Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
This is Our Town [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe...
View Results

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 pm
Would you be opposed to a race from the 3.5 books? I understand if you say no, but I'd like to try for permission to use a Hellbred from Fiendish Codex II. Otherwise, I can figure something else out. In the event of a 'no', do you want us to keep to standard build races (10 RP or lower) or would a low RP advanced race be acceptable, with permission?  
Xenar1 rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:46 pm
hehehe twisted a thought occurred to me

how would the townspeople know the difference between a lycan and druid transformed? 'natural' lycans are said to have 'full control' over their forms so they wouldn't lose themselves right? thus there wouldn't be any difference between the two xd

dice: coin flip. heads 1-2; good, tails 3-4; neutral  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:59 pm
RafeRavel
Would you be opposed to a race from the 3.5 books? I understand if you say no, but I'd like to try for permission to use a Hellbred from Fiendish Codex II. Otherwise, I can figure something else out. In the event of a 'no', do you want us to keep to standard build races (10 RP or lower) or would a low RP advanced race be acceptable, with permission?

Since it's from 3.5 and not Pathfinder, I'm gonna have to say no, especially since it's something I've never heard of before. And I would prefer if you used an official race from Paizo. However, if you're wanting to make a custom race, I'll let you take a crack at it. Take 10 points to spend, but I'll have to veto it if I think it's too bonkers.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm
Xenar1
hehehe twisted a thought occurred to me

how would the townspeople know the difference between a lycan and druid transformed? 'natural' lycans are said to have 'full control' over their forms so they wouldn't lose themselves right? thus there wouldn't be any difference between the two xd

dice: coin flip. heads 1-2; good, tails 3-4; neutral

Yes, you could attempt that, but at on the other side of the coin, what's to stop them from being trustful of a shapeshifting druid, thinking it to be a lycanthrope? You can try to spin this story, but you better have the Bluff skill to back it up : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm
iLL iNTENT
RafeRavel

Since it's from 3.5 and not Pathfinder, I'm gonna have to say no, especially since it's something I've never heard of before. And I would prefer if you used an official race from Paizo. However, if you're wanting to make a custom race, I'll let you take a crack at it. Take 10 points to spend, but I'll have to veto it if I think it's too bonkers.

Understandable, and thank you for the option to build a race - I'll probably see if I can't build something similar to the Hellbred. :3 And may I say, I look forward to playing under you! I'm thinking Paladin, though that may change.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 pm
RafeRavel

Understandable, and thank you for the option to build a race - I'll probably see if I can't build something similar to the Hellbred. :3 And may I say, I look forward to playing under you! I'm thinking Paladin, though that may change.

I don't know about hellbred but perhaps a half-fiend would be close to what your looking for? it's only a template but it might help with ideas in making your own race. it's found on the main bestiary at the bottom.

Quote:
You can try to spin this story, but you better have the Bluff skill to back it up

oh I was just sitting there thinking of the towns peoples reaction to the druid shifting. such a story would indeed need a good bluff either way you look at it  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 pm
Xenar1
RafeRavel

I don't know about hellbred but perhaps a half-fiend would be close to what your looking for? it's only a template but it might help with ideas in making your own race. it's found on the main bestiary at the bottom.

Hellbred are men who once served devils or demons, and have died. Through an excruciating process called "The Scourging", they have been given a second chance for redemption by some higher force of good. Thanks for the advice, but I have some ideas myself, and will mostly be transferring sa much as I can straight across via race system. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 pm
the one pathfinder game i was gonna be in didnt kick off, so i'm down for one...is there available space?  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm
Audio Blur
the one pathfinder game i was gonna be in didnt kick off, so i'm down for one...is there available space?

Yeah we should still have room. Go ahead and make yourself a character : P  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur

and objections to me using the ninja or gunslinger class?  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm
so one good question; dark wood armor; "Items not normally made of wood or only partially of wood (such as a battleaxe or a mace) either cannot be made from darkwood or do not gain any special benefit from being made of darkwood"

so what armors can be made of dark wood? is darkwood "scale mail" armor acceptable?

if not what armors could be? I know shields can be made of darkwood and so can most simple weapons....

edit; never mind I some normal wood armor instead.

PS: you never did say whether that bloodline could be used or not. currently I have a normal human going. edit: still I need to know this. my traits and history are dependent on this.

Cute Things In Jars rolled 4 8-sided dice: 8, 3, 5, 5 Total: 21 (4-32)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 pm
rolling for HP. Just did the math and my character from another thingy fits perfetly....just gotte redo stats and HP

8, +1 favored, +1 con = 10
8, +1 favored, +1 con = 20
3, +1 favored, +1 con = 25
5, +1 favored, +1 con = 32
5, +1 favored, +1 con = 39  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur

Pecha

here you go!
I'm writting her story as we speak  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:51 pm
Xenar1
so one good question; dark wood armor; "Items not normally made of wood or only partially of wood (such as a battleaxe or a mace) either cannot be made from darkwood or do not gain any special benefit from being made of darkwood"

so what armors can be made of dark wood? is darkwood "scale mail" armor acceptable?

if not what armors could be? I know shields can be made of darkwood and so can most simple weapons....

edit; never mind I some normal wood armor instead.

PS: you never did say whether that bloodline could be used or not. currently I have a normal human going. edit: still I need to know this. my traits and history are dependent on this.

I'm going have to say no to this whole bloodline thing. This is just too much information for me to go through for such a minor benefit, and seems a lot more convoluted than just playing an actual lycanthrope and taking the CL adjustment.

As far as armor goes, anything that would primarily be made up of flat pieces of metal could be made from darkwood, such as scale, breastplate, banded, etc.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 pm
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur

Pecha

here you go!
I'm writting her story as we speak

For your traits and drawback, could you please put down the effect each one has on your character? Just a convenience thing for anyone looking for it.

And about your alignment, you'll need to explain in your background why an evil character would care about the well-being of these survivors.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff