Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ MUSIC
AMVs/GMVs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 pm
puppylove713
I am still using the same computer I was four years ago, so I can still do it. I may just do it if I can decide on a song and an anime to go with it... So many decisions... What did you think of those two videos anyway? Those were the final two I ever did so those are the best I had to offer and as you know, it took a long time to polish my skills to that point... I bet whatever I make now would pretty bad in comparison since it has been at least four years since I have done any...

I wish I could say that...
Personally, I'd say just watch anime or listen to music and if anything seems to click with either in your head, try it.

I'd definitely say they were pretty good, the first one more than the second.
That said, if I were to criticize, I don't particularly care for Air TV, so I was reluctant to hit play. That said it did mesh together really well for the most part.

As for the other one, at this point in time the song's been done to death, but ignoring that since it is 4 years old I'd say it's decent. The clips and music don't keep tempo and some spots seem a little disconnected? but overall it works.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:09 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713
I am still using the same computer I was four years ago, so I can still do it. I may just do it if I can decide on a song and an anime to go with it... So many decisions... What did you think of those two videos anyway? Those were the final two I ever did so those are the best I had to offer and as you know, it took a long time to polish my skills to that point... I bet whatever I make now would pretty bad in comparison since it has been at least four years since I have done any...

I wish I could say that...
Personally, I'd say just watch anime or listen to music and if anything seems to click with either in your head, try it.

I'd definitely say they were pretty good, the first one more than the second.
That said, if I were to criticize, I don't particularly care for Air TV, so I was reluctant to hit play. That said it did mesh together really well for the most part.

As for the other one, at this point in time the song's been done to death, but ignoring that since it is 4 years old I'd say it's decent. The clips and music don't keep tempo and some spots seem a little disconnected? but overall it works.
Well, I can't help that you don't care for the anime choice for the first one seeing as not everybody likes the same thing. But I did say that the first one posted was the very last one I ever made, so yeah, I was able to fix the whole timing issue thing that the second one had... Anyway, I could try to make a video for you if you have any songs or anime you want me to try. I may have some ideas for what I can do for some of my own. Doing AMVs kind of feels like doing a fictional story using clips and music instead of words and a blank word document....  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:23 pm
puppylove713
Well, I can't help that you don't care for the anime choice for the first one seeing as not everybody likes the same thing. But I did say that the first one posted was the very last one I ever made, so yeah, I was able to fix the whole timing issue thing that the second one had... Anyway, I could try to make a video for you if you have any songs or anime you want me to try. I may have some ideas for what I can do for some of my own. Doing AMVs kind of feels like doing a fictional story using clips and music instead of words and a blank word document....

True. That is a major dealmaker/breaker for making videos.
You could definitely see the progression.

I've had quite a few ideas honestly...though I've more or less forgotten a large portion of them since they're generally flyby thoughts anymore given I can't do anything with them.
The last one I recall having was with the song Anchor by skillet and the series Azur Lane.

Quote:
Doing AMVs kind of feels like doing a fictional story using clips and music instead of words and a blank word document....

This. This right here! I wish there were more people that understood this!
In my honest opinion this is how some of the most enjoyable ones are made.
It's not just slapping music with scenes, its telling a story. It's choreographing a dance. It has to have a rhythm. A flow. It meshes what you're seeing and hearing. Aaaahhhh! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:30 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

True. That is a major dealmaker/breaker for making videos.
You could definitely see the progression.

I've had quite a few ideas honestly...though I've more or less forgotten a large portion of them since they're generally flyby thoughts anymore given I can't do anything with them.
The last one I recall having was with the song Anchor by skillet and the series Azur Lane.

Quote:
Doing AMVs kind of feels like doing a fictional story using clips and music instead of words and a blank word document....

This. This right here! I wish there were more people that understood this!
In my honest opinion this is how some of the most enjoyable ones are made.
It's not just slapping music with scenes, its telling a story. It's choreographing a dance. It has to have a rhythm. A flow. It meshes what you're seeing and hearing. Aaaahhhh! scream
Hmm, I have no idea what that Azur Lane anime is, but I think I have heard of the song... I think I will take a break from my fiction writing and video games and try to make another AMV... I hope I'm not too rusty...

Lol, I had no idea that you felt so strongly on that. I was just saying what I think and feel about them. Being a person who likes to write fiction I was able to see a connection between the two. Not everybody can though.  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:21 pm
puppylove713
Hmm, I have no idea what that Azur Lane anime is, but I think I have heard of the song... I think I will take a break from my fiction writing and video games and try to make another AMV... I hope I'm not too rusty...

Lol, I had no idea that you felt so strongly on that. I was just saying what I think and feel about them. Being a person who likes to write fiction I was able to see a connection between the two. Not everybody can though.

Audible gasp! Nah, that's fine it was a hit or miss in terms of popularity...and it's based off a phone game...kinda…

Honestly, I've had a rather strong opinion on them since I had actually gotten more into making them. And after I started this thread and would fish around for videos I began to see WAY TOO MANY videos that are really poorly done, in the sense of here is song, here is video....that's it, no connection whatsoever.
Or you can find ones that start off really strong, but then they just kinda drop it toward the end or a little after the start and It has genuinely been bugging me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:03 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

Audible gasp! Nah, that's fine it was a hit or miss in terms of popularity...and it's based off a phone game...kinda…

Honestly, I've had a rather strong opinion on them since I had actually gotten more into making them. And after I started this thread and would fish around for videos I began to see WAY TOO MANY videos that are really poorly done, in the sense of here is song, here is video....that's it, no connection whatsoever.
Or you can find ones that start off really strong, but then they just kinda drop it toward the end or a little after the start and It has genuinely been bugging me.
I haven't really watched any AMVs in a while so I don't know just how bad they are. I suppose I could watch some and see for myself.  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:45 pm
puppylove713
I haven't really watched any AMVs in a while so I don't know just how bad they are. I suppose I could watch some and see for myself.

It's possible I'm just too picky...or am just finding bad ones...
It's also a good way to find ideas, be it music, series or just a case of...it was a nice idea, but I'd prefer....  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:47 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

It's possible I'm just too picky...or am just finding bad ones...
It's also a good way to find ideas, be it music, series or just a case of...it was a nice idea, but I'd prefer....
Lol, funny how I was thinking the same thing about watching AMVs to get ideas. I have a few songs I'm thinking about trying, but I need ideas for anime to go with them. I will search youtube and see what others have done with the songs if anything.  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:46 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

puppylove713

Animal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:47 pm
Well, here is my newest creation. This is the first one I have created in four years and to make things worse I have not touched that video editing software in four years either. I'm surprised I remembered what and where everything was and just how well this turned out. Much better than I expected and could have hoped for... I'm currently working on a second one, but it isn't coming out quite as well as this one did. I think it may be the comparability between the song and anime. They are compatible, but not as well as these two were.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:00 am
Here is one that I didn't create but I really liked. Figured I would share it.

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:00 pm
puppylove713
Well, here is my newest creation. This is the first one I have created in four years and to make things worse I have not touched that video editing software in four years either. I'm surprised I remembered what and where everything was and just how well this turned out. Much better than I expected and could have hoped for... I'm currently working on a second one, but it isn't coming out quite as well as this one did. I think it may be the comparability between the song and anime. They are compatible, but not as well as these two were.

I like this. That said, How dare you make me feel feels!
I don't even know the context of the actual series, but just from the music and clips and how nicely paced they are, My feels have been wounded.

What are you working with?

And then you share another video that also creates feels. One that I actually do know the context behind.
Nice find.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:11 pm
Zero the Crimson
puppylove713

I like this. That said, How dare you make me feel feels!
I don't even know the context of the actual series, but just from the music and clips and how nicely paced they are, My feels have been wounded.

What are you working with?

And then you share another video that also creates feels. One that I actually do know the context behind.
Nice find.
Well, to be honest, some of those scenes were completely out of context (meaning in the anime they were used for a totally different reason) with the song, but they look like they fit well. But overall, the story behind the anime and game it was based off of is kind of sad (in my opinion anyway). But yeah, I wasn't intending to make it seem so sad, but I suppose it wasn't avoidable seeing as what the songs meaning is...

I'm currently trying to use the song Start of Something Good by Daughtry with the anime Ancient Magus Bride. It is working, but it is harder to pull this one together for some reason. I have other ideas floating around in my head too and for some reason, that suggestion you made with Skillet's Anchor and Azur Lane seems interesting. However, I would need to watch the anime before doing that to get a better sense of things... I also want to edit and fix those older videos of mine. My skills have come a long way and many of them are eyesores...

I just happened to stumble upon that one last night and figured I'd share it. I didn't even realize that I posted to videos that hit the feels like that and I didn't even mean to...  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:48 pm
puppylove713
Well, to be honest, some of those scenes were completely out of context (meaning in the anime they were used for a totally different reason) with the song, but they look like they fit well. But overall, the story behind the anime and game it was based off of is kind of sad (in my opinion anyway). But yeah, I wasn't intending to make it seem so sad, but I suppose it wasn't avoidable seeing as what the songs meaning is...

I'm currently trying to use the song Start of Something Good by Daughtry with the anime Ancient Magus Bride. It is working, but it is harder to pull this one together for some reason. I have other ideas floating around in my head too and for some reason, that suggestion you made with Skillet's Anchor and Azur Lane seems interesting. However, I would need to watch the anime before doing that to get a better sense of things... I also want to edit and fix those older videos of mine. My skills have come a long way and many of them are eyesores...

I just happened to stumble upon that one last night and figured I'd share it. I didn't even realize that I posted to videos that hit the feels like that and I didn't even mean to...

That's one of the "Tales" series isn't it?

I could definitely see those 2 going together pretty well.
I've honestly been trying to find another movie maker I could work with, because I keep getting random ideas when listening to music, but sadly nothing I've found really works for me.....Probably because I'm dead set on something similar to the one I used to use.
You might find the idea interesting, or you might just think I'm weird. Either way I personally see it working together.
I also keep finding different songs I wanna put with The Rising of the Shield Hero, but I'm bias toward that series so a lot of things make me wanna use that.

Well, the song on it's own is a pretty good feel trip, add to that the HunterXHunter story and it just adds to it.  
☆ MUSIC

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff