Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S0U

Tipsy Singing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:37 pm
Kai_Chi
S0U
aw jeez Xelyn I'm really flattered lol

I have an idea~ What if the raffle reward is to get art from all the other participant? And for those participating but don't win the raffle it would just sort of be the like the final drawing to finish up 100 days of drawing?

mmm and for those who are using other mediums, like writing, maybe they could dedicate some literature to the winner. Having a poem or story written just for you or your char would be pretty cool too and it would still work.

just an idea, and I'm not sure if it's good or not cat_sweatdrop

hmmm I actually really like the idea C :

yay~
now that I think about it, I guess if people drop out and there's only one person left at the end, there will be no one to draw him/her. But most likely that won't happen.

/whispers- also Tellius's animations are pretty cool! I saw examples they posted in the crisscross sketch shop thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:38 pm
@china doll- Lol~ I clutched my chest and bent over double I was that touched. ppl really are too nice here<3  

S0U

Tipsy Singing

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 pm
S0U
Kai_Chi
S0U
aw jeez Xelyn I'm really flattered lol

I have an idea~ What if the raffle reward is to get art from all the other participant? And for those participating but don't win the raffle it would just sort of be the like the final drawing to finish up 100 days of drawing?

mmm and for those who are using other mediums, like writing, maybe they could dedicate some literature to the winner. Having a poem or story written just for you or your char would be pretty cool too and it would still work.

just an idea, and I'm not sure if it's good or not cat_sweatdrop

hmmm I actually really like the idea C :

yay~
now that I think about it, I guess if people drop out and there's only one person left at the end, there will be no one to draw him/her. But most likely that won't happen.

/whispers- also Tellius's animations are pretty cool! I saw examples they posted in the crisscross sketch shop thread.

Ohhh thats good to know : D I'll add to the list! thank you!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 am
Sou's idea is pretty cool, but that one 'artist left standing' could happen. Perhaps, if that scenario does occur, allot some gold or make a deal for an artist shop of the winners choice?

You could set gold limits if it has to come out of your own pocket, or a certain amount could go towards the winner as a portion that doesn't have to come out of their own pocket savings. Lots of shops are demanding thousands, but I don't post a lot, and I can't exchange. As a user that doesn't accrue massive amounts of gold in a day, 3k could be invested for commission art.  

III_of_Wands

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:13 pm
Tellius's animations ARE really cool. She drew my name in Sketch Swap. XD She only animates, doesn't draw, though, so she only produces work for avatars or pixel art.

If there's one artist left standing (which I doubt... in the past, at least 3/4s of the people who made it this far made it to the end) then I will draw for them. If we choose that route.

Is Dollie on the same page? She made the auction thread saying that we were going to use the gold from THAT for the prize.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm
Shestval
Tellius's animations ARE really cool. She drew my name in Sketch Swap. XD She only animates, doesn't draw, though, so she only produces work for avatars or pixel art.

If there's one artist left standing (which I doubt... in the past, at least 3/4s of the people who made it this far made it to the end) then I will draw for them. If we choose that route.

Is Dollie on the same page? She made the auction thread saying that we were going to use the gold from THAT for the prize.

Do you know how much Tellius sells animations for? (price wise?)

I think the art auction is also a good idea, but I don't think its a good thing to tie to this to the 100 day event. Since it requires even more time and energy then what is already being spent on the 100 day event. I think its a little over kill. But if people really want to do it, its also an option. : )  

Kai_Chi
Captain

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm
Kai_Chi
Shestval

Do you know how much Tellius sells animations for? (price wise?)

I think the art auction is also a good idea, but I don't think its a good thing to tie to this to the 100 day event. Since it requires even more time and energy then what is already being spent on the 100 day event. I think its a little over kill. But if people really want to do it, its also an option. : )
That's what I was thinking... it's fun but maybe too much to be tied to the event. I'll quote Dollie and let her know that we'll just split the gold. smile

I don't know what Tellius charges... she doesn't have a shop.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:23 pm
Shestval
II Little China DoLL II

hmmm ok, well I think I'm going to make a decision and be a little more direct right now because I can see the topic is very wishy washy, and we aren't getting anyware.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan on combining the auction idea with the 100 day event, because I think it makes everything to heavy on the participants. Its already a big challenge to draw 100 days in a row, and I think adding an art auction on top of that might be stretching it a little to much.

I do however think it would be great to have an art auction sometime... but I think it would be best to have it later, as another event or activity.

Soooo in my opinion heres what I think we should do. I presently have only 4 mill on me right now. I think the best would be to have an raffle at the end of the event, like we talked about previously. I think we should allow the winner to choose which artist they want to get us to commission from them as so long as the artist price is less than 4 mill, it shouldn't cause any problems.

What do you guys think : )? Does this work or do you see possible problem with this idea? if not I think we'll do that, and call the topic resolved.  

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:06 pm
Shestval
Kai_Chi

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Opinions? o.o;;;;; *need to start setting up if it's gonna be a thing*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm
II Little China DoLL II
Hggggghn I've avoided answering this because I've got mixed feelings either way!

Honestly I'd really just like to stay out of the prize discussion. I was the mod voting for no prize from the beginning, partially because I wanted to avoid all this. XP

I'm willing to front buying a prize or paying contestants or whatever. I got the gold, no worries. Or I'm willing to draw the prize. Just tell me what I'm going to do. Or we could take S0U's suggestion and have all the winners draw for the raffle winner... although that kinda feels like "congrats you hit the finish line! Here's an obligation!"

I totally want to do the auction. It would be nice if I could use auction-related pieces as freebies during 100 Days, like the requests are freebies, but even that's not entirely necessary. I'm pretty good at getting other s**t I gotta do "fit" the themes. The other participants in the 100 Days gave kinda a lukewarm reception to the auction idea... other than Cupcake and me, only one or two seemed really interested. I need to dig back through the thread to remember who expressed interest (I think Banana did?).

If we keep the auction separate from the 100 Days, then it feels more natural and less complicated to me. And then the auction members can actually split the profit from the auction and not have to give it up. But I don't feel strongly about that. So yeah.  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:55 am
To be perfectly honest, I don't really understand how the auction works... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:03 am

ɖ σ ʟ ʟ • • •
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

No worries, we won't have it part of the event at all.

I do not want to put any pressure or stress on the participating artists.

I have set 12mil as the starting bid-- that way at the very least, we would have 1 mil for each artist that finish all 100 days successfully.

Assuming we would get more than just 12mil... we would have enough gold for those participating for fun and mods (we are last in priority lol).

ChiiDoLLx

Vice Captain

Smol Cutie-Pie

Kai_Chi
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 pm
II Little China DoLL II

: ) If your not sure what you can do to help, you could log on at 12 Eastern time zone and update the the new themes. All you need to do is post a comment in the guild that your "Updating" before hand so everyone else knows your taking care of it.

If not you could also check who posted the last update (both Shestval and I post the words Updated in green to let everyone know up to what point we updated the previous images. You could always continue from where it last stoped and update the new images in the main page. All you have to do after wards is post "updated" the same way so we know up to what point you updated the post : ) Give it a shot sometime. It doesn't take much time, and I'm sure it would be a big help to Shestval. : )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:51 pm
Shestval
II Little China DoLL II

Ok I'm gonna make a call here because I can see where not really advancing on this topic.

Personally I like the idea of holding a guild art auction but I don't think its a good idea to tie it to the 100 day event. Because I believe it adds to much extra stress/work for the contestants and the mods. So we will do this, just not right now.

I think what we should do is hold an art raffle at the end of the event like we spoke about in the past. I think we should allow the winner the chance to choose which artist they want to draw them and then we will commission the artist . I have a grand total of only 4 mill in my account right now : P so the artist who will be commissioned must cost less than 4 mill.

And thats... it haha... XD if you guys see any problems with this feel free to let me know : ) If not I say we do that, and call this topic resolved.

Kai_Chi
Captain

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:08 pm
Kai_Chi

Ok I'm gonna make a call here because I can see where not really advancing on this topic.

Personally I like the idea of holding a guild art auction but I don't think its a good idea to tie it to the 100 day event. Because I believe it adds to much extra stress/work for the contestants and the mods. So we will do this, just not right now.

I think what we should do is hold an art raffle at the end of the event like we spoke about in the past. I think we should allow the winner the chance to choose which artist they want to draw them and then we will commission the artist . I have a grand total of only 4 mill in my account right now : P so the artist who will be commissioned must cost less than 4 mill.

And thats... it haha... XD if you guys see any problems with this feel free to let me know : ) If not I say we do that, and call this topic resolved.

I don't think that's fair to the winners though. Because then even if there are several winners, only one of them get's a prize at random while the others get nothing.  
Artist Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff