Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Living together before marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm
Great choice in translations to come back with...the New World Translation.
Published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society in 1961 and used mainly by the Jehovah's Witnesses, which oddly enough used the King James until such time and only changed over due to it's employed use of archaic language (thee, thou and so forth). NWT unfortunately used Kittel's Biblia Hebraica as the master text for translating which is renown to biblical scholars to have translation errors.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:07 pm
Shadowbane_Inquisitor
Great choice in translations to come back with...the New World Translation.
Published by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society in 1961 and used mainly by the Jehovah's Witnesses, which oddly enough used the King James until such time and only changed over due to it's employed use of archaic language (thee, thou and so forth). NWT unfortunately used Kittel's Biblia Hebraica as the master text for translating which is renown to biblical scholars to have translation errors.
I'd recommend you read what I said again. Obviously you read it wrong the first time.  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 am
This is true I did misread it at first glance, to err is human. The point still remains no matter which translation of the bible is used though. I am sorry you fail to see this fact and am deeply sorry you feel the standard teachings of hundreds of thousands of Church leaders and school's are wrong and against your view's of the word of God.

I have literally hundreds of bibles in my personal collection and many more at my disposal and could go on and on about the doctrinal differences and translation policies for each of them.

I will touch on just a few of the more notable...
The New American Bible, the King James, the Darby Bible, the New Revised Standard Version, the Modern Literal Version, and the New American Standard Bible are all seen as more literal translations.

The New International Version and New Living Translation attempt to give relevant parallel idioms.

The Living Bible and The Message are both paraphrases of the Bible that try to convey the original meaning in contemporary language.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff