Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"The Inquisitors." (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested? And what name is better?
  Yes, "The Inquisitors"
  Yes, "The Invaders"
  No, "The Inquisitors"
  No, "The Invaders"
View Results

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:36 pm
Lord Sithious

So, for the first part, technically the civil war went on for about 3 years or so I believe? I need to recheck my dates, but about that time. Now, most of this time was NOT fighting, but during this time many groups schemed and prepared for war against the other factions. It wasn't until the final year that the fighting really kicked it into high gear, and that lasted for around a few weeks to a few months, not sure how long it was just yet. Also, yes MANY military figures were allowed to keep their positions, most in fact becaues much of the national army was overseas at war, and they refused to come back with the faction associated with the army, claiming that their position overseas was more important than the petty politics back home. In the end, the new Grand Chancellor was very greatful for their staunch position and granted most of the overseas army their original positions, or even gave them promotions where it seemed due.

I may be willing to let this gun in as well. I should note that the faction that would have had the easiest access to weapons like this would probably have been House Black, but other factions may have had limited access to them as well. That said, I think I can allow it.

Interesting character, and he would fit very well with the House Black faction from the civil war. I should warn you though, House Black was hunted down viciously, so he would have to either have been hiding for the past few years and has been summoned as a second chance, or he wasn't as evil as his fellow House Black officers (if he is in House Black). I love the outfit too, fits perfectly with the outfits of the House Black officers! Let me know what your thoughts are on what I said about your character, I'd like him to fit as close as possible to your idea while still fitting in with some of the history that has happened. Also, the foreign wars were going on at the same time as the Civil War, and only lasted for a few days or weeks after the Civil War ended, so you may want to edit when he fought in the wars slightly, but let me know what you think in case you have some other ideas for it as well.

I like the second character as well, he too would fit somewhat well with House Black, but his outfit might be closer to that of the Dalcarian Army. I have a pic somewhere of what the army would have worn, and it was obviously German looking, but I believe it was grey. Black is more the color of House Black. Also, Dalcarians are mostly supposed to have Britishy sounding names, but we can talk more about names and places and see what we can come up with. Your characters could be foreigners, could have chosen their own name as if they were sort of like the Nobles, or I could even just say the name comes from one area of Dalcaria or another, whatever floats your boat.

Also, two more things I would like to mention. Firstly, I'm glad you brought up the sword because I forgot to mention that yes, swords are allowed in this roleplay as well, but I advise people to be careful what they choose. There aren't really any particular sword styles in this world, so I'll allow many things, but don't go too overboard with the fantasy swords I suppose.

Next, although this world is very advanced, most of the world is still unexplored (it's quite a big world), so there are many secret places across the world. Dalcaria has been fully explored pretty much (as it is an Island Continent if you will), but many places remain undiscovered.

I don't know if I mentioned this either, but there isn't exactly a main religion in Dalcaria, but most people believe in "The One" (the monotheistic god of this world and many others), but this is a very vague belief that is still being researched heavily. There is also a few "pagan" or "druid" beliefs (more or less belief in multiple gods or worship of nature) but I haven't really put much detail into these beliefs, so it's open to your creativity. Also, there is the religion the last Grand Chancellor tried to put in, the "humans are gods" type religion, but that one was not widely believed outside of the old fascist regime leaders and House Black. There is also demon worship, but I can get into that later if you all wish. Lets just say their were demon princes, but something happened years ago and they got pretty badly beaten.

Ah, so the two wars were going on at the same time. Gotcha. Would it be possible for both to be members of House Black that was 'away' so to speak during the Civil War, and returned from overseas? A good summary of each faction would be nice.

As for their names, I'll just change them to more proper English names. I just figured the names would fit more with the appearance and weapons used.

Hopefully more people add some input soon.... This RP is too good to not be done.

EDIT: How's Lieutenant Colonel Robert Lowsley and Captain Samuel Morris sound?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:57 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Ah, so the two wars were going on at the same time. Gotcha. Would it be possible for both to be members of House Black that was 'away' so to speak during the Civil War, and returned from overseas? A good summary of each faction would be nice.

As for their names, I'll just change them to more proper English names. I just figured the names would fit more with the appearance and weapons used.

Hopefully more people add some input soon.... This RP is too good to not be done.

EDIT: How's Lieutenant Colonel Robert Lowsley and Captain Samuel Morris sound?

Precisely, and I wish I could name you all the countries Dalcaria was at war with, unfortunately I haven't finished coming up with all the countries yet. XD I think it would be possible for them to have been overseas House Black members. House Black mainly focused on national interests, but they would have had some members overseas to ensure Dalcaria's military positions weren't compromised. I do have some faction summaries, but they aren't finished just yet. Also, some of the factions no longer exist (currently at least) due to being beaten in the war. Let's just say that House Black (despite being beaten) still will have a presence in this roleplay as well. wink

True, but to be honest I don't mind too much if the names are slightly German sounding, it's just that they should be a little more to the British side, to keep things accurate.

Thank you! Well, if you have any free time, please feel free to invite people over here, I'd love for more people to check this out!

That is a VERY English sounding name. xd I haven't yet figured out ranks for the military divisions yet, but the ranks should be acceptable so far I think. The names are okay too, just be sure that whatever names you choose are names that you like. Dalcaria may be based off of Britain, but I want you to know that it is still it's own place, so don't try to hard to make things too British, if that makes any sense. sweatdrop  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 pm
Ah yes, some more important info to mention. So, as I have said before, much of the style of the roleplay will be taking from the time period of the 1800's up to the early 1900's. As such, you are also allowed to use guns like flintlocks or wheel locks, but keep in mind that they would be "modified" to use modern ammunition (sorry, but none of the ball bullets). Just so you know, this doesn't mean these guns work the same as flintlocks or wheel locks, they just look the same. Their function is much closer to a firearm from around the late 1800's to early 1900's.

Now, I also mentioned a little about vehicles, but since motorized vehicles like cars are still somewhat of a new thing (and very expensive) there must be alternatives. I may have mentioned trains, boats, and planes (still trying to find good pics for that), but having just gotten Dishonored Game of the Year Edition, I discovered that they had a somewhat steampunkish looking stage coach that wasn't in the "gearpunk" style of regular steampunk. That said, I'm going to allow stagecoaches as well (including horses of course) to make it easier on the less wealthy or on those who prefer more traditional forms of transport. I'll try and find a good pic soon, but I have lots of things I'm busy with, so please be patient.

On the note of pics, I'll try and get a pic of the map of Dalcaria made, but that may be hard for me to do. I've written it down on paper, but my penmanship isn't superb, and it's on lined paper as well. If I can, I'd like to make a more digitalized version of the map to make it prettier to look at, but we'll have to see how that goes.

And lastly, because I forgot to mention this earlier, information of the previous royal family of Dalcaria. Now, despite the fact that Dalcaria is an empire, it's monarchs have always been called Kings or Queens, been that way since the empire was created. The royal family that has been around from the start of the empire and up until the assassination of the last King was the Clarion family. When the last King was assassinated, his family was as well, leaving the nation with no heir. Some people may view monarchs as bad things, but the Clarion family was almost always good to its people, and the people loved them for it. However, the fascist movement that came to power was hungry for power of their own, as well as a Dalcaria free of "impure" people. To this end, they planned to kill the King and his family and pin it on the King's royal guard. However, the plan backfired as the king had known of the assassination, and had forged a significant amount of fake evidence that suggested only the head of the Royal Guard was behind it. This was a lie of course, but the King trusted his Royal Guard to fight to keep Dalcaria safe. So during the Civil War, the Royal Guard supported their new leader (also the leader of the Dalcarian intelligence agency) and managed to eliminate the other faction leaders (and sometimes whole factions) that vied for the title of Grand Chancellor. With that done, their leader became the new, and current, Grand Chancellor of Dalcaria. Sorry for the long winded history lesson, figured it might be helpful to know, so that people have a better idea of who the "good guys" and "bad guys" were.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:47 pm
I know I'm spamming my thread, but I'm hoping to get as much info out, and also to keep it as active as possible so more people will notice it. XD Anyways, I'll try posting a character skeleton soon, so if anyone has any suggestions for things they might want on it that isn't in the usual formats, let me know.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:53 pm
Another thing I need to do is post the flag of Dalcaria sometime. It's not perfect yet, but it's the right shape and colors. Just not as symmetrical as I want it I suppose. XD I need to get a photobucket account first though, but hopefully I'll do that soon. XD

Now, I may be missing a few things, but here's the basic character skeleton so far.

Username:
Name:
Race/Nationality/Species: (Talk to me if your character is a foreigner and/or isn't a human.)
Orientation:
Personality:

Rank: (political, military, social, financial. Dalcaria is a fairly free country when it comes to many things, including finances, so it's very easy to be very wealthy and not a nobleman or woman, just so you are aware. You also don't have to be of noble blood to be in the military or certain political aspects of the nation, and it is possible to "purchase" someone else's noble title, giving you the political power they may have had. Of course, the noble needs to be willing to sell it. Please do not include anything within these brackets when you are posting your own character, just give the rank.)
Education: (Kind of a last second thought on my part. XD Access to education isn't impossible, even for poorer persons and foreigners. Of course, being a rich Dalcarian noble doesn't exactly guarantee you had a good education either, it depends solely on what the character is like and what they had access to.)

Factions: (Groups you are or were working for or with, can include old groups that no longer exist. I'll give a rundown of the factions at some point soon as well.)

Religion/Philosophy: (Lack of religion, ie. Atheist or agnostic, is also accepted here.)
Political Ideals: (Optional. If your character supports one political group/idea or another, you can mention it here. Talk to me if you want to know a little about which sides you may want to choose.)

Biography:
How did you end up at the Palace:

Skills: (The stuff you're good at. This could be cooking, fighting, driving, or even something more brainy like chemistry if you like.)

Transportation: (Cars, horses, etc.)
Home: (Your house, city, and province that you live in for the most part. If you need names for places and descriptions of them, let me know and I'll give you a rundown)

Weapons:
Clothing/Armor:
Powers: (Magic and what have you)

Picture: (Of your character)
Theme Song: (Also optional?)

Hope this helps you all, give me some feedback about what you think of this and if you think there is anything I missed and should have included.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:54 pm
Kay, so I suppose this is a bit of a bump in hopes of more people noticing, however I have also found probably the best example of what an aircraft would be like in Dalcaria, so I figured I should share it so you all have an idea of what kinds of aircraft we have available (at least in terms of planes).

The Plane.

This is about a close to perfect as I am going to find. Everything else was too dieselpunk or too gear style steampunk. But this pretty much hits the nail on the head. This isn't the only kind of plane in Dalcaria of course, but you're going to have an almost impossible time finding anything else that fits the style of Dalcaria.

Also, here's a pretty decent pic of a car that would be available in Dalcaria. There are other kinds, but this too is more or less a reference pic, to give you guys some ideas for the style. And before I had mentioned "flintlock" guns. Well, this is more what I was talking about; gun. Sorry if the quality of that is sketchy, but it's the best I can find unfortunately. There are other types of guns much like this I can show you, but this is one of my favorites to be honest.

Well folks, I'll try to get more cool stuff to you soon, but please try and give me some feed back or something, maybe a character profile if you want me to tell you what I think of it.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:04 pm
Hrmm... Bump?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:36 pm
Oh, somebody voted as not interested and for "Invaders"? Well, not what I would prefer to see, but at least the roleplay has gained someone else's attention. xd I hope more people consider this roleplay, even though in all honesty I'm not totally finished with everything yet. sweatdrop Still, not much point in putting all that time and effort in if it just falls apart on me. And for the record, I don't expect people to memorize all of my history lessons on this place, I just give this info out to show how fleshed out I'm making not just this roleplay, but the actual universe of this story (and by universe I'm more or less talking about the realms and places I have created xd ).  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:52 pm
Bump? I really need to figure out an advertising scheme. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:51 pm
Well, not much more I can say or do until more people take notice of this. If anyone is currently reading this, this thread I mean, then at least let me know what thoughts you have, or vote even so I know people are seeing this thread. sweatdrop But if you're reading this and you're interested, then don't just be interested and wait for the real rp, because I want to know if I should even do the real rp in the first place, which means I'll be waiting until more people post here and show that they're interested!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 pm
I'm still interested, I just don't have that many suggestions.

Though some food for thought, if Dalcaria is an island nation, about how big is it? You said something about it being sorta-englishy, so would it be safe to assume it's got different cultural regions (e.g. Wales, Scotland, Ireland...)?

Other than that really, I'm just sittin' here waiting for faction descriptions and working up detailed back stories for my characters.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
I'm still interested, I just don't have that many suggestions.

Though some food for thought, if Dalcaria is an island nation, about how big is it? You said something about it being sorta-englishy, so would it be safe to assume it's got different cultural regions (e.g. Wales, Scotland, Ireland...)?

Other than that really, I'm just sittin' here waiting for faction descriptions and working up detailed back stories for my characters.

It's no problem, I just really need to get this OOC more talkative so I can get a feel for how many people are interested in it.

As for size, Dalcaria is (give or take) about six million square kilometers, which is close to the same size of Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls, and also about half the size of Russia I believe. And yes, there are different cultural regions of sorts, but I'm still working on defining them. The furthest Eastern part of the Empire, the Capital Province called Tavastia, has a slight Imperial Roman/English feeling to it, with lots of big palaces in the capital as well as some lovely Georgian style apartments and such (I believe it's Georgian at least). To the west in central Dalcaria is a plains and "prairees" (I spelled that wrong, but I don't have spell check XD) type area that would be very close to being like the more plains and fields areas of France, with nice villas and French style mansions (keeping in mind the inhabitants aren't French, it's just the style). This region is very farm oriented. West of that is a VERY forested region, however they still have a few massive cities with archetecture similar to Victorian (or Georgian) era buildings. Also, I believe I added a bit to their capital (the provincial capital) by adding lots of "mini castles". Before the land was unified under the Empire, it was a place with lots of wealthy tradesmen and women, and so they settled on buildings their nice homes in the capital. However, many people thought castles would be the nicest looking thing, so at the time lots of castles were built, even for poorer people once the building costs started to go down. Over the years they have built more modern buildings, but most of them are nice, even the poorer homes. But the mini-castles still stand. This place has forest regions EVERYWHERE, even around their capital. This is because of an old tale of a place that had been used heavily for lumber, but it was so over used that it became totally barren. This region still uses lumber, but it is far more careful with it than most places, and tries very hard to preserve it. North of this province is a very barren and rocky place called Kragdarroch (I spelled this wrong too but I'll get the right spelling later) with it's capital city sharing the same name. It's a good mining place, but very sparse still. The people have learned to make due with wild plants and trees, but since being unified with the Empire, they have been able to make their food much more exquisite. To the East of this and still north is a more snowy place that has more access to food than Kragdarroch. These people are probably the closest to "Scottish", along with their neighbors in Kragdarroch (though the people in Kragdarroch have a less Scottish culture than the people in this snowy province). Despite the snow, this province still has some luxury and fine buildings, something to make up for the amount of snow. On the most southern parts of Dalcaria are two provinces that would be much like Southern England. They are very field like places too, but they are first and foremost a costal region, much like Dover perhaps, but without the cliffs. They take up some of the English "beach" type culture (being costal regions), and like I said before, it is mostly plains and fields behind the actual coast of this region. Both capitals sit right on the coast if I remember correctly, one focusing more on fishing and tourism, the other more focused on naval technology (though still having some lovely beaches as well). Then furthest to the West, I'm not quite done yet. However, one region I can best describe as Southern British Columbia (with "rainforests" if you will, just google Hope, British Columbia for a better idea), and the Northern province is closer to Northern British Columbia (which has a little more snow, is somewhat less rainy, and is less "rain foresty" and more just "northern foresty", I know that doesn't make a ton of sense, but I'll elaborate more later).

So, overall the cultures of Dalcaria are quite similar (they are all essentially the same race, or "brother races" if you will), but they have some differences here and there. It's also important to note that most of the people in each province aren't really bothered by being part of an Empire. Surely some are, but most people are happy with it.

Ah yes, the faction descriptions. I'll get to that in a little while if you don't mind waiting, I have some other work I have to do though quick, so maybe just reply to this comment I've made to remind me, I have a tendency to forget, sorry. sweatdrop  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:17 pm
Sorry I took so long ladies and gents, well mostly gents at this point. xd Anyways, I was tending to a number of crisis's at my work place, but I think I've got all my bases covered now. Well, it's been a bit of a wait, but here is my faction info. I may be missing a few factions, so I'll have to put them in later, but I hope this helps for the most part!

First off, I'd like to say that not all of these factions are still in "use" if you will, ie. they disbanded or were forced to. That said, you can still have your character be a ex from one of these groups, or even part of a group of remnants from that group, but bear in mind all remnant factions (except for House Black, but we'll get to them later) is going to be EXTREMELY weak, and for the most part unable to fight back against the new government. Also, I'll spoil this much of the roleplay for you and tell you that you will be (in a sense) working for the government, so keep that in mind when you make your characters. Now, without further adieu, the factions!

The Old Grand Chancellor *disbanded*: The man in charge of the government, and therefore the country. Although he controls most organizations, the only groups that have fully pledged allegiance to him are his personal body guards and the national police force (whom he has bribed). Obviously, they believe the Grand Chancellor should rule the country.

The New Grand Chancellor: Like the old Grand Chancellor, this is the man in charge of most of the government as well as the country. He has the full support of the Dalcarian Intelligence Agency, the Royal Guard, and most of the members of the Fascist Grand Council, and a great deal of support from the national police force, a few ex-rebel groups, and a number of nobles and persons of business. The military has also, for the most part, pledged their loyalty to him, but their loyalty is to Dalcaria first and foremost. He does, however, still have opposition within both the house of nobles and parliament, which may soon affect his political position. Regardless though, at the moment this man is the most powerful person in the country, and more than that, he is essentially the most powerful man in the world.

House Black *banned, but still active*: This is the Dalcarian equivalent of the SS. They are the best of the best when it comes to soldiers, highly trained in ranged, melee, and magical combat. They are very wealthy, very powerful, and have their hands in many different things (including scientific and magical research for new and more powerful weapons). They were also mostly in charge of the extermination of any "impure" people within Dalcaria. They pledged loyalty to the last leader of House Black, but he died in the Civil War, so at the moment the leadership of House Black is shared between a number of powerful individuals, but there is a rumor that persists that one man may take up leadership by himself, but this is still only a rumor. The members of House Black believe only House Black should rule the country, and that the impure must be wiped out. Another group that had pledged loyalty to House Black had been the Secret Police (something like the gestapo, but this group has NO connection to the Intelligence Services at all keep in mind. Intelligence and Secret Police were seperate).

The Office of Science and Magic *Still active, under new leadership, somewhat loyal to new government*:
The last Arch Mage died during the Civil War, but since then new leadership has taken over and run this organization well. They currently pledge loyalty to the new Dalcarian government as an organization, but some individuals may still harbor thoughts of opposition to the new one. This organization have vast resources and wealth that allow them to fund their research into new sciences and magics, some of which is used for combat. They have a large amount of soldiers trained specifically for fighting with magic and their strange technology, but they too mostly pledge support to the new government (but it still varies somewhat from person to person). The previous leaders of this group believed the mages and scientists working for it should control the country, but the new leadership and many (if not most) of the lower ranking members support the new government (still varying from person to person).

The Nobility *Active, old leader is gone*:
This is basically all of the noble houses of the nation united in their own sort of "parliament". Many of them pledge loyalty to the new government, but many still also oppose the new government. The new Grand Chancellor has permitted "opposition" within the nation, to allow people the chance to have a voice and some power in their government. However, the nobility is not always loyal to what the people want. The noble house is slightly different from parliament, but parliament is still made up largely of nobles, but also some other influential individuals from both the Fascist Grand Council, the Office of Science and Magic, and other important groups and/or businessmen/women. Nobility was once determined only by blood, and still is to a degree, however it is also possible for someone to sell their noble title. This essentially grants the purchaser voting rights within the noble house and parliament (something the old Grand Chancellor used in some ways to fill the nobility with loyalists, which backfired during the civil war). During the civil war, many of the nobles elected a single noble to lead them to against the old Grand Chancellor and attempt to secure the nobility as the sole power in Dalcaria. He died however and many of his loyalists were ousted from the nobility. The nobles (as said before) do support the new government, but this is not all of them. More specifically though, some of them do not support the current Grand Chancellor, for reasons not totally known. The nobles themselves are somewhat supported by their noble guards, many of the industries of the Empire, and have access to great sums of wealth and technology. (typically provided by the industries). It should however be noted that not all nobles own their own businesses, but many do.

The Parliament:
As said before, this is made up of nobility, members of the Fascist council, titans of industry, war heroes, and many more. For the most part, this group is unelected by the people, but popular support for certain figures has allowed them entrance into parliament. Parliament has only a little power at the moment, mostly in terms of the everyday upkeep and safe-keeping of the nation, but the Grand Chancellor has most of the power. However, there is a rumor that has floated around that, if the parliament had a majority vote, they could possible strip the Grand Chancellor of his power. This isn't certain yet, but uncertainty in Dalcaria is the only thing people are ever certain of.

The Military:
Most of the military has agreed not to involve itself in the issues of government at this time, but they are largely supportive of the new government. During the civil war however, some parts from the navy, army and air-force have pledged allegiance to the Commander of the Military and believed that the military should rule the country. They obviously make up the largest military force in Dalcaria and are well armed, though it should be noted their are other groups with more high-tech weapons.

The Air-force crazies *Mostly disbanded, some still around*:
Some members of the air-force, when they tasted the freedom they had in the air, decided that they didn't want to side with any groups, so they act as anarchistic bandits. They may have had a leader, but it is not currently known. At the moment, they are fairly inactive, but some still roam around, less insane these days and acting more like simple bandits, or pirates for that matter.

The Rebels *Some disbanded, some still semi-active*: Of course, these are the average citizens, foreigners, "impure" bloods, and generally oppressed people that wish to see the government fall. Or at least that is what they were. Since the rise of the new government, many rebels have retired and have openly accepted the new government. There were a few rebel groups during the civil war, but after it was over (as said before) many hung up their red flags. It is unknown who their leaders are or were, but they more often pledged allegiance to the common goal of eliminating the government. Although many groups retired, there are still a few that remain, still staunchly opposed to any system of government that isn't democratic, socialist, or even a lack of a government entirely. They are fairly poor in terms of financial support, weapons, and technology, but have access to guerrilla type warfare. Nowadays though, these rebels are considerably less violent, and as such the new government hasn't taken any violent course of action against them. But if anyone poses a threat to the safety of civilians, the Grand Chancellor won't hesitate to fight back, though he will do his best to avoid blood shed.

The Loyalists *includes the Imperial Intelligence Agency and the Royal Guard*: These are the people left over after the death of the King. They yearn to bring the nation back to the good old days when the government could be run with the people at the front of their mind. They support the fascist government, but have worked to eliminate all the elements that had made it tyrannical. They also have worked to abolish the racism that has poisoned the nation and create equality for all people. There are some nobles who support this group, but the largest supporters are the King's Royal Guard, and the Imperial Intelligence Agency. Both were under the control of the same man, the current Grand Chancellor, and continue to support him (although he has had to step away from leadership of these groups for the most part). They have worked with the rebel groups during the civil war and continue to work with certain rebel groups that support the government, hoping to make the nation a better place together.

The Invaders *repelled back to their nations*: The foreign nations that tried to invade Dalcaria during the civil war. They were not only unsuccessful, but due to Dalcaria's position at the time, they were forced to allow Dalcaria to keep much of the land it had occupied during it's foreign wars. Some of the nations harbor grudges against Dalcaria still, but some are also pleased with the new direction the government is taking. The territories Dalcaria currently occupies (except for Lishunda, which was colonized) have not been made colonies or provinces yet, but the government is still looking into what they should do about the new land they occupy.

The New Invaders *Not exactly joinable, ask me if you feel you really want to join*: No information is currently available about this group. Persons who have information on this are the Grand Chancellor, some politicians and other persons working with him, and The Temple.

Demon Hunters:
These people aren't a faction, but rather an occupation. They're a lot like private eyes, or detectives, except they focus on killing demons. They aren't fully connected to The Temple, choosing to act independantly (and some times for a fee), though many of them did have training with The Temple so they could learn some basic spiritual arts and other methods of killing demons. Some of these people are pro-bono (acting for free), but others (as said before) have made a fair sum of money off of their war on demons. Hiring one isn't exactly hard, just keep a leary eye out for them, some aren't always as good as others, but some might even be better than the people at The Temple.

The Temple/Temple Demon Slayers: This group has existed for hundreds of years, fighting and slaying demons where ever they could and whenever they could. The Temple is also a somewhat spiritual organization, most of them have dedicated themselves to the study and worship of The One, but they have always focused mostly on "spiritual magics", which are essentially magics that are mainly used to fight evil spirits, demons, etc. Some of the occupations that exist in this organization include scholars (people who study The One, demons, and other things related to The Temple, making them more book based than combat), Priests (demon hunters who typically use magics and the spiritual arts to combat demons), and Templars (demon hunters who tend to stick to guns, swords, and heavy armor). There has, in old history, been accounts of another occupation though; Inquisitors. These people were masters of all sorts of weapons, magics, and other forms of combat. They were highly regarded by all, and often times took up the leadership positions in The Temple. However, no Inquisitors exist today, and The Temple is run mainly by High Priests, essentially the hands that guide the actions of The Temple and it's members. The Temple almost solely swears loyalty to Dalcaria, or more generally all living creatures on the planet (that are good of course), and make their cause the eradication of evil. Some of them do support the Grand Chancellor, though some have a little disdain for him, feeling that he only gets in the way of them. Before, when the old Grand Chancellor was in charge, the Demon slayers were mostly shoved aside and ignored by the government, worship of The One and all other gods was banned, and new "High Priests" were put in charge to enforce the "religion" of the Fascists at that time. But with the new Grand Chancellor in charge, the Demon slayers have been brought back, free religious worship has been brought in, and the old "High Priests" were ousted and replaced with High Priests (some new, some older than the previous ones) that were more focused on the values and beliefs of The Temple from before the time of the old Grand Chancellor. As stated before though, some of the members of The Temple have taken a slight disdain for the new Grand Chancellor, and it isn't totally known why. Perhaps it's just politics, or perhaps it's more.

Okay, so that covers a lot of groups. Keep in mind there are still jobs out their like the Police, Intelligence services (basically a spy), the Royal Guard (talk to me first if you want to join them) and then other misc. jobs and occupations. By the way, I was going to color code this more, but it was starting to take too long, so I decided I can probably do the rest later. I hope this gives you guys a good idea of how things will work, but let me know if you want to know more info about the organizations, I can try adding more later. Also, I'm allowing inspirations in this roleplay from a variety of sources, including The Elder Scrolls, so there is a lot of stuff you guys can play around with, including enchanting items like weapons, clothing and armor. You don't need soul gems though (I'm not ripping off TES that much), just put some magic in it from your own "mana bar" if you will and that should work. I'll post some pics of armor for some of these groups later too, just remind me at some point and I'll get it to everyone. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm
Lord Sithious
Sorry I took so long ladies and gents, well mostly gents at this point. xd Anyways, I was tending to a number of crisis's at my work place, but I think I've got all my bases covered now. Well, it's been a bit of a wait, but here is my faction info. I may be missing a few factions, so I'll have to put them in later, but I hope this helps for the most part!

First off, I'd like to say that not all of these factions are still in "use" if you will, ie. they disbanded or were forced to. That said, you can still have your character be a ex from one of these groups, or even part of a group of remnants from that group, but bear in mind all remnant factions (except for House Black, but we'll get to them later) is going to be EXTREMELY weak, and for the most part unable to fight back against the new government. Also, I'll spoil this much of the roleplay for you and tell you that you will be (in a sense) working for the government, so keep that in mind when you make your characters. Now, without further adieu, the factions!

The Old Grand Chancellor *disbanded*: The man in charge of the government, and therefore the country. Although he controls most organizations, the only groups that have fully pledged allegiance to him are his personal body guards and the national police force (whom he has bribed). Obviously, they believe the Grand Chancellor should rule the country.

The New Grand Chancellor: Like the old Grand Chancellor, this is the man in charge of most of the government as well as the country. He has the full support of the Dalcarian Intelligence Agency, the Royal Guard, and most of the members of the Fascist Grand Council, and a great deal of support from the national police force, a few ex-rebel groups, and a number of nobles and persons of business. The military has also, for the most part, pledged their loyalty to him, but their loyalty is to Dalcaria first and foremost. He does, however, still have opposition within both the house of nobles and parliament, which may soon affect his political position. Regardless though, at the moment this man is the most powerful person in the country, and more than that, he is essentially the most powerful man in the world.

House Black *banned, but still active*: This is the Dalcarian equivalent of the SS. They are the best of the best when it comes to soldiers, highly trained in ranged, melee, and magical combat. They are very wealthy, very powerful, and have their hands in many different things (including scientific and magical research for new and more powerful weapons). They were also mostly in charge of the extermination of any "impure" people within Dalcaria. They pledged loyalty to the last leader of House Black, but he died in the Civil War, so at the moment the leadership of House Black is shared between a number of powerful individuals, but there is a rumor that persists that one man may take up leadership by himself, but this is still only a rumor. The members of House Black believe only House Black should rule the country, and that the impure must be wiped out. Another group that had pledged loyalty to House Black had been the Secret Police (something like the gestapo, but this group has NO connection to the Intelligence Services at all keep in mind. Intelligence and Secret Police were seperate).

The Office of Science and Magic *Still active, under new leadership, somewhat loyal to new government*:
The last Arch Mage died during the Civil War, but since then new leadership has taken over and run this organization well. They currently pledge loyalty to the new Dalcarian government as an organization, but some individuals may still harbor thoughts of opposition to the new one. This organization have vast resources and wealth that allow them to fund their research into new sciences and magics, some of which is used for combat. They have a large amount of soldiers trained specifically for fighting with magic and their strange technology, but they too mostly pledge support to the new government (but it still varies somewhat from person to person). The previous leaders of this group believed the mages and scientists working for it should control the country, but the new leadership and many (if not most) of the lower ranking members support the new government (still varying from person to person).

The Nobility *Active, old leader is gone*:
This is basically all of the noble houses of the nation united in their own sort of "parliament". Many of them pledge loyalty to the new government, but many still also oppose the new government. The new Grand Chancellor has permitted "opposition" within the nation, to allow people the chance to have a voice and some power in their government. However, the nobility is not always loyal to what the people want. The noble house is slightly different from parliament, but parliament is still made up largely of nobles, but also some other influential individuals from both the Fascist Grand Council, the Office of Science and Magic, and other important groups and/or businessmen/women. Nobility was once determined only by blood, and still is to a degree, however it is also possible for someone to sell their noble title. This essentially grants the purchaser voting rights within the noble house and parliament (something the old Grand Chancellor used in some ways to fill the nobility with loyalists, which backfired during the civil war). During the civil war, many of the nobles elected a single noble to lead them to against the old Grand Chancellor and attempt to secure the nobility as the sole power in Dalcaria. He died however and many of his loyalists were ousted from the nobility. The nobles (as said before) do support the new government, but this is not all of them. More specifically though, some of them do not support the current Grand Chancellor, for reasons not totally known. The nobles themselves are somewhat supported by their noble guards, many of the industries of the Empire, and have access to great sums of wealth and technology. (typically provided by the industries). It should however be noted that not all nobles own their own businesses, but many do.

The Parliament:
As said before, this is made up of nobility, members of the Fascist council, titans of industry, war heroes, and many more. For the most part, this group is unelected by the people, but popular support for certain figures has allowed them entrance into parliament. Parliament has only a little power at the moment, mostly in terms of the everyday upkeep and safe-keeping of the nation, but the Grand Chancellor has most of the power. However, there is a rumor that has floated around that, if the parliament had a majority vote, they could possible strip the Grand Chancellor of his power. This isn't certain yet, but uncertainty in Dalcaria is the only thing people are ever certain of.

The Military:
Most of the military has agreed not to involve itself in the issues of government at this time, but they are largely supportive of the new government. During the civil war however, some parts from the navy, army and air-force have pledged allegiance to the Commander of the Military and believed that the military should rule the country. They obviously make up the largest military force in Dalcaria and are well armed, though it should be noted their are other groups with more high-tech weapons.

The Air-force crazies *Mostly disbanded, some still around*:
Some members of the air-force, when they tasted the freedom they had in the air, decided that they didn't want to side with any groups, so they act as anarchistic bandits. They may have had a leader, but it is not currently known. At the moment, they are fairly inactive, but some still roam around, less insane these days and acting more like simple bandits, or pirates for that matter.

The Rebels *Some disbanded, some still semi-active*: Of course, these are the average citizens, foreigners, "impure" bloods, and generally oppressed people that wish to see the government fall. Or at least that is what they were. Since the rise of the new government, many rebels have retired and have openly accepted the new government. There were a few rebel groups during the civil war, but after it was over (as said before) many hung up their red flags. It is unknown who their leaders are or were, but they more often pledged allegiance to the common goal of eliminating the government. Although many groups retired, there are still a few that remain, still staunchly opposed to any system of government that isn't democratic, socialist, or even a lack of a government entirely. They are fairly poor in terms of financial support, weapons, and technology, but have access to guerrilla type warfare. Nowadays though, these rebels are considerably less violent, and as such the new government hasn't taken any violent course of action against them. But if anyone poses a threat to the safety of civilians, the Grand Chancellor won't hesitate to fight back, though he will do his best to avoid blood shed.

The Loyalists *includes the Imperial Intelligence Agency and the Royal Guard*: These are the people left over after the death of the King. They yearn to bring the nation back to the good old days when the government could be run with the people at the front of their mind. They support the fascist government, but have worked to eliminate all the elements that had made it tyrannical. They also have worked to abolish the racism that has poisoned the nation and create equality for all people. There are some nobles who support this group, but the largest supporters are the King's Royal Guard, and the Imperial Intelligence Agency. Both were under the control of the same man, the current Grand Chancellor, and continue to support him (although he has had to step away from leadership of these groups for the most part). They have worked with the rebel groups during the civil war and continue to work with certain rebel groups that support the government, hoping to make the nation a better place together.

The Invaders *repelled back to their nations*: The foreign nations that tried to invade Dalcaria during the civil war. They were not only unsuccessful, but due to Dalcaria's position at the time, they were forced to allow Dalcaria to keep much of the land it had occupied during it's foreign wars. Some of the nations harbor grudges against Dalcaria still, but some are also pleased with the new direction the government is taking. The territories Dalcaria currently occupies (except for Lishunda, which was colonized) have not been made colonies or provinces yet, but the government is still looking into what they should do about the new land they occupy.

The New Invaders *Not exactly joinable, ask me if you feel you really want to join*: No information is currently available about this group. Persons who have information on this are the Grand Chancellor, some politicians and other persons working with him, and The Temple.

Demon Hunters:
These people aren't a faction, but rather an occupation. They're a lot like private eyes, or detectives, except they focus on killing demons. They aren't fully connected to The Temple, choosing to act independantly (and some times for a fee), though many of them did have training with The Temple so they could learn some basic spiritual arts and other methods of killing demons. Some of these people are pro-bono (acting for free), but others (as said before) have made a fair sum of money off of their war on demons. Hiring one isn't exactly hard, just keep a leary eye out for them, some aren't always as good as others, but some might even be better than the people at The Temple.

The Temple/Temple Demon Slayers: This group has existed for hundreds of years, fighting and slaying demons where ever they could and whenever they could. The Temple is also a somewhat spiritual organization, most of them have dedicated themselves to the study and worship of The One, but they have always focused mostly on "spiritual magics", which are essentially magics that are mainly used to fight evil spirits, demons, etc. Some of the occupations that exist in this organization include scholars (people who study The One, demons, and other things related to The Temple, making them more book based than combat), Priests (demon hunters who typically use magics and the spiritual arts to combat demons), and Templars (demon hunters who tend to stick to guns, swords, and heavy armor). There has, in old history, been accounts of another occupation though; Inquisitors. These people were masters of all sorts of weapons, magics, and other forms of combat. They were highly regarded by all, and often times took up the leadership positions in The Temple. However, no Inquisitors exist today, and The Temple is run mainly by High Priests, essentially the hands that guide the actions of The Temple and it's members. The Temple almost solely swears loyalty to Dalcaria, or more generally all living creatures on the planet (that are good of course), and make their cause the eradication of evil. Some of them do support the Grand Chancellor, though some have a little disdain for him, feeling that he only gets in the way of them. Before, when the old Grand Chancellor was in charge, the Demon slayers were mostly shoved aside and ignored by the government, worship of The One and all other gods was banned, and new "High Priests" were put in charge to enforce the "religion" of the Fascists at that time. But with the new Grand Chancellor in charge, the Demon slayers have been brought back, free religious worship has been brought in, and the old "High Priests" were ousted and replaced with High Priests (some new, some older than the previous ones) that were more focused on the values and beliefs of The Temple from before the time of the old Grand Chancellor. As stated before though, some of the members of The Temple have taken a slight disdain for the new Grand Chancellor, and it isn't totally known why. Perhaps it's just politics, or perhaps it's more.

Okay, so that covers a lot of groups. Keep in mind there are still jobs out their like the Police, Intelligence services (basically a spy), the Royal Guard (talk to me first if you want to join them) and then other misc. jobs and occupations. By the way, I was going to color code this more, but it was starting to take too long, so I decided I can probably do the rest later. I hope this gives you guys a good idea of how things will work, but let me know if you want to know more info about the organizations, I can try adding more later. Also, I'm allowing inspirations in this roleplay from a variety of sources, including The Elder Scrolls, so there is a lot of stuff you guys can play around with, including enchanting items like weapons, clothing and armor. You don't need soul gems though (I'm not ripping off TES that much), just put some magic in it from your own "mana bar" if you will and that should work. I'll post some pics of armor for some of these groups later too, just remind me at some point and I'll get it to everyone. xd

Yayyyyyyyy!

So, as I've asked before and feel compelled to double-check, would it be plausible to be an Ex-member of House Black who served abroad during the Wars, and has pledged loyalty to the New Grand Chancellor? Who possibly onyl joined House Black due to his families long-standing position within the house, and in order to gain access to it's goodies (And it's undoubtedly kick-a** uniforms)?  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:50 pm
The_Sane_Hatter
Yayyyyyyyy!

So, as I've asked before and feel compelled to double-check, would it be plausible to be an Ex-member of House Black who served abroad during the Wars, and has pledged loyalty to the New Grand Chancellor? Who possibly onyl joined House Black due to his families long-standing position within the house, and in order to gain access to it's goodies (And it's undoubtedly kick-a** uniforms)?

You're already saying yay, and I'm not even finished yet! I'll be uploading some reference pics very soon, so put on your life jacket, I'm about to flood this thread! xd

Honestly, it would even be possible for your character to have fully supported House Black and he could still be here, it would be a sort of second chance for him, a chance to be forgiven for past crimes. If, however, you wish for him to be a "not-so-bad guy", I'm good with that too, just be sure to make his backstory nice and concise, I'm not sure how good it would be to just say he joined House Black for the cool stuff. xd But yeah, just make sure it's all pretty and it'll be all good!  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff