Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4E, Heart of a Monster [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:08 pm
Kowsauni
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Poke

Need your ruling on something. I ended up looking at my avatar right now and decided to make a barbarian tiefling. I currently have a set up that when I reduce a non minion target to 0 hp I get two free action melee basic attacks. Now RAW thats fine but free actions do say that its up to gm discretion so best n** this in the bud rather than surprise it on you.

Is that kosher to you?

Hmm I know the free MBA is part of one of the barbarian class mechanics but where is the second one coming from?

Heavy blade strike feat though I think it's an encounter.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:19 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Poke

Need your ruling on something. I ended up looking at my avatar right now and decided to make a barbarian tiefling. I currently have a set up that when I reduce a non minion target to 0 hp I get two free action melee basic attacks. Now RAW thats fine but free actions do say that its up to gm discretion so best n** this in the bud rather than surprise it on you.

Is that kosher to you?

Hmm I know the free MBA is part of one of the barbarian class mechanics but where is the second one coming from?

Heavy blade strike feat though I think it's an encounter.

You have to have Power Strike, which is a Slayer(fighter) power, to use Heavy Blade Strike.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:24 pm
Kowsauni
You have to have Power Strike, which is a Slayer(fighter) power, to use Heavy Blade Strike.

Dammit herolab failing me at checking Pre reqs! Alright cheers.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:42 pm
You could eventually get Power Strike, but you would need to multiclass fighter or ranger and then take the feat that lets you switch an encounter power for your multiclass' encounter power (Novice Power at lvl 4). After that, at lvl 6, you can then take Heavy Blade Strike, if you would like. I would allow the two free action attacks.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:42 pm
Kowsauni
Checku pleaseu

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85gQpMpERfyRG5KRVc3RzB5b3M/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85gQpMpERfyUEFMOFU2OWFCMjQ/view?usp=sharing

What I've got so far using the HeroLab 4E char gen. Haven't bought the module so I'll need to write it up but the demo mode is good for quick and dirty drafts. Basically putting it here for checking so far. Is it all good?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:24 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Checku pleaseu

What I've got so far using the HeroLab 4E char gen. Haven't bought the module so I'll need to write it up but the demo mode is good for quick and dirty drafts. Basically putting it here for checking so far. Is it all good?

Looks pretty much good, just a few little things.

Your background gives you a free third language with a choice of Giant, Goblin or Primordial. If you want to take one of these, you can.

You've listed yourself as having both Infernal Wrath AND Diabolic Transformation. Per the Diabolic Soul feat, Infernal Wrath is replaced with Diabolic Transformation, so you no longer have Infernal Wrath.

Also, did you want to choose a theme? I didn't see any listed. It's optional, but you can if you would like to.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:30 pm
Kowsauni
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Checku pleaseu

Looks pretty much good, just a few little things.

Your background gives you a free third language with a choice of Giant, Goblin or Primordial. If you want to take one of these, you can.

You've listed yourself as having both Infernal Wrath AND Diabolic Transformation. Per the Diabolic Soul feat, Infernal Wrath is replaced with Diabolic Transformation, so you no longer have Infernal Wrath.

Also, did you want to choose a theme? I didn't see any listed. It's optional, but you can if you would like to.

Thats strange that it doesnt show i chose demon spawn.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:35 am
So, I'm thinking of a uh, Dragon Barbarian/Sorcerer or a Something-Paladin/Cleric.

Goliath maybah.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:31 am
Goliath Paladin. Kuori and Revenge's future child.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:47 pm
Kowsauni
Nearly there.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=719544

Written up? (aka please point out any things missing)

If all is hunkey dorey I believe I've only got the background stuff to do.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:20 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Nearly there.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=719544

Written up? (aka please point out any things missing)

If all is hunkey dorey I believe I've only got the background stuff to do.

Haven't reviewed your powers yet and I'm about to leave the house for a bit but

your fire resistance should be 7 since Teiflings add half their level.

AC should be 18 because of barbarian agility class feature

Fort should be 18 because barbarians get +2 to Fort form their class

Ref should be 15 because of the barbarian agility class feature

I'll look over the powers when I get back home. Otherwise looks good so far I like your theme, just remember no evil of any kind. I'll will call players if they start acting evil in the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:05 pm
Kowsauni
Haven't reviewed your powers yet and I'm about to leave the house for a bit but
your fire resistance should be 7 since Teiflings add half their level.
AC should be 18 because of barbarian agility class feature
Fort should be 18 because barbarians get +2 to Fort form their class
Ref should be 15 because of the barbarian agility class feature
I'll look over the powers when I get back home. Otherwise looks good so far I like your theme, just remember no evil of any kind. I'll will call players if they start acting evil in the game.

Made fixes.

Here's a as comprehensive list I could gather of what sources are used:
PHB 2
Primal Power
Dragon Magazine (The char gen isn't specific I managed to confirm a few but some are just too obscure to find but I'm hoping Herolab isn't lying to me).
Heroes of the Elemental Chaos
Adventurer's Vault
Adventurer's Vault 2

And don't worry about the evil thing so far in the current concept of the background I need to work out what turned him but he struggles with his demonic wrath.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:15 pm
Mongooseh

Everything looks good. Now I just need your back story.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:00 pm
Kowsauni
Mongooseh

Cool. Now to struggle with my biggest weakness. Creative writing. Dun dun duuuun.

Also to be a bit cheeky can I possibly ask for a small home rule regarding my character? In regards to barb powers can I replace any keyword Thunder with keyword Fire? Disclosure sure it would add some synergy with the feat I took but I was thinking it would be more thematically correct and would barely have an impact on the game.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:54 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Mongooseh

Cool. Now to struggle with my biggest weakness. Creative writing. Dun dun duuuun.

Also to be a bit cheeky can I possibly ask for a small home rule regarding my character? In regards to barb powers can I replace any keyword Thunder with keyword Fire? Disclosure sure it would add some synergy with the feat I took but I was thinking it would be more thematically correct and would barely have an impact on the game.

Sorry, I'm going to have to deny that request. Changing keywords is kind of a big deal. On my wizard I had to wait till paragon to take a feat just to add the fire keyword to one power.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff