I love it!
  Not at all.
  It's just something I do.
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:06 pm
Let me know how your roast turns out.

I got nervous because I wasn't using a recipe, so I made something with lamb shanks instead, and it was delicious!! Perhaps I should post the recipe! I'll get to the roast eventually....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:38 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Doressa
Captain

Ishimaru_Taiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:29 pm
Wow, That does sound good ...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:31 pm
It was!! I put a couple of carrots and potatoes in there as well...  

Doressa
Captain

SydneySkye
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:31 am

Pan Broiled Steaks
Servings: 2

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, or rendered fresh beef suet, more if needed
* 2 to 2 1/2 pounds steak, 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick
* Salt and pepper
* 1/2 cup stock, canned beef bouillon, red wine, dry white wine, dry white vermouth or water
* 2 to 3 tablespoons softened butter

Equipment:
* One or two heavy skillets just large enough to hold the meat easily in one layer
* A hot platter

Directions:

Trim off excess fat from steak. Cut small incisions around the circumference of the steak wherever there is a layer of gristle, usually between the fat and the meat. This will prevent the steak from curling as it cooks. Dry the steak thoroughly on paper towels. It will not brown if it is moist.

Put the butter and oil, or beef suet, in the skillet and place over moderately high heat until you see the butter foam begin to subside, or the beef fat is almost smoking; this indicates the fat is hot enough to sear the meat. Saute the steak on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, and regulate the heat so the fat is always very hot but is not burning. Turn the steak and saute the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. The steak is done to medium-rare the moment you observe a little pearling of red juice beginning to ooze at the surface of the steak. Another test is to press the steak with your finger; it is medium-rare when it just begins to take on a suggestion of resistance and spring in contrast to its soft raw state. If you have any doubts at all, cut a small incision in the steak.

Remove the steak to a hot platter and season it quickly with salt and pepper. Keep warm for a moment while completing the sauce.

Pour the fat out of the skillet. Add the liquid, and set the skillet over high heat. Scrape up coagulated juices with a wooden spoon while rapidly boiling down the liquid until it is reduced almost to a syrup. Off heat, swirl the butter into the liquid until it is absorbed; the butter will thicken the liquid into a light sauce. Pour the sauce over the steak and serve.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:27 am
Sounds yummy!! Although I'll need to get out my US/Australian english dictionary! Our cooking terms are quite different!  

Doressa
Captain

LadyCalliope

Mythical Huntress

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:34 pm
Here's something for the slow cooker. If you're really busy you can get liners for the cooker now and have next to no clean up as well.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

I add carrots, potatos at the beginning and frozen peas about 5 minutes before I put the dumplings in.

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

This is an awesome pork roast. It makes great sandwiches the next day.

Tangy Slow Cooker Pork Roast

1 large onion, sliced
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1 cup hot water
1/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste

1. Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of the onion. In a bowl, mix together water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and hot sauce; pour over roast.

2. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:40 pm
Thanks for those! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for those liners, they sound awesome!

I've got something in my cooker at the moment, but I'm a bit dubious about how it's going to turn out. If it's any good I'll post it here.

Doressa
Captain

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:47 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:49 am
Oh yeah forgot the minced fresh garlic ... where was my mind !!!!

cool  

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SydneySkye
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:37 am
Shrimp with Basil Citrus Powder

Servings: 6 as a first course, 4 as a main course

Ingredients:

* 3 tablespoons Citrus Powder (recipe follows)
* 2 medium lemons
* 2 medium limes
* 2 large oranges
* 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 cups mixed greens and soft herbs, washed and dried

Citrus Powder (makes 3/4 cup):

* Zest of 6 lemons
* Zest of 9 limes
* Zest of 3 oranges
* 1 tablespoon superfine sugar

Directions:

Citrus Powder
Zest fruit with a Microplane or small grater. Spread zest out on a paper towel and dry at room temperature for about 2 to 3 hours or until completely dry.

Place the dried zest in a spice grinder with the sugar and pulse until powdery. Remove and keep in a small airtight container. This will keep for 2 to 3 weeks. As time passes, so does the flavor, so taste before using.

Shrimp
Juice one of each of the lemons, limes and oranges in a medium bowl. Add the garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and salt, and whisk until combined. Remove 3 tablespoons for the salad dressing and reserve in a jar. Add the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the Citrus Powder and the basil leaves in a small bowl. Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over a high flame until almost smoking. Cook the shrimp until they are curled and pink, about 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with the Citrus Powder and basil mixture; set aside.

Toss the baby greens and herbs with the reserved dressing. Cut the remaining citrus into thick slices, varying in size. Layer the tray with the greens and herbs, then the orange, lime and lemon slices, and finally the shrimp (arranged randomly on top of slices). Place the platter in the center of the table and encourage guests to sample the shrimp, fruit and salad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:23 pm
Infernus Angelus
One good recipe I invented for the summer ... hungry stomachs watch out it DELICIOUS:

Smoked salmon from Ireland (less fat)
Avocados
Lime
Coco Juice
Ginger powder
Setchuan pepper
Salt of "Guerande" (special from French Brittany)
"Ciboulette" don't know the name for that in English

Very simple :

A big plate
cut piece of salmon the size you like
cut part of avocados in small quarters
Place them alternatively salmon, avocado, salmon ... and so on

add the lime on it, the ginger powder, the pepper, the salt, the coco juice(not too much mind you) and the ciboulette

Then fridge for 1 hour (must be quite cold) let everything marinate ...

then serve as an aperitif with a glass of very cold Champagne Ros� (sort of pink champagne) ... let me tell you it is a killer !!!!!!

Usually very simple recipies are the best ... don't be too elaborate it enjoy ... when you cook for some-one you have the power !!!

rolleyes

YUM!!  

Doressa
Captain

Yungharri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:03 am
Looking at these recipes, I'm glad I am not a vegaian ^__^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:00 pm
HAHA this guild is the BEST!! I've looked over the recipes that have been posted and WILL be trying a few of them for sure. Now it would a CRIME if I did not share my recipe for THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!! So here it is...hope some of you try it and enjoy it as much as me and my family do!!

~*~BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER~*~
Pre-heat Oven to 350

1 Cube Margarine

1/2 Cup Shortning

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

~*~Cream Together Above Then Add~*~

2 Eggs

1 tea. Vanilla

~*~Mix Well Then Add~*~

2 1/4 Cups Flour

1 tea. salt

1 tea. soda

~*~Mix Well Then Add~*~

2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips (works best) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nuts if desired

~*~Mix Well~*~
Spoon out heaping Tablespoon 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
Put in 350 degree oven for 12 mins.

CattiBrieann

miiyukki

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:42 pm
I cook vegetarian, so many of my recipes will
probably fall of deaf ears here, it seems.  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff