Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
4 Edition, The Garden; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kain Almasi rolled 18 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 5, 3, 1, 1, 3 Total: 54 (18-108)

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm
Looking weak.
11, 9, 9, 7, 8, 4.
Most DM's would not allow this. Now I have to make a character that couldn't kill a fly and will probably die from tripping on a rock.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 pm
saint odium
Looking weak.
11, 9, 9, 7, 8, 4.
Most DM's would not allow this. Now I have to make a character that couldn't kill a fly and will probably die from tripping on a rock.

I know, I asked for a reroll due to my poor stats. He's apparently not around (probably due to holiday goodness? Maybe a really really bad NYE hangover?), so I went ahead and made horrible gimpy characters anyways. A wizard with Con 4 and Cha 3, and an Archer Ranger with Dex 6, Wis 3. I'm gunning to be eliminated ASAP and end his campaign in the first round! biggrin

Mind you, I COULD be persuaded to make competent characters if he begged me to, but I would need a little... incentive... *rubs his thumb against his index and middle fingers*

(In all seriousness, any sort of competition should be using a set point buy or spread or something to make things fair and equal for all players)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm
Rain Yupa
saint odium
Looking weak.
11, 9, 9, 7, 8, 4.

I know, I asked for a reroll due to my poor stats. He's apparently not around (probably due to holiday goodness? Maybe a really really bad NYE hangover?), so I went ahead and made horrible gimpy characters anyways. A wizard with Con 4 and Cha 3, and an Archer Ranger with Dex 6, Wis 3. I'm gunning to be eliminated ASAP and end his campaign in the first round! biggrin

I can't make the characters I was hoping too. These scores just don't allow it. Doesn't the 4th edition phb actually say something that characters should have a minimum combined modifier of +5 to be relatively usable. I can't remember but I know it says something about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:10 pm
saint odium
Rain Yupa
saint odium
Looking weak.
11, 9, 9, 7, 8, 4.

I can't make the characters I was hoping too. These scores just don't allow it. Doesn't the 4th edition phb actually say something that characters should have a minimum combined modifier of +5 to be relatively usable. I can't remember but I know it says something about it.

Yes, you are right! If it's lower than +4, it's too weak to use; if it's higher than +8, it's too strong to use.

I had a duo I wanted to make until I saw my rolls so I abandoned them completely to make my self-eliminate characters 3nodding Dropping from the game simply because I didn't like my scores seemed like a cop-out! Join me and we'll make such weak characters, IKK will win by default since we'll get ourselves eliminated in Round 1, and the campaign will end! biggrin  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:45 pm
Rain Yupa
[
Yes, you are right! If it's lower than +4, it's too weak to use; if it's higher than +8, it's too strong to use.

I had a duo I wanted to make until I saw my rolls so I abandoned them completely to make my self-eliminate characters 3nodding Dropping from the game simply because I didn't like my scores seemed like a cop-out! Join me and we'll make such weak characters, IKK will win by default since we'll get ourselves eliminated in Round 1, and the campaign will end! biggrin

4th edition forces you have dump scores and practically says that you can't have high scores in general because what if I'm having a good rolling day and roll three 18's for my character. They automatically become to strong while in other versions of the game that's just good rolling. I want to make a couple of dumpy characters now and win this thing just to piss off WoTC.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:22 am
Sorry, had a bad few weeks at work and on top of that the cold weather has been messing with my internet time. I am now back to a normal schedule, and despite Negative temps, I can answer back logged questions and be all dmy. biggrin

saint odium

Rain Yupa

Yes, you guys can reroll and I will take Rain's idea into consideration.... considered and weighed with other options.... Rain's idea will be added to creation.

The point equivalent(if you add all your numbers together) of 70 or below, can take a reroll without my consent.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 am
InsaneKatKing
I'll see if I can't think of some background for these two at some point in time, but for now, here is my team.

Surina - Dragonborn Paladin and Leucis - Teifling Warlock

And we have our first team, if you think of a back story or a name for this team inform me. Otherwise, Best of luck Kat.  
Kain Almasi rolled 18 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 4, 4, 5, 1, 6, 5, 6, 6, 1, 6, 4, 3, 6, 4, 6 Total: 74 (18-108)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 pm
Again please don't let me down.
So my first character has 14, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12.
We will see with adjustments.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers