CLAMP messages Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi_Xandra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:02 am
Ravenwolf
~At the beginning of Angelic Layer (2 & up, I think), they have a newspaper page that has articles about other mangas.

I sat there and read all the articles. They mentioned several other series, mostly Magic Knight Rayearth. I think I remember CCD and Chobits references, though.

Quote:
~Half of Tsubasa's characters are from other mangas: Sakura, Syoaran, Tomoyo, Mokona, Yuki, Sorata & Arashi (I think) et cetera.

There's also Chi, Yuzuriha, Seishirou, The nurse angel from Angelic Layer, Kusanagi, Karen, Chun Hyang, Watanuki and Yuko (of course), Nokoru, Suoh, and Akira, Sanyun, Princess Emeraude, Touya, Clow, Sakura's father (I think his nameis Fujitaka or something), Shougo ((From the X movie) I think, he looks like the Shogo we see in volumes 1-2), Miyuki-chan, Primela, the three sprits from MKR, And that little girl from Angelic Layer (I forget her name). I also think the King Ashura that Fai serves might be the King Ashura from RG Veda.

I'm hard pressed to say one of the guys in a town looked like Tenchi and one of the toys looked an awful lot like Kuroneko. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:08 pm
Ravenwolf
Dunno if these have been mentioned, but:

~At the beginning of Angelic Layer (2 & up, I think), they have a newspaper page that has articles about other mangas.
~Hikaru from Angelic Layer is named after Magic Knight Rayearth's Hikaru.
~Half of Tsubasa's characters are from other mangas: Sakura, Syoaran, Tomoyo, Mokona, Yuki, Sorata & Arashi (I think) et cetera.

And the Hikaru from Angelic Layer also looks like Magic Knight Rayearth's Hikaru.  

Thak

Dapper Duck

Zagato-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:34 pm
Tokyo Babylon takes place just before X starts, charactors snuck in.
Angelic layer takes place directly before Chobits, infact
spoiler
The creater of Elda and Freya is the same man who helped Misaki from layer, Ichan)
XxXholic and Tsubasa take place at the same time, the first book(possibly more, havn't read past book 1) is nearly the same story, told from 2 different areas.

And Mokona is snuck in EVERYWHERE. i'm surprised Kero wasn't a mokona...o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:16 pm
I've seen Mokona everywhere, too.
Even on the diapers Kakei-san holds in the first volume of Legal Drug. Or was it Rikuo? confused  

Dorii

PowderedVinegar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:30 pm
clamp is all about the cross over. after all, there one of the few manga circles that started off doing doujinshi anbd become successful manga artists, and they're female no less. in japan, thats a huge accomplishment.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:20 pm
Chibi_Xandra
Ravenwolf

I sat there and read all the articles. They mentioned several other series, mostly Magic Knight Rayearth. I think I remember CCD and Chobits references, though.

Quote:

There's also Chi, Yuzuriha, Seishirou, The nurse angel from Angelic Layer, Kusanagi, Karen, Chun Hyang, Watanuki and Yuko (of course), Nokoru, Suoh, and Akira, Sanyun, Princess Emeraude, Touya, Clow, Sakura's father (I think his nameis Fujitaka or something), Shougo ((From the X movie) I think, he looks like the Shogo we see in volumes 1-2), Miyuki-chan, Primela, the three sprits from MKR, And that little girl from Angelic Layer (I forget her name). I also think the King Ashura that Fai serves might be the King Ashura from RG Veda.

I'm hard pressed to say one of the guys in a town looked like Tenchi and one of the toys looked an awful lot like Kuroneko. ^_^

the crossovers ive seen(some were already mention, but ill post them up anyways...):
miyuki chi mokona ashura yasha touya tamayo(thats the girl from AL) yuko watanuki clow fujitaka seishiro ryuoh erii nokuru souh primela tomoyo shougo rayearth celes windom masayoshi chun hyang ringo wall mae deminair akira emeraude minorus persocoms blanque yuzuriha kusanagi takeshi kentaro cauldina oruha souh and akiras girlfriends those two from suki the kitties from "the fairies are watching", kuotarbou umis parents chanan misaki ohjiro chitose sohma inuki.
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan

Chii_Asakura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~ Let me be with you ~ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Of course, this is CLAMP... they were sneaking in these things before they did a final thing-- Tsubasa and xxxholic.

In CLAMP's world, everything fit like a puzzle... Angelic Layer is a game (in a sense of way), that's why Kero plays it in Cardcaptor Sakura. Remember the God's messenger usagi? Well, he appears in Miyuki-chan in Wonderland as well, they repeat in their creation and blend them in with others. It's just something fun and in order to get their reference, one must read other CLAMP titles xD Other words, read our other titles!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~ Let me be your angel ~ User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:50 pm
Hmm. Well obviously Tsubasa is a big crossover manga. biggrin

And also, the first volume of XXXholic references the twins (the TB ones, not the Chobit ones)  

blackwhiteandsilver

Kaname Kyoto

Handsome Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:23 pm
Zagato-chan
Tokyo Babylon takes place just before X starts, charactors snuck in.
Angelic layer takes place directly before Chobits, infact
spoiler
The creater of Elda and Freya is the same man who helped Misaki from layer, Ichan)
XxXholic and Tsubasa take place at the same time, the first book(possibly more, havn't read past book 1) is nearly the same story, told from 2 different areas.

And Mokona is snuck in EVERYWHERE. i'm surprised Kero wasn't a mokona...o.o

Spoiler for those who haven't read Chobits or Angelic Layer. Mr.Icchan was also the creator of both Persocon and Angel dolls. And there waas also the Duklyon Cafe, named after CLAMP School Defenders Duklyon.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 pm
Yeah, crossovers are found everywhere in CLAMP manga. In early years, they were just little fun teasers that are thrown in to entertain the readers, but later on (especially in their newer works, Tsubasa and xxxHolic), I think they overdid it just a tad bit. It begins to seem less like a fanservice thing and more like a marketing strategy... Of course, this is only my opinion.  

Endless-Labyrinth

~Chieri-chan~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:57 am
CLAMP is all about the crossovers XD
i read this interview of them once... they said that Tsubasa and HOLiC were created to tie all their works together, yet still stand alone as an original work. and also, they said that in the past, they wanted that there be a character that knows everything that goes on in all the worlds (meaning, all the different settings of their mangas) and this characters, is none other than.... Ichihara Yuko-san! Witch of Dimensions XD

and oh yeah, if you guys noticed, Clow appears in almost every manga that Sakura and Syaoran appear in... in Tsubasa, Clow is Sakura's father... and in CCS, well, he created the cards (duh), and in xxxHOLiC, he's Yuko's friend (which she called "the creep with glasses"... and Saku and Syao did come to Yuko's world, right? hehehe)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:17 pm
has anyone follow the clamp radio shows?  

Mizu_no_Tsubasa

Blessed Shapeshifter

11,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

uNDERoATH13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:15 pm
Arcangel Moon
Plenty! CLAMP is practically all about the multi-verse, they're works all cross over somehow. There's tie-ins into all of the works if you look hard enough.

3nodding In ALL of them. I noticed a few in each at first, then, while re-reading I started counting them! There are at least...three refrences in each! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:29 am
The creative thing about Clamp is that they take other works they have done and put them together into other stories. Angelic Layer and Chobits connect to the same story, same with Tokyo Babalyon and X/1999. Tsubasa is a story that takes many of Clamps characters and puts them together for one whole story. Their works all connect one way or another for making more of their creative work, which is on reason i love their work.  

Redwing~Shadow

AniMahler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:32 pm
The more of CLAMP I read, the more connections I find! biggrin It makes them much more interesting than other artists.  
The CLAMP Lovers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff