Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruitment: 5 Edition: As the Wheel Turns... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 am
So, My thoughts thus far:

Goliath/Half-orc/Genasi Bear Totem Barbarian
-- Nigh Unkillable warrior from Bandore. Useless outside of physical actions.

Half-elf Lore Bard
-- Snarky, Silver Tongued, pirate of Strahta. God on and off the battlefield.

Human Variant Purple Dragon Knight Fighter
-- All about bringing up his fellow adventurers. Hails from Burnstein. Not that great outside of combat, but not completely useless.

Aarakocra Light Monk
-- Goku as a bird man. Doesn't see people based on a nation. All are one. Dunno where he came from. Mostly combat oriented, but will be high dex and wis, so a good scout.

Halfling Swashbuckler Rogue
-- Pirate from Sol. Thrives in a life of crime, but gives most of his ill gotten gains to those who need it.

Varient Tiefling Wild Sorcerer
-- Mage from Wendel. Seeks to create a rod of wonder and study its effects. This build is something that I have wanted to do for a while and is largely at the mercy of the dice gods. With the Tiefling variant that I will be using, a few of their spells will change daily and they will be having random magic happen around them nearly constantly.

Tiefling Undying Light Warlock
-- Another build that I have wanted to try for a while. Will probably be from Seirun. Based around being a walking nuclear bomb. May make them a genasi.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:27 am
Croco_D_Isle
Nice! That's cool way for rolling your stats too. I just rolls two sets of a straight D20 like Colette. You total them how you like then?

4d6, drop the lowest. Thats how I have always done it.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 am
The Ghost of Xmas Awesome

See two post above.

If you have something in particular that you would like to see, let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 am
Croco_D_Isle
Soooo I was looking at the stuff sage wanted put in and saw there's a summon monster spell that isn't in 5th edition.....? Eh? Eh? Eh ghost? If you uh, get my drift? Wink wink. Nudge nudge.

xd I'll allow it. We may have to mess around with what it summons though, depending on which version you want it from. That spell has multiple levels too, so send me what versions of it you want adjusted and I'll make it work.

Sweeeeeeeet!! I'm planning on specializing in the school of conjuration, so this is perfect.  

Croco_D_Isle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:47 am
PupSage
So, My thoughts thus far:

Goliath/Half-orc/Genasi Bear Totem Barbarian
-- Nigh Unkillable warrior from Bandore. Useless outside of physical actions.

Half-elf Lore Bard

Human Variant Purple Dragon Knight Fighter
-- All about bringing up his fellow adventurers. Hails from Burnstein. Not that great outside of combat, but not completely useless.

Aarakocra Light Monk
-- Goku as a bird man. Doesn't see people based on a nation. All are one. Dunno where he came from. Mostly combat oriented, but will be high dex and wis, so a good scout.

-- Pirate from Sol. Thrives in a life of crime, but gives most of his ill gotten gains to those who need it.

Varient Tiefling Wild Sorcerer
-- Mage from Wendel. Seeks to create a rod of wonder and study its effects. This build is something that I have wanted to do for a while and is largely at the mercy of the dice gods. With the Tiefling variant that I will be using, a few of their spells will change daily and they will be having random magic happen around them nearly constantly.

Tiefling Undying Light Warlock
-- Another build that I have wanted to try for a while. Will probably be from Seirun. Based around being a walking nuclear bomb. May make them a genasi.

Oh sage you spoil me with your fun character ideas. whee

confused I know Colette is doing a warlock, so you might have to talk that out between yourselves if you are determined to play those, to keep things balanced between the party. But as for the others I'm giving you my full seal of approval. Use whatever you want to build which class, and we'll home brew it in if we need too.

If I'm honest though, I kind've wanna see you play a Pirate from Strahta. It's actually a bit of a plot point that Strahta has been cracking down VERY hard on it's waters lately, so there's plenty of room for badass tales of narrow escapes, and plenty to build that sort've rough and tumble charming buccaneer type from. Furthermore as a pirate you'd have...certain advantages at certain locations in the campaign. Furthermore, he's a half elf, which would really explain why he became a Pirate in the first place, given the general prejudice against them. Colette was actually playing a half-elf too, though alot of her character was based around hiding that fact, from what she's said. That might actually be a good reason for you two to join forces at the start, as I plan on each of you arriving in the city separately and meeting up as events....

Transpire. wink

Buuuut honestly I love all those ideas, pick whichever works for you and well tweak any system conflicts, if any, so they work.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:51 am
Could I swap the 50 gp my character has in their starting inventory for 50gp Diamond?  

Croco_D_Isle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:52 am
Croco_D_Isle
Could I swap the 50 gp my character has in their starting inventory for 50gp Diamond?

Is that all your money? I suppose you could, but you would be arriving in the city destitute. I suppose you want that for a spell component?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:56 am
Croco_D_Isle

Is that all your money? I suppose you could, but you would be arriving in the city destitute. I suppose you want that for a spell component?

The most anyone has in starting gear is normally 15gp, so he would have to liquidate some items to make up the difference.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Croco_D_Isle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:01 am
Croco_D_Isle

Yus. 3nodding

The scholars pack has 40gp, and my back ground equipment added another 10, so I have just enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 am
I will wait on our 4th to join. If we get somebody beefy I'll play bard, if not I will go Rogue, either way I'll do a pirate.

Half-elf Lore Bard

-- Pirate from Strahta. Thrives in a life of crime, but gives most of his ill gotten gains to those who need it.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am
Croco_D_Isle
Croco_D_Isle

Yus. 3nodding

The scholars pack has 40gp, and my back ground equipment added another 10, so I have just enough.

Looking at the prices here, you are indeed correct. Scholars pack is 40gp. If you are okay with forsaking having your starter pack and starting money, then yes, I'll allow it. You'll have no food or money though, and presumably you just finished a long journey to get to Vanguard. So let's, for fairness' sake, say that you are very hungry and thirsty when you get there. That will be a priority for you upon start.

If you are cool with that, then yes, you may have the Diamond.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:11 am
PupSage
I will wait on our 4th to join. If we get somebody beefy I'll play bard, if not I will go Rogue, either way I'll do a pirate.

Half-elf Lore Bard

-- Pirate from Strahta. Thrives in a life of crime, but gives most of his ill gotten gains to those who need it.

Sounds good to me! confused  

Croco_D_Isle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:14 am
Croco_D_Isle
Croco_D_Isle

Yus. 3nodding

Looking at the prices here, you are indeed correct. Scholars pack is 40gp. If you are okay with forsaking having your starter pack and starting money, then yes, I'll allow it. You'll have no food or money though, and presumably you just finished a long journey to get to Vanguard. So let's, for fairness' sake, say that you are very hungry and thirsty when you get there. That will be a priority for you upon start.

If you are cool with that, then yes, you may have the Diamond.

Great, that sortve fits the character anyway. I'll finish up and post it when I do.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 am
Okay, then I suppose we're waiting on a fourth Player. I'll check back in again tonight. If you guys, or anyone interested in joining, have questions, feel free to pm me, it should pop up on my phone. wink cheese_whine Here's to everything looking awesome!  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:53 am
This looks interesting and very well thought out.

I'd like to join, if it's not been filled. As for what, I'll get back to you after I go back through and see what has been made.

Summoner Wizard and a Warlock of some sort.

So I'm looking at the following:

Tiefling Paladin (always fun to play the 'holy demon') from Malkuth.

An Halfling Monk (I swear he's not part of the Waist-Down Fist) from Gallia.

Dwarven Cleric (Heal and Hammer) from Malkuth.

Dragonborn Fighter (Wonder if spears can be one hand...) from Bandore.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff