gave us a tip on what to do if we got stuck halfway through writing. (She didn't want us to stop until she told us to stop.)

She said to just keep writing the last word you wrote over and over again and eventually you'd pick up where you left off.

Believe it or not, it worked.

The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces