Reply Dead/Old/Zombie threads
Was there a point to this episode? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I_LUV_FALL OUT BOY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:56 pm
i watched it becuz Ive missed an episode or two so i watched the last half hour of it. The first half hour i was staring into space.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:15 am
Why does this show's episodes take so long to tape?
Other series manage to come up with a new episode every week. The only other show I remember having a problem with was Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital, which I eventually just stopped watching until the DVD's came out.

Is there something about how the show is filmed, or the locale, or whatever, that makes it so hard to come up with a new show every week?

Wednesday is the only day I demand the TV for myself (it;s my only "me" time) , and I watch the show with a couple of other people who also schedule around it so we can watch it together, so it's frustrating to find out that the show isn't on, or is just a recap.  

evabh

Desdemona Winchcombe

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:56 am
I didn't mind the recap beyond the frustration of it not being a new episode. I mean, what's the harm? They're just putting all of the pieces in place to ensure we don't miss anything. It's not an insult to our intelligence - not everyone is a hardcore fan and got to watch every episode. rolleyes It's nothing to get all snippy over.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:04 am
evabh
Why does this show's episodes take so long to tape?
Other series manage to come up with a new episode every week. The only other show I remember having a problem with was Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital, which I eventually just stopped watching until the DVD's came out.

Is there something about how the show is filmed, or the locale, or whatever, that makes it so hard to come up with a new show every week?

Wednesday is the only day I demand the TV for myself (it;s my only "me" time) , and I watch the show with a couple of other people who also schedule around it so we can watch it together, so it's frustrating to find out that the show isn't on, or is just a recap.

What are you talking about? Most shows take the same amount of time to film. Not ONE of the shows I watch manages to get new episodes every single week. The only show I can even think of that did anything near that is 24, which started midway through the season. So they were totally filming episodes at the same rate, the only difference is that they didn't start AIRING them until they could air them straight through. What other shows do you watch that do it?

Plus, they ARE filming in Hawaii, and they do a lot of outside stuff. The weather doesn't always cooperate.

Not to mention the fact that you can look ahead of today on the internet and generally find out if it's a new episode or not.  

Tsunuffy

Lost Obsessed

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:51 am
Quote:
but Charlie (Dominic) said the problem is it takes longer to make a episode then it does to watch, what i mean is we catch up to the show pretty fast so they need recaps and reruns to stay ahead. rolleyes

yea, he said it takes like 10-11 days to film an episode and it only takes a week for them to come out. Still, it seems like they get real flakey with their episodes. But, oh well, you know and they know, we will still watch for new episodes.  
Dead/Old/Zombie threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff