Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder Oriental Campaign [Now Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:47 am
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
Do we have the option to switch to point-buy if we don't like the result?

Also, how feasible would it be for me to play a Qinggong Drunken Master Monk of the Sacred Mountain with Vow of Silence?

that's....quite a mouthful. i'll have to look into all that, which might take a bit as tired as i am right now. as for point buy, if you roll ASTONISHINGLY bad, i'll let you switch to point buy

I've done quite a bit of research; basically I just need to make sure all the class features mesh. If not, I can drop Drunken Master.

Also, I guess they switched it to Iron Mountain.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 am
Dion Necurat

Also, how feasible would it be for me to play a Qinggong Drunken Master Monk of the Sacred Mountain with Vow of Silence?

Okay, so Qinggong won't be a problem, as every monk is pretty much also a Qinggong monk. While you CAN technically take both Drunken Master and Sacred Mountain as well, I would prefer if you stuck to only one of them, along with Qinggong. If you're absolutely wanting to take both, however, I'll allow it as long as you can make it make sense in regards to your character's background.

Also, a notice to anyone wanting to play a monk, I'm changing the price of the amulet of might fists to match that of a standard magic weapon with the same level of bonus, because i've always thought it was way overpriced. however, the amulet only affects your unarmed strikes. any other natural weapons you gain won't be affected by the amulet.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:54 am
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

Okay, so Qinggong won't be a problem, as every monk is pretty much also a Qinggong monk. While you CAN technically take both Drunken Master and Sacred Mountain as well, I would prefer if you stuck to only one of them, along with Qinggong. If you're absolutely wanting to take both, however, I'll allow it as long as you can make it make sense in regards to your character's background.

That's fair; I'll try to choose between the two. Iron Mountain is nice, but Drunken Master looks fun.

Also, while I doubt I'll get this high with this character, if I were to take the Monk Vow of Silence, would I need to replace it with the Iron Mountain Vow of Silence?

Quote:
Also, a notice to anyone wanting to play a monk, I'm changing the price of the amulet of might fists to match that of a standard magic weapon with the same level of bonus, because i've always thought it was way overpriced. however, the amulet only affects your unarmed strikes. any other natural weapons you gain won't be affected by the amulet.

I thought the amulet only affected unarmed strikes? Unless you mean the bonus won't apply to flurries?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:07 am
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

That's fair; I'll try to choose between the two. Iron Mountain is nice, but Drunken Master looks fun.

Also, while I doubt I'll get this high with this character, if I were to take the Monk Vow of Silence, would I need to replace it with the Iron Mountain Vow of Silence?

Quote:

I thought the amulet only affected unarmed strikes? Unless you mean the bonus won't apply to flurries?

Yeah, iron vow of silence would be the one you'd use in that case. And it will apply to flurries. There have been other amulets that would apply to natural weapons. I just wanted to make that distinction that it would still only affect unarmed strikes.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:09 am
iLL iNTENT

Do I just like, take the horse template Here for the mount?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:16 am
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

For the base, yes.

Then it will level up according to the animal companion chart

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:23 am
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

Quote:

Yeah, iron vow of silence would be the one you'd use in that case. And it will apply to flurries. There have been other amulets that would apply to natural weapons. I just wanted to make that distinction that it would still only affect unarmed strikes.

Alright then.

Time to make the most badass defensive monk.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:25 am
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

For the base, yes.

~Covers her eyes.~ Oh god I'm so glad it lets me buy it with the Combat Trained package. There's so much on here that it's such a huge help.  

Winter Wondork

Winter Wondork

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:33 am
iLL iNTENT
Amarylli
iLL iNTENT

For the base, yes.

Also, don't want to bother you too much. But does the chart Add onto the base stats or replace the stats? Like the HD and the Saving throw Bases?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:37 am
DAMN! 200 gp shy for monk robes...  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:42 am
iLL iNTENT

Could we get a breakdown on this?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 am
Dion Necurat
DAMN! 200 gp shy for monk robes...

You can borrow some of mine Lol. I have like 6000 left.  

Winter Wondork

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:49 am
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT

So a level one magic bonus on a weapon costs 2,000gp
So a +1 amulet of mighty fists will cost 2,000gp

It can also be used to add special abilities.
Taking the same +1 amulet of mighty fists for example, and add say, ghost touch to it, which is equivalent to another +1 bonus, this brings its total to +2, and as such will cost 8,000gp, the same as a +2 magic weapon would.

Using the regular pricing guide, the same +1 Ghost Touch amulet would cost 16,000, double that price. I think that is ridiculous, so I'm treating it like any other magic weapon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:19 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT

Taking the same +1 amulet of mighty fists for example, and add say, ghost touch to it, which is equivalent to another +1 bonus, this brings its total to +2, and as such will cost 8,000gp, the same as a +2 magic weapon would.

Using the regular pricing guide, the same +1 Ghost Touch amulet would cost 16,000, double that price. I think that is ridiculous, so I'm treating it like any other magic weapon.

Hmm...Keen Amulet of Mighty Fists...  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:57 pm
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT

Hmm...Keen Amulet of Mighty Fists...

Well Keen is something that only applies to slashing weapons. Unarmed strike is bludgeoning, so that's something that wouldn't apply I'm afraid, unless you found a way to deal slashing damage with the unarmed strike.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff