Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Etoile Housing District
1103: Ceres Calisto Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:54 pm
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After the first hug, Ceres could feel how tense he was. Her excitement over the flame practically made her forget how he was treated by his ex-wives, so of course he'd have some paranoia with certain interactions. " Oh! Sorry, about that... I got so excited that I forgot how to act... " She chuckled a bit nervously before her attention went back to the flame that he had stuck into the unlit candle. After physically handling the fire, she started to run other ideas in her little mind of hers. Almost like a curious animal, she gave the flame a few sniffs before she scurried into her fridge. Ceres almost felt like a mad scientist that was running a couple experiments! Everything that she was doing - silly or not - was for her own study of the faerie fire. After rummaging through her fridge, she got out a single strawberry and placed it instantly into the flame. It was definitely childish, but she needed to know if it tasted like anything. For what reason? - she didn't know. Pulling the berry out, she saw as the fire danced around like it did on her finger tips before she scarfed down the fire-engulfed strawberry. Ceres chewed a couple times before she swallowed with slight disappointment. " It's only for light? It doesn't have any flavor, so I guess you can't really eat it... " The Dryad pouted, wanting to expect a sudden flavor enhancement, but alas, it seems like her experiment brought zero results. Almost everything seemed to have been food related to this girl. She loved to eat and snack on this, but sadly the faerie flame was not for snacking purposes.

☆ mood: curious / excitedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:50 am
Cho-Cho Twain
Sorry for disappearing, I think my computer light was bugging the dog, so I had to shut down.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Night never ending
The weapons we bring are our souls
You know, You know
You know what it means to feel real
So rise up, claim the sky
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He felt bad for always tensing when engaged in any sort of physical contact, but from the time he was born until only recently, everyone had meant him harm or were only trying to use him. He had had more attempts on his life than he could remember, war counted as many attempts, and most of the scars on his back were lashes from the "proper" way to bring up male children. "No, it's fine, really. I'm sure most normal people would think nothing of it. I just need a bit more time to get used to that kind of thing. I'm more familiar with lashings than hugs." He didn't mean for it to sound sad, but it probably did. They were just from such different worlds. As she was experimenting with the fire, he retired a few paces back and sat down. He was still close enough that if she got freaked out by the fire, he could extinguish it easily, but far enough she could feel like it was just her and her experiments. The fact that she got a strawberry out and put it in the flame made no sense. He had already told her it was heatless, so why would she try cooking something in it. Then she ate it and remarked with disappointment how it did not change the flavor. He watched for a moment, completely dumbfounded. In the nearly six centuries he had been using faerie fire, he had never once wondered how it would affect a flavor. It was just a light source, that's all. "It's just a magical flame. Kind of like if you healed a vegetable and then ate it, it would not taste differently, would it? As far as I am aware, magic has no flavor." Why was he starting to discuss magic? It wasn't as if he could do anything that the average drow could not. For that matter, he did not care much for magic. It had been used on him for cruel or dark purposes more than he cared for.

"Long was the hour for the valiant knight that would ne'er be sick or slain
Lonely the bower in the candle light with neither kith nor kin
Storm clouds over the full moon raced, as he swung to the dapple grey
And man and horse to the westward faced on the eve of an All Saints' Day.

He's laid his hand on his hunting horn and with his dying breath
Has blown a blast to the blazing morn that would rouse the angel of death
High in the cusp of the starry night he heard his grey hawk mew
As out of the misty morning light his ghostly greyhounds flew.

Waillee waillee my noble lord who wakes me from my rest
There's none can heal the wounds of time that lie bloody on your breast"

Funds: $0
      Relationship: Divorced
          Mood: __
              Pain: ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:52 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Hearing Drizyrr's little story of how he was more used to negative physical attention rather than positive ones, it got Ceres into thinking once again. " Hmm...Oh! If you're not used to it, then I can help! " She declared with a bright grin. " From now on, every time I see you, I'll hug you! Just one hug each meeting. That'll get you used to it, slowly yet surely~ " The Dryad figured that since he was helping her overcome her fear of fire, then the least she could do was help him get used to positive physical contact. She wasn't sure how his society really worked, but here, no one was really going to hurt you all the time, 24/7. Ceres wanted him to get used to the good things that happened in this world rather than dwell in the past. As he explained one more time that the flame was just a magical one with no flavor, she twiddled her thumbs sheepishly. " I..I know.. I just wanted to make sure. You never know, it could've been a really good snack if it had flavor... " Geez, this girl and her snacks. She was about to say something else until she heard some mail falling through the mail slot in the front door. She excused herself before walking over, picking up the letters. Most of it was just junk mail, or menus from take-out places (which she kept!) but one of them was from the bar that she had applied at. With bright eyes, Ceres sat down on the ground and pretty much tore messily into the envelope. She applied for every position possible, even though she was definitely not qualified for most of them. Her amber eyes seemed to scan through the words quickly until she grinned once more, hugging the letter. She got a job! " I got it! I got it! I'm now officially a....burlesque...dancer...? " Did..Did she read that right? Confused, she read through the letter again and she didn't read it wrong at all. She was indeed a burlesque dancer. The Dryad was kind of disappointed, but a job was a job. " At least I won't be flat broke...but still... "

☆ mood: confused / disappointed xxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc: Oh it's okay lol my dogs can be weird like that too

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 am
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

The idea of being hugged on a daily basis sounded pleasant, but he knew his subconscious would panic every time, at least for a little while. Still, she was right, things were different here, he didn't need to worry so much about people constantly trying to kill him. "Sounds good. That's probably the biggest thing I need to get over. After that would be my suspicion of spiders, and my deep-seated hatred of snakes. But those can wait." He had no desire to explain those at the moment. The details might weird her out, or at least make her pity him more, which he was already receiving enough of. She was quite sheepish about the whole flame experiment, which was kind of cute, though he didn't want to hurt her like that, "Well, now we know it doesn't have such a great flavor. It all my years of using it, I've never seen someone curious enough to try. Thank you for carrying out that experiment for me." Even if he did not yet share her curiosity, it was still fascinating to watch, he hoped she would never discard it completely. He jumped when the mail was dropped through the slot. It seemed like such an invasion of privacy, but also a good way to drop in poison gas or something. He was glad he had a mailbox good and proper. Most of the mail seemed to carry little interest, though he was surprised by the number of menus. Did she go out so much that the local restaurants were courting her? That probably wasn't too wise while on a budget. One envelope caught her attention, and she tore into it like a madwoman. He was polite enough not to immediately ask her what it said, but he was certainly curious. He found out from her announcement that she had gotten a job, but it didn't seem to be something she was interested in. He knew what a dancer was, though that could take many forms, but the word burlesque was new to him. "Congratulations on the job! What exactly is a burlesque dancer, though? It seems it is not quite what you had wanted." He was hoping it was something tame and civil. He didn't need the mental images that would ensue if it was anything but.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres was deep in thought about her new job until she was asked what it was. Her face turned bright red, but luckily she had her back turned towards Drizyrr, so he probably couldn't see how red she was. Now, what was the best way to explained a burlesque dancer without embarrassing herself even further? Her brain ran through different descriptions, but all weren't necessarily rated PG... "It's...uh...It's uh... " There really wasn't a good way to say so she just came right out with it. " It's when a person dances in a provocative and sensual way...wearing scanty clothes and probably taking them off... A burlesque dancer is just a fancy way in saying stripper...! " Even though Ceres was known to walk around in public naked, just the sheer thought of have to put clothes on just to take them off was TOO EMBARRASSING! The Dryad did have to voluptuous body for the job, but still! What was she going to do now? " I really hope it's not as degrading as I just made it sound... " The poor girl muttered while releasing a long sigh. Well, it was too late to back out now. She needed a job and needed the money. Besides, if someone wanted a private dance then that was just extra money. As long as no one tried touching her inappropriately, then she would probably be fine...probably...

☆ mood: embarrassed xxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:43 am
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

Her hesitation was beginning to spell his doom, but still he waited with bated breath until she finished explaining what exactly it was. He would have felt more sorry for her if his mind wasn't already rushing. But she really did seem distressed about this news. He needed to do something to try and make this better, but what? "If you want, I could go to the venue with you, and keep an eye out. Anyone tries to grab you, and they will have fewer fingers than I. Give you a look you don't care for, and that will be the last look that eye ever gives." She probably wouldn't care for the violence, but he could scale it back. The main point he wanted to make was that he would be willing to go and protect her, protect as much of her honor as he could. Was this what it meant to love? Maybe not romantic love, but love of a friend? Something like that? Whatever it was, he would not let anything harm her, even if he had to lay his life down for her. He put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a slight smile. "Not sure if this helps or not, but I imagine you will be very popular. You are very beautiful. Though that sort of provocateur doesn't really suit you, well, not best at least." Was that saying too much? Was it showing his thoughts a little too clearly? What if she was appalled that he thought her very attractive? Of course there were many other things he liked about her, but that was one of her positive points.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:25 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres was honestly surprised that he'd go as far as beating someone up if they so much as looked at her weird. It was a touching thought, but she didn't really condone violence over something as trivial as a perverse look. However, the Dryad smiled sweetly as she reached up and stroked the side of his face gently. " You're a real sweetheart, Drizyrr. BUT! I don't want you thrown in jail for physical assault on my account. " Feeling a little better, the woman stood up, cleaning up the little shreds of paper from the envelope. " If you want, though, I wouldn't mind if you showed up... Honestly, it'd probably put me more at ease to know somebody there, at least. " Although she may have not shown it, Ceres was actually slightly anxious in public sometimes. The sheer thought of doing something that would be extremely embarrassing would be enough to keep her from going out all the time. However, her undying curiosity of new things and experiences kind of forced her out on her own. Besides, being cooped up all the time wasn't good for her mental state of mind. Socialization was necessary if she wanted to fit in with the new generation.

Hearing the Drow's compliment on her appearance made Ceres smile almost in a bashful way, but her sweet smile soon turned into a teasing little smirk. " If that's the case, would you like to be my first customer? Or perhaps you'd like it as a reward for being a good friend and a good man? " The woman leaned in real close before she snickered and patted his shoulder. She honestly wanted to see what kind of reaction she'd get. " I'm just teasing you, ya know ~ However, if you do so happen to be a good friend and just so happen to protect me, then I'll treat you to dinner or something. Whatever you want! "

☆ mood: calm / slightly mischievous xxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

This time he managed to reduce it down to only a twitch when she touched him. He was getting better already! "Only prison, you say? Well, that isn't much to risk, if it pleased you. But of course, you are more gentle than that, so I'll wait until you aren't looking." He was sort of teasing about that, but at the same time he wasn't. If someone really hurt her or made her cry, that someone would be taken out back and beat until he came to his senses, and he would not mention it to her. "You would want me there, really? Of course I will do it if that is what you want, but I thought given it is something that might embarrass you, you might not want people you know seeing you." That would have been how he saw it, but apparently it would make her feel better to see a familiar face. Someone to commiserate with, maybe? Or was it so that she would know there was someone there who cared for more than just her body? He would have to be on his best behavior then, because like the animals in attendance, he did find her very alluring, yet he had to be the one that she could trust, that wasn't a perv.

Her honeyed words, asking if he would like to be her first customer, sent shivers down his spine that had nothing to do with being touched or cold. That said, centuries of being a mere pawn that could be sacrificed on a whim had taught him a number of things.
"I have not the money to be a customer, and I would not seek a reward that would compromise you. If you genuinely wished to do such things, I'm sure an agreement could be worked out that would suit us both." Then she admitted that she had just been teasing, but that she would be willing to reward him with dinner if he agreed to protect her and be a good friend. "I would do so even if there were no reward attached. As it is, I am flat broke and have no qualms about this quasi-mercenary role until I have a little change in my purse."

Mood: So Nearly Busted

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

" It doesn't matter whether you see me embarrass myself in front of you or not. Heh~ At least we can joke about it later if I do something silly at work. " Although she really didn't want to be an oddball and stick out like a sore thumb, she could easily cope with the fact with just simple jokes. Ceres didn't know if making fun of her own painfully embarrassing moments was a good idea, but she guessed as long as she didn't feel crappy about it then it would be fine. Besides, it was easier to get over little things like that through comedy or an abundant amount of sweets and food. Yes, sometimes she stress eats. Is she proud about it? Nope. Does she think she's going to stop soon? Probably not. Walking into the kitchen, Ceres placed all the unwanted junk mail into the trash can and all of the take-out menus in a special drawer that had plenty of other menus in it as well. The Dryad wasn't too proud of her eating habits, but food was getting soooo good nowadays! Was she just supposed to stop eating good food? She couldn't see how there were some people who willingly ate plain and bland foods like soylent and other unflavored things. Even the whole idea of diet foods was enough to make her stomach sad.

Anyways, as she returned to the living room, she was surprised that he'd do anything for her without a reward. Considering the fact that he was practically abused by women his whole life, she would expect him to want some type of rewards. Especially since he was pretty much just and object in their eyes. Ceres walked up to Drizyrr, studying his face rather quizzically. She honestly was starting to think that he wasn't a Drow. All those stories about his kind being an "evil" group who shouldn't be trusted just didn't seem true when it came to him. She stared at him for a little longer before she reached up with both hands and squished his cheeks playfully. " You must've ate too many sweets because you're turning into a sweet yourself! " Ceres was just teasing him again, and honestly her joke sounded like a lame one someone's dad would say just to embarrass them on purpose. Either way, she was having fun making jokes that made no sense and squishing his face. " Heh, he probably thinks I'm strange. Oh well ~ " Drizyrr had every right to think that Ceres was weird, because she absolutely was! After a little while, she finally released his face and decided to give him a break for now. He was probably getting annoyed with her touching him so much in one day. Instead of pestering him some more, she decided to watch some TV. It was most likely the first time seeing one, so she plopped down on the couch and patted the seat next to her. It was time for another learning session!
☆ mood: playfulxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

That was probably a very healthy reaction to embarrassment, just laughing it off with a friend, but he doubted he could do that just yet. He had a tendency to internalize things or just lash out and forcibly restore his honor. Both worked in drow society, each more favorable under different circumstances. He couldn't see the quantity of menus in the drawer, but the fact that she had a drawer devoted to them was rather alarming. She had a very pleasing form, but he was starting to worry that it might have been only a brief rest stop on a trend of getting much bigger. Not that her body was any of his business, but it would hurt him to see her push herself into ill-health. Just because dryads were ageless (or at least he thought he recalled hearing they were) it didn't mean that things couldn't harm them, as evidenced by her fear of fire.

"Had she heard his thoughts?" he couldn't help but wondering as she studied him. Instinct that had been beaten into him took over, and he quickly dropped his gaze to the floor, the only proper place to look when a woman of equal or greater status was addressing you. He was certain this was not the norm in this realm, but being studied was unnerving, and all he had to fall back on were the customs he already knew. He flinched when she touched him once more, but this was a strange touch, she was gently forcing him to look at her. His heart was racing, his body grew tense, his breath caught in his chest, and he had no clue what he was supposed to do. "She must have heard my thoughts and I have angered her. She is likely considering what punishment would be most fitting." And then she was telling him how sweet he was and smiling. He could practically feel his entire body sigh with relief. "I think rather it is the company that is rubbing off on me. That or I am just trying to impress you, but when you aren't looking I'll go back to being the quintessentially evil drow that legend rightfully knows us as." Not as much of a joke as he would have liked for it to be, but he had been a bit different by drow standards. He wasn't quite so cruel or even quite so resigned to his fate as most of the others had been.

She invited him to join her on the couch, which caused another slight tightness in his chest. How had he so quickly earned his way up to sitting beside her? Well, they had been close other times, but this was with furniture specifically designed for more than one person, which made it more significant to be invited. He stood up and walked over, gently sitting down where she had instructed, but trying to take up as little space as possible. He noticed there was one of those strange boxes a little ways in front of the couch. He had seen similar around, but he wasn't exactly sure what they were for. He had a feeling she was about to teach him.

Relationship: Interested
          Mood: Terrified/Relieved/Curious/Concerned

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

" Oh, is that so? Well! If you're gonna be oh so "evil" behind my back, I'll just send Mr. Prickles to watch over you! " Ceres playfully declared as she pointed to the small cactus that was sitting on the coffee table. It was highly unlikely that a little tiny cactus would take on a full grown man, but Mr. Prickles was a determined little thing. Drizyrr wouldn't understand him, but the cactus was going on about how he'd stick the Drow with his needles if he decided to stray away from the path of justice and righteousness! He almost seemed too eager to the point where Ceres had to calm the small guy down. " Oi, Mr. Prickles..! It's a joke... I'm not sending you to battle him. He could easily step on you or just throw a match on you, I don't know... Just calm yourself. " The cactus had some major anger issues that the Dryad would have to settle out on a different day. Still, Mr. Prickles was still going on about fighting, so Ceres sighed heavily and just picked up his small pot. He was definitely getting time out! She walked over into the kitchen and just set him down on the window sill where he could get some sun. The sun always calmed him down somehow. " Sorry about that. Mr. Prickles can be a jerk sometimes! " She had a slight tone of annoyance in her voice, but it easily went away as she sat back down on the couch and turned the TV on using the remote.

" Ok, so apparently, the humans call this magic box the television, TV for short. You can pretty much watch a lot of interesting things on it! Although, at first I thought you could travel and warp yourself to different places in it, so DON'T try to go in head first. It hurts... " She still remembered the large bruise she had on her forehead the first time she had encountered the TV. Not her proudest moment. Anyways, Ceres used the remote to flip through different channels but the animal channel had caught her attention with cute lion cubs! Her eyes lit up as she pretty much adored anything small and cute. However, they were soon filled with tears as one of the cubs inevitably died. The poor baby was paralyzed, and since he couldn't keep up with the rest of the pride, the group left him! The only one who tried to stop and help him was his brother, but then he ended up leaving too! Mother nature was a cruel woman! " Oh no...! Poor baby...! " Yes, Ceres was a big softy when it came to emotional stuff like that, even if she knew that unexpected death was a part of life, especially in the animal kingdom.
☆ mood: playful / slightly annoyed / sadxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He thought she had just been kidding when she spoke of sending the cactus after him, but then she continued speaking with it, apparently trying to dissuade it from declaring war on him. Well, at least she had been kidding about wanting to see him attacked, but it was rather disconcerting to have made an enemy already in the plant kingdom. He could sort of follow the conversation, even though he only heard half of it. "I confess, I could only hear your end of the conversation, so I am not entirely sure what just happened. At the same time, can he call on brethren to fight me? Need I worry about trees attacking me when I walk at nights?" How the crap did you prepare for war against plants? Fire and maybe some sort of poison maybe? Was that how he was going to die, brutally bludgeoned by an angry oak? He wasn't sure if it was undignified or just unusual. She didn't seem to be worried about potential bloodshed, so he figured there was no point in his worrying about it.

He jumped slightly when the magic box was activated. It produced images and corresponding sound, and it seemed that by pressing a certain button upon the wand, it could pick up a different signal. One channel even seemed to be addressing them directly, and he was thankful when she changed the channel, lest some sort of portal or compulsion or any number of dark magic things occur.
"A tv? It does not allow transportation, you say, but it did appear that an individual was addressing us through it. Can others see through the tv, or was it just a ruse to confuse onlookers? And if so, why do it? Would not most individuals know the nature of a tv?" She seemed to settle upon a channel depicting the sociology of lions. This part seemed to focus on the young in a particular family. One had been born defective, and after a little help from its relatives, it was abandoned. Likely it would die of neglect if some predator didn't espy it first and decide to make a meal of it. It meant nothing to him. He had had the misfortune of seeing the after effects of a Thirdboy sacrifice to their patroness to help win a battle. There were few things so scarring as that. Further, he couldn't help but wonder at the animal kingdom's mercy: upon seeing a clearly deficient offspring, the other lions had tried to help it. It made little sense and he wondered how such an illogical species could endure. He looked over to Ceres to see her nearly on the point of tears. He wasn't entirely sure what to do, so he decided to do what he thought she would. He moved closer to her and gently put an arm around her. He didn't know what to say, so he remained silent, but they were close enough now that they could feel each other's body heat.

Relationship: ?

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Drizyrr wouldn't have to worry about Mr. Prickles or any other plants for that matter. The cactus was just all bark and no bite. Besides, the plants wouldn't be able to move without the help of a Dryad like Ceres or any other elemental creature that could control nature. The Drow was safe from harm. Anyways, as the show about the lions continued on, Ceres still continued to cry. It wasn't necessarily about the cub. I mean, at first it was, she hated seeing cute things die! However, as the show went along, she couldn't help but put herself in the cub's shoes - if it were able to wear shoes. The abandonment of the lion cub just made her think of herself and her deeply rooted abandonment issues she had with the others of her kind. She thought that after centuries of being on her own, that it would help her somehow get over those issues. Unfortunately, watching the TV show just felt like she was reopening up a wound. Feeling Drizyrr's arm slowly wrap around her, Ceres didn't move away. In fact, she gently placed her head on his shoulder as she tried wiping and cleaning her face the best she could. " S-Sorry... I usually don't cry this much... I must be part weeping willow, or something like that. " The poor Dryad tried to make a joke in hopes of feeling better, but it didn't really help. Instead, she flipped the channel to a cartoon one that was playing re-runs of Scooby Doo.

She watched a couple minutes of the show before she got up, still trying to clear away the tears. " I'm gonna go try and clean my face... I-I'll be back. " Ceres retreated to the bathroom as she ran the sink and splashed cold water on her face a couple times. While the tears finally started to stop, her thoughts still didn't seem to leave her alone. Half of her mind was telling her how much of a burden she was and how she deserved being exiled from the others while the other half said the opposite. Both sides of her mind constantly arguing and the internal fight simply drove her mad! She absolutely hated feeling like crap. She enjoyed being positive and carefree, but at the end of the day, part of her mind wouldn't let her enjoy her life even centuries after her abandonment. Ceres slowly slid onto the tiled bathroom floor and sat with her knees to her chest. She tried drowning out the bad thoughts with positive ones, but it wasn't working as well as she thought.

☆ mood: depressedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:04 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He hugged her a little tighter when she leaned up against him. He wasn't exactly sure what he was doing, he had never seen people treat others like this nor had anyone ever treated him so, but it seemed like the natural thing to do. He smiled at her joke, but it didn't seem to help her much. After a little while she went to clean up, and he thought maybe she had gotten over whatever had possessed her, but as time ticked by, he began to doubt it. Had the cubs really set her off that much? No, it couldn't have been just that. She had heard his tales, at least a few of them, and while she had felt bad for him, they had only encouraged her to be even kinder and more gentle with him. Whatever she had thought of while watching the cubs had to have been something very close to her, something she hid away from others. What was it he had heard, "those who most eagerly lend a helping hand are the ones who needed it most." Could it be then that she had been so quick to bring him in and accept him because she too sought acceptance? Or did she have a dark past, maybe even darker than his, and while she was still haunted by hers, she wanted to free him from his. It could all be a possibility, but he wouldn't know until he talked with her. She was still in the bathroom, unless she had snuck away, which he doubted. He stood at the door and listened. There was very little sound, but he thought he heard her crying still. He sighed, if he had done what he was about to do in his homeland, he would have been tortured to death. But this was a different place and she was a different woman.

Gently he knocked upon the door,
"Ceres, I can hear you crying in there. I'm coming in, ok?" Without waiting for an answer, he opened the door gently and stepped in. He knelt down to be at her level, causing quite a few pops in his joints. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her just enough so that she was leaning against him. "Ceres, I don't know what had upset you so much, but I hate to see you so sad. Whatever it is, I will try to fix it as best as I can. I'll do whatever it takes. Your happy smile is the only reward that I need." He kissed her forehead, ever so briefly, but still he had done it. "What do you say? Are you willing to let me in on this so I can help you?"

Relationship: ?

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Ceres jumped when Drizyrr entered the bathroom all of a sudden. How long was she in there for? Her mind was so riddled with troubling thoughts that she must've forgotten that he was actually in her house for a brief moment. Her eyes were slightly red and puffy from the tears as a couple more seemed to slowly roll out and down her face. " I...I'm sorry..! I just...I.. " The Dryad cursed at herself in her thoughts. Why did she have to go and get so worked up for, especially in front of a guest! She could barely form a coherent sentence in the mental state she was in. She felt pathetic. Her whole body seemed to tremble like a leaf in stormy winds until she was pulled into the Drow's arms once more. He even kissed her forehead! It was a brief one, but at least he was trying to help her with her troubles. Ceres's arms slowly reached up and wrapped themselves over his shoulders as she tried to hide her face into his chest. " I'm sorry that I'm such a mess right now... I don't mean to be a burden... " She honestly didn't want to bring up her past. Although it wasn't necessarily as dark as his own past, she still felt pain from it all.

" I just hate being so alone all the time... Just seeing that cub just... it just reminded me of my own abandonment... I try hard not to think about it, but it just crept up on me so suddenly I...I.. " The poor girl couldn't even finish her sentence. The Dryad just sobbed and sobbed like she hadn't done it in years. There wasn't really anyone she could have talked to about her past besides the plants. Although the plants did comfort her, it only felt temporary. No matter how many good thoughts she tried to shove into her brain, the negative ones just somehow figured out how to slither their way in like slippery snakes.

☆ mood: depressedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

☼ Etoile Housing District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out