Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm
Amandelie
No promises, but the second week of January would be much more convenient than the first! (at least for me x3) I'll be looking for a new apartment in another country during the first week. @.@;;
Yes, this is almost exactly true for me as well, except replace "country" with "state!" I'm glad to hear it's not starting until the second week.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm
Shestval
Amandelie
No promises, but the second week of January would be much more convenient than the first! (at least for me x3) I'll be looking for a new apartment in another country during the first week. @.@;;
Yes, this is almost exactly true for me as well, except replace "country" with "state!" I'm glad to hear it's not starting until the second week.

Oh wow! Best of luck to both of us haha! x3 You are lucky to be switching states only, hopefully not too many far away? Another state I think I would be ok..but country..oh man, I'm in for a lot of confusion and adjustment. Love takes you crazy places. x3

Also, I think I might try to do this next year on paper..I think that would save me a lot less me fighting with my tablet..maybe buy a 100 page sketchbook and do it that way. o.o

Amandelie

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:09 pm
Amandelie

Oh wow! Best of luck to both of us haha! x3 You are lucky to be switching states only, hopefully not too many far away? Another state I think I would be ok..but country..oh man, I'm in for a lot of confusion and adjustment. Love takes you crazy places. x3

Also, I think I might try to do this next year on paper..I think that would save me a lot less me fighting with my tablet..maybe buy a 100 page sketchbook and do it that way. o.o
Yeah, I am lucky we're just changing states and not countries! It's still crazy but nothing compared to living in a whole new country. Are you at least moving to a country where you already speak the language?

I found working on paper much easier. One of the biggest advantages was that I could just draw a quick study and take a PHOTO and link that in the thread on days when I couldn't be tied to my computer!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 pm
Shestval
Amandelie

Yeah, I am lucky we're just changing states and not countries! It's still crazy but nothing compared to living in a whole new country. Are you at least moving to a country where you already speak the language?

I found working on paper much easier. One of the biggest advantages was that I could just draw a quick study and take a PHOTO and link that in the thread on days when I couldn't be tied to my computer!

Yes! I guess I am lucky there..I'm moving from Chicago to Canada so just the slang, spelling, and stuff along with metric system and celcius I'll have to adjust to. It's scary though thinking that you wont be able to just wake up and drive/walk/bike somewhere you normally would from your house for like years without even thinking about it. o.o

I just got a new camera this year so that is a good idea! It is nice not having to be tied to a computer 24/7, especially because it makes studies a lot more difficult being at a small desk area. Did you make it all 100 days last year?

Amandelie

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 am
Just thought that I'd post in here. Shest got several of us at CrissCross interested in this smile

Can the theme for the day be a guideline? Like if you lack inspiration?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 am
robot kitten
Just thought that I'd post in here. Shest got several of us at CrissCross interested in this smile

Can the theme for the day be a guideline? Like if you lack inspiration?
Heyyyy kitten! biggrin

There are 5 themes for each day and I themed the themes this time. XD So hopefully there will always be something inspiring... there is a "challenge" theme, an animal, a place, and two more abstract concepts. Also, last year people were encouraged to post requests and if you didn't want to draw any of the themes, you could draw a request. In general, as long as you can tie your drawing back to one of the themes, you're cool.

All that said, there WILL be days that nothing is inspiring at all. xp That's why I wanted to make sure there was an animal every day -- with an animal, you can just google image search and draw a quick study.

But if the theme was "chicken," you could draw a literal chicken, you could artfully photograph the roast chicken you made for dinner, you could do a pun on "why did the chicken cross the road," you could draw some kids making fun of another kid for being a coward... etc.

I figure Kai_Chi will post rules once we get a little closer to the event. smile  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

robot kitten

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 am
Shestval

Ohm, that sounds much more fun XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm
just wanted to drop in and mention that reading the posts of you guys talking about the event made my heart smile haha. Such excitement!

Art .. *sigh* heart

irismuddy

Amai_Neiko

Adorable Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm
I have nothing to do on Gaia lately and this notice on the 100 day challenge has made me super curious! I haven't been able to find all the details so I hope someone here can answer my questions. ^w^ where do we upload our pictures to for each day to show we're participating? For example would it be to a photobucket then to a thread on here? And secondly are sketches and phone pics taken of those sketches alright to submit? I work 5 outta 7 days so it may be difficult for me to submit an image especially since I'm on western time zone. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 pm
Amai_Neiko
I have nothing to do on Gaia lately and this notice on the 100 day challenge has made me super curious! I haven't been able to find all the details so I hope someone here can answer my questions. ^w^ where do we upload our pictures to for each day to show we're participating? For example would it be to a photobucket then to a thread on here? And secondly are sketches and phone pics taken of those sketches alright to submit? I work 5 outta 7 days so it may be difficult for me to submit an image especially since I'm on western time zone. ^^;
You upload the picture to your own photobucket or dA (or whatever) and then post the image in the thread. It helps the mods to post the link, too.

The requirement is to spend at least 30min on each picture, but yes, sketches are acceptable. As are crappy photos of the sketches! We understand that things come up and not everyone has a scanner or tablet. I definitely posted shitty photos of drawings for a week and a half last year because I was out of town.

The timezone thing really shouldn't be an issue... remember you can draw right before or right after the prompts go up, or anytime in between. You just have to post your drawing in the 24 hours after the challenge starts! You don't need a finished picture every day -- we definitely don't expect that! I made sure that there are plenty of "finish an earlier picture" challenges. :3  

Shestval
Vice Captain

Bilge rat

Amai_Neiko

Adorable Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:50 pm
Shestval
Amai_Neiko
You upload the picture to your own photobucket or dA (or whatever) and then post the image in the thread. It helps the mods to post the link, too.

The requirement is to spend at least 30min on each picture, but yes, sketches are acceptable. As are crappy photos of the sketches! We understand that things come up and not everyone has a scanner or tablet. I definitely posted shitty photos of drawings for a week and a half last year because I was out of town.

The timezone thing really shouldn't be an issue... remember you can draw right before or right after the prompts go up, or anytime in between. You just have to post your drawing in the 24 hours after the challenge starts! You don't need a finished picture every day -- we definitely don't expect that! I made sure that there are plenty of "finish an earlier picture" challenges. :3

Okay sweet thanks for clearing that up ^w^  
Artist Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces