Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
It's so trippy to think that... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I haven't been here in so long
  That I almost forgot to make a poll. >.>
View Results

Aaditya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:32 pm
I'm old af, joined as a junior in high school and I just decided to check in today for the hell of it...I'm 29. I went from an out of shape kid who wanted to have a six pack to a physician in physical medicine and rehabilitation who can run 6 miles and wants to have a six pack. I feel good about myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:07 pm
Aaditya
I'm old af, joined as a junior in high school and I just decided to check in today for the hell of it...I'm 29. I went from an out of shape kid who wanted to have a six pack to a physician in physical medicine and rehabilitation who can run 6 miles and wants to have a six pack. I feel good about myself.

Hey, Aadi. I'm still[i/] a clarinetist. I'm just a lot better at it than I was back in the day. Even this three years(!) ago. I've fallen in and out of love, back in it, become an alcoholic, kicked alcoholism, become a coke addict, kicked coke, haven't so much as smoked weed in four years, and now I live in NYC, and am about to embark on a classical music career...I long since graduated from Manhattan School of Music and then Juilliard.

Also, I decided to check the marketplace to see how much my inventory is worth. Holy s**t, man. I'd be a trillionaire...Go and check and see what you're worth these days.

Nexus Carbuncle

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:18 am
I can't even remember when I first joined the Suites - maybe I was 16?

Now I am 27. Work as a software developer, live with my girlfriend, I have 4 pet rats.

I was a really scrawny teen, now I got to the gym 4 days a week.

Yeah I feel good about myself to razz

Also - I'd be a Gaia billionaire now. I've got 812,700 gold (which was a lot when I was active) but selling just my Chain Wallet would net me 146 billion, lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:36 pm
I was a dorky, 13 year old middle school chump when I started here. I thought chat speak was cool and doing homework was lame.

Now I'm 23, living with my boyfriend, have a cute little dog, and a goofy cat. Graduated high school with very good grades, got accepted into college. Now,after a 2 year hiatus from school (due to health reasons), I'm finally back, changing my major from psychology to Comprehensive Medical Imaging, expected to graduate in 3 years. Finally seem to have a handle with my seizures so I can finally move forward.

I'm not where I wish I was, or where I planned to be, but I'm still going forward. And I guess that's all that matters.

I practically grew up here too. I used to ditch school work to come in here. xD  

[Smecksay Lemons]

6,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:38 pm
://syko

Jesus it's been years since i last posted, let alone when i first joined. i think i joined in, what, early 2006? Almost ten years ago? i can barely remember YESTERDAY let alone that long ago.

But i digress.

Things have changed so damn much. i was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis about two and a half years ago. Just recently finally got on disability.

After a lot of moving around, Sir and i (yes we're /still/ together lol) ended up in Kentucky, in a shitty little apartment. He's good to me, takes care of me as best He can, which i know is hard since i'm...not healthy, heh.

Most days i can get around alright, but sometimes...sometimes i have trouble getting up and going to the bathroom on my own. Which sucks.

Still play WoW, i keep trying to quit, i have actually quit a few times, but they keep sucking me back in. Damn you Blizz.

i dunno. Lots of things have changed, but so many things are still the same lol.

i only log in to Gaia once every few months to make sure they don't lock my mules again, heh. But yea. i miss you guys.

♥//kytten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 pm
Oh gosh, so long ago. I was 13 so that was 12 years ago. I stayed pretty active through high school and with age and college comes different priorities than dressing up pixels. I check in once in a while for the same reason we all probably do, for periodic updates and to just see how dead old places are now.

Now I'm 25 with a job in biochemistry/pharmaceuticals. I live in an apartment with my boyfriend of almost 4 years. I'm happy for the most part, but going through the mid-20's angst that most people in my generation are going through with regards to economic mobility and such.  

Roslin

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:03 pm
I am now 26, Engaged. We've been together for just over 4 years now!
Still living at home, but working on that a bit more with my fiance. Crossing our fingers on a job opportunity for him, which will require us to move to a different part of California. So most of what is going on in my life currently feels irrelevant and messy haha.

I think I joined Gaia when I Was 14 or 15? I joined the guild about a year after joining gaia. I know I was close in age to -most- of the guild when it was in it's prime.

I really do think of this place often. It was such a big part of my teen years. I don't know what would have happened to me if I didn't have you guys back then. Even now, I still have some of you around on facebook and tumblr and it reminds me of the times you helped or listened to me. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 pm
Violette PureHeart
Still living at home, but working on that a bit more with my fiance. Crossing our fingers on a job opportunity for him, which will require us to move to a different part of California. So most of what is going on in my life currently feels irrelevant and messy haha.

I think I joined Gaia when I Was 14 or 15? I joined the guild about a year after joining gaia. I know I was close in age to -most- of the guild when it was in it's prime.

I really do think of this place often. It was such a big part of my teen years. I don't know what would have happened to me if I didn't have you guys back then. Even now, I still have some of you around on facebook and tumblr and it reminds me of the times you helped or listened to me. <3

Aww Vi. <3 I'm so glad you're doing well! You were a big part of what made this guild feel like home.  

x_X Lethal Injection X_x

Primordial Nothing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:29 pm
I joined the guild when I was 17 I think? I was homeschooled and isolated so MSN chats with Suitehearts and late nights in ******** that ring game is called gave me something like a social life.

Aaaand I met Toast here! And moved to Atlanta to be with him after I graduated college four years ago. We were together for basically forever, but broke up last year. It was pretty amicable, I guess. We still live together, but he's moving out at the end of November, which'll be SO WEIRD. I'm renting his room out to a trans entertainer.

I got a cool job at a nonprofit theatre company, but they got a new budget and laid me off. I have a highly unsatisfying career in retail that I'm hoping to escape and extreme poverty has driven me to become a shut-in.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:20 am
Primordial Nothing
I joined the guild when I was 17 I think? I was homeschooled and isolated so MSN chats with Suitehearts and late nights in ******** that ring game is called gave me something like a social life.

Aaaand I met Toast here! And moved to Atlanta to be with him after I graduated college four years ago. We were together for basically forever, but broke up last year. It was pretty amicable, I guess. We still live together, but he's moving out at the end of November, which'll be SO WEIRD. I'm renting his room out to a drag performer.

I got a cool job at a nonprofit theatre company, but they got a new budget and laid me off. I have a highly unsatisfying career in retail that I'm hoping to escape and extreme poverty has driven me to become a shut-in.
You're in Atlanta? How cool! I live in Athens (which is super, super cheap if you ever find yourself needing to find a less expensive place to live).  

x_X Lethal Injection X_x

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:59 am
x_X Lethal Injection X_x
Violette PureHeart

Aww Vi. <3 I'm so glad you're doing well! You were a big part of what made this guild feel like home.

You are so sweet <3 Thank you!
This place was a home for all of us! This thread is a good example of that. Even though the guild hasn't been active in years, we all come back to it when we need it or miss it. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:29 pm
I joined Suites when I was 15 or 16 I think? I was another wannabe badass teen, lol. But not really that badass. Homeschooled and lacking a real life social life, Suites introduced me to some of my best friends to this day. I still frequently talk to Scrub, Vi, Mattie, and Prim. <3 I was stuck in Ohio and lacking much of a life.

Now I live in Baltimore with my boyfriend and have a little sliver of a life.  

Biohazardous Lollipop

Sunday Morning Hangover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:18 am
Whoa, it's weird that even after so many years, I see so many familiar faces in these types of threads. I haven't been all that active in about 5 years. I joined BSOP when I was 13-14, and now I'm soon to celebrate my 23rd birthday.

I went through a rough (and my first real) relationship from age 19-21, very abusive, and I'm still feeling the effects after a year since the breakup. I've since started going to weekly counselling to address some issues that stem from anger and lead to occasional violent outbursts.

On the upside, I met a wonderful girl nearly 6 months ago, and we've been inseparable ever since, but it's been a work in progress, I still need to learn how to really be in a relationship (since I was with a very controlling, manipulative narcissistic psychopath), but she's been supporting me every step of the way, and I'm on my way to recovery. We are already engaged, and I hope to start a family with her someday.

I miss a lot of you guys, and I look back to my teenage years with fond nostalgia now, and I still chat with a few of you (Bio, Rillabro and Reverend Havoc.) I'd love to chat with anyone I used to, I feel so out of touch.

I know it may not be the right thread, but I doubt it matters. You can find me on Xbox Live and Instagram as Totenhead, PSN as ZwanzigZwolf. Hope to hear from some of you guys. Take care!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:38 pm
x_X Lethal Injection X_x
Primordial Nothing

Aaaand I met Toast here! And moved to Atlanta to be with him after I graduated college four years ago. We were together for basically forever, but broke up last year. It was pretty amicable, I guess. We still live together, but he's moving out at the end of November, which'll be SO WEIRD. I'm renting his room out to a drag performer.

You're in Atlanta? How cool! I live in Athens (which is super, super cheap if you ever find yourself needing to find a less expensive place to live).

Eh, got a better job at an IT firm so I'll probably be okay for a while. Athens is cute. My adviser from college lives there and takes me out for cake when I make it up.  

Primordial Nothing

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces