Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The state of Rain's games - Please read and give input! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:07 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
The archetype is in the expansion, but I suppose that works.

I'm reading up on Pet Feats. *u* So many options~<3

Not only in D&D, but in other games I run - if I don't have a hard copy, you can't have it. I have the core 2nd ed rulebook and the Ultimate Power expansion. I wouldn't count on anything beyond those.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:31 pm
Rain Yupa
Not only in D&D, but in other games I run - if I don't have a hard copy, you can't have it. I have the core 2nd ed rulebook and the Ultimate Power expansion. I wouldn't count on anything beyond those.

That's what I was asking about. I assumed it was the case.

Hmmm.... Well, it doesn't look too difficult to build it with the regular rules.
I may still have my dream Summoner yet~  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 am
I Ok so after reading the goblins comic I am now avidly, desperately wanting to play a campaign of that! Best comic I've read since "Least I could do." And "Darths and Droids"  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm
You had me on MIDNIGHT (D&D 3.5), and sold on the description. I've a never ending love for the setting and fully enjoy living in that world, for no matter how brief the campaign runs.  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:49 pm
Seph Baelzara
You had me on MIDNIGHT (D&D 3.5), and sold on the description. I've a never ending love for the setting and fully enjoy living in that world, for no matter how brief the campaign runs.

I asked for input from my current players and got very little. I may scrap Merc Work as well, which will probably open up more time for me.

I planned on running 3 of the games (which ended up being Settlers, Goblins, and Werewolf), but when I get a feel for my free time if I feel like I have more, I'll run more. That will still be on the list of possibilities smile  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:23 pm
Rain Yupa
Seph Baelzara

I asked for input from my current players and got very little. I may scrap Merc Work as well, which will probably open up more time for me.

I planned on running 3 of the games (which ended up being Settlers, Goblins, and Werewolf), but when I get a feel for my free time if I feel like I have more, I'll run more. That will still be on the list of possibilities smile

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 pm
Of those three? Might be interested in your W:tA game, but that depends on if my muse can latch onto it.
The same muse of mine that's been AWOL for a good while now. emo I really wish it'd return to me.

As much as I love the Goblins'verse, and Thunt's storytelling... I just can't get a solid hold on the DnD4e system. I'm not sure what it is, but it just doesn't mesh with me at all.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:51 pm
Seph Baelzara
Of those three? Might be interested in your W:tA game, but that depends on if my muse can latch onto it.
The same muse of mine that's been AWOL for a good while now. emo I really wish it'd return to me.

As much as I love the Goblins'verse, and Thunt's storytelling... I just can't get a solid hold on the DnD4e system. I'm not sure what it is, but it just doesn't mesh with me at all.

Well figuring players won't get a class for awhile after it begins, it's less about the 4e aspect and more about the story. Also I dislike the whole "sleep when the casters are out of spells" aspect of 3.x, and I think when they DO get classes, being a caster in 4.x pays off sooner than in 3.x, so there's more reason to play one in early game. Ultimately, THAT is why I'm choosing 4.x for this game.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:22 pm
Why not run it under DnDNext?
Sure it doesn't have Goblins for a playable race out of the (playtest) box, but that can easily be fixed by a refluffing of the halfling race.

I won't deny I don't like the 5 minute work day. That's easily my biggest gripe of 3.X. Well, as long as we're ignoring the other obvious flaws of the d20 system that WotC cultivated....  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:38 pm
Seph Baelzara
Why not run it under DnDNext?

Because I've given absolutely 0 effort or time to know anything about DnDNext ^-^' If you asked me in person what it was all I would do is shrug.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:24 pm
Okay, as a heads up for everyone for my schedule...

I normally work M-F 8:30 am til 4:30 pm. Tomorrow (Saturday) I have mandatory overtime (accounting reasons) and my shift is 4:30 am - 12:30 pm. It's not easy working those hours.

I also need to get my car registered at the DMV by June 9th. Which "sounds" simple, but those of you who've BEEN to the DMV know my concern. Also, due to my "normal" schedule, getting there on a weekday isn't really feasible. I could get it done on this Saturday, but I *work*, so I might not be able to tomorrow. I might have to get it done on Saturday June 8th.

I didn't wait this long because I procrastinated; rather, I got in an accident my first week here and I just got my car back last night. Not a SERIOUS accident, but an inconvenient one. So timing right now for me is bad.

HOWEVER - once I pass this hurdle, I have no pressing timed obligations in the foreseeable future. So as such, things are going kind of slowish right now here on the guild.

My goal on Saturday afternoon depends completely on how the DMV looks. If I can't get in and out by their 4pm closing time I won't bother. If that's the case, the Settlers audits will probably be happening then. I promised a chunk of my day Sunday at a new gaming store that just opened near my home (board games only, though), but I'll balance that with guild stuff and hopefully getting a few more chores done around the house, which involve fixing the back screen door that the previous owners trashed so I can have fresh air going into my kitchen as I need to use some potent chemicals to clean the cabinets of glue residue so I can put my dishes and such away, and my coat rack (hangs on the wall) needs to be hung with special drywall screws so it'll stop being in the middle of my floor and my doorbell needs to be replaced so I'll know when I have visitors that are too shy to knock.

The next week (M-F) should hopefully be somewhat quiet for me and you'll notice me spending more time on Gaia during that period.

Settlers WILL begin first, and Goblins probably shortly thereafter. Werewolf will come later once I clean out my previous games which seem to be lost causes since I asked for input and no one spoke of it. By "previous games I asked for input for" I guess I really only mean Merc Work.

Yeah, that's about it! Gonna eat and bed! Maybe I can get 4 hours of sleep before I have to get up sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 pm
Okay I have to do the 4:30 am thing tomorrow (Monday) too. HOPEFULLY the DMV will be less busy by 1:30-2 on a Monday afternoon. Here's hoping I can get what I needed done by then! : D  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:52 pm
DMV thing is mostly done! The hard parts!

Now I gotta wait 1 week for my insurance to clear through their check process (it will) and 2 weeks for my Nevada license to arrive in the mail! Phone calls might need to be make if these deadlines come to pass without bearing fruit, but that's it!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 pm
Agh x-x No Pathfinder game....  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:09 pm
Wesleyf
Agh x-x No Pathfinder game....

S... sorry? ._.

I've only really ever made a character in pathfinder once, and that's it. I'm not AGAINST it but I consider Pathfinder as D&D 3.75 and I prefer 4th over 3.X ninja

I'd gladly play Pathfinder if someone was running it and they still had openings after everyone else signed up who wanted to, but I'm not keen on running something I'm not that familiar with.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff