Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
"We actually have removed the gold generators" for now! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:44 pm
I am positively livid.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 pm
papercaves
I agree that the removal of the gold generators is a great thing. But the increase of the MP tax is going to further ruin the Gaia experience for new members or for those who do not like to use real money to buy Gaia cash, like me. The tax increase means people will raise the prices on the items they are selling in the MP to compensate for the tax increase therefore people questing/trying to purchase items worth millions and billions will have a hard time getting them. Other big time sellers will go to the Exchange and do their business from there. And from what I've heard, they are not all nice making questing even harder. All in all, anyone not purchasing Gaia cash to buy premium items or anyone trying to purchase items that are no longer in shops or are expense are getting the dirty end of the stick. The people who run logistics should have seen what was happening and should have never let it get this far. Gaia put making tons of money of their members over having happy members and look where it has gotten them. If you say you're not feeling the pressure to buy Gaia cash, you must not get on much. All day every day, they are shoving announcements with pretty cash items trying to get our money. But I'm not giving in to it until this inflation is resolved properly. And by properly, I mean by not hurting anyone's Gaia experience, because that is what really matters.

That was my argument at first too. However, you have to dig deeper and see that the 5% tax increase does help.

Here's a comic by Lokun that explains my point... The pictures near the end focus more on the 5% tax.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm
This is amazing. Omg, where did you find this? emotion_kirakira

r a i n i i_d a i s
papercaves
I agree that the removal of the gold generators is a great thing. But the increase of the MP tax is going to further ruin the Gaia experience for new members or for those who do not like to use real money to buy Gaia cash, like me. The tax increase means people will raise the prices on the items they are selling in the MP to compensate for the tax increase therefore people questing/trying to purchase items worth millions and billions will have a hard time getting them. Other big time sellers will go to the Exchange and do their business from there. And from what I've heard, they are not all nice making questing even harder. All in all, anyone not purchasing Gaia cash to buy premium items or anyone trying to purchase items that are no longer in shops or are expense are getting the dirty end of the stick. The people who run logistics should have seen what was happening and should have never let it get this far. Gaia put making tons of money of their members over having happy members and look where it has gotten them. If you say you're not feeling the pressure to buy Gaia cash, you must not get on much. All day every day, they are shoving announcements with pretty cash items trying to get our money. But I'm not giving in to it until this inflation is resolved properly. And by properly, I mean by not hurting anyone's Gaia experience, because that is what really matters.

That was my argument at first too. However, you have to dig deeper and see that the 5% tax increase does help.

Here's a comic by Lokun that explains my point... The pictures near the end focus more on the 5% tax.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm
crying crying crying They r now coming out with "similar" generators to the gold ones for a "temporary time". I think they made a new one to just do the same again.  

Bubblehead0987654321

Desirable Noob

10,925 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:39 pm
Ebania
This is amazing. Omg, where did you find this? emotion_kirakira

I'm part of a guild called Revolution: Gaia, and the artist posted it in this thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:09 am
I'm seeing a lot of angry people and topics since yesterday, and people saying that Gaia can't be trusted because they have a bad track record of disappointing and lying to the users here. How long has this been going on, exactly?  

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 pm
We'd be sitting here for years if I had to go back and recount every single time that Gaia has made a questionable business decision. But gold generators are definitely the primary problem, and they've been a reality since this time last year, approximately, with steadily increasing payouts that has brought wave upon wave of inflation crashing down upon the Marketplace. No one in Gaia's upper-level management is listening to our pleas for a solution to this problem, or so it feels.

MegaAltaria
I'm seeing a lot of angry people and topics since yesterday, and people saying that Gaia can't be trusted because they have a bad track record of disappointing and lying to the users here. How long has this been going on, exactly?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:40 pm
Ebania
We'd be sitting here for years if I had to go back and recount every single time that Gaia has made a questionable business decision. But gold generators are definitely the primary problem, and they've been a reality since this time last year, approximately, with steadily increasing payouts that has brought wave upon wave of inflation crashing down upon the Marketplace. No one in Gaia's upper-level management is listening to our pleas for a solution to this problem, or so it feels.

MegaAltaria
That's so depressing, disheartening and pretty messed up. I don't even know how to respond to that. It's starting to feel like I signed up at the wrong time here. Just seems like so much is in chaos users are enrages, prices for things are too high. It's scary and I'm not sure if I should stay and continue exploring it here if people say the site is treating their users badly.  

MegaAltaria

Newbie Noob

papercaves

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm
r a i n i i_d a i s

Yeah, you're right. The 5% tax will indeed make a difference. But honestly, I just want Gaia to go back to the way it was when I joined in 07. Things were a lot better then.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff