Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Question: that probably will not be answered Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:27 am
It is 530... and I am far too tired to continue for tonight... I know their are still some errors and not done...but tell me what you think... good bad... go back to just role playing

Juicer

Hp: D10
BAB: High
Saves: Fort and Reflex

1 Fast movement, Chemist Adapt, Focused + 4
2 Liquid power, Poison resistance +2, Poison use
3 Bonus Feat, Swift Alchemy
4 Liquid power, Favored blend
5 Poison Resistance +4, Swift poisoning
6 Bonus feat, Student Chemist
7 Steadfast Determination
8 Poison Resistance +6, Favored Blend
9 Bonus Feat
10 Poison Immunity, Legendary Chemist
11 Focused State +6
12 Bonus Feat, Favored blend
13 Master Chemist
15 Bonus Feat,
16 Favored Blend, Grandmaster Chemist
18 Instant Alchemy, Bonus Feat
20 Eternal Power, Focused State +8

Fast movement: Same as the Barbarian's level one ability

Chemist Adapt: A Juicer learns the usefulness of poisons and alchemical items. Like his brother the Alchemist; When using Craft (alchemy) to create an alchemical item, a Juicer gains a competence bonus equal to ¼ his class level on the Craft (alchemy) check(minimal +1). In addition, a Juicer can use Craft (alchemy) to identify potions as if using detect magic. He must hold the potion for 1 round to make such a check. He can use this check to prepare Chem vials

Chem Vials: are alchemical potions, that lacks a magical effect. A Juicer can only drink a single Chem vial a day, but can hold an as many as he can carry. If a Juicer drinks two Chem Vials, , or anyone who isn’t the creator Juicer drinks one, he must make a Fortitude save or become sickened for an hour per level of the creator Juicer. To make a Chem Vial, the Juicer needs 10 gold, per level of the Juicer, of supplies and pass a craft(alchemy) check(DC 10 plus Juicer’s level).

Focused state: The Juicer may drink a Chem vial and draws on the magical energy now stored in his body, mixed with his own adrenaline he learns to focus these two powerful forces to grant him a + 4 to a physical stat for a brief time (2*level + 4 + Constitution Modifier per day this isn't boosted if Constitution is the stat that gains the bonus). The physical stat can be chosen at the start of the day, but the Chem vial can be held on to and drank later in the day(like drinking a normal potion). But once the vial is drank, the focused state can’t changed until the Juicer takes an 8 hour rest.

Liquid power: The ?? learns to draw even more magical power from the chem dose. Once chosen these can't be changed, but is up to the Juicer, at the the of reassigning the bonus, if it is being used at the same time. See below

Poison Resistance: Same as Alchemist

Poison use: Same as Alchemist

Swift Alchemy: Same as the Alchemist

Bonus Feat: The Juicer’s time around weapons have proven useful, he may take a fighter feat as a bonus feat, and every 3 levels following may choice another fighter’s feat

Favored brew: The Juicer becomes addicted to a special version of Chem Vials called brews. From this point on, his chem vials will be useless to him unless if it made into a certain brew. To make a brew, he mixes a potion with the chem vial and drinks the two together. Doing so destroys the potion, but prepares two brews(except for a chem brew blend) Only certain potions can be, See below.

Student Chemist: The Juicer has learned a thing or two from his brother, and in some retrospects learned to surpass him. Potions he drinks no longer carry a max level limit, instead still level up with him. Example; a tenth level Juicer can now drink a cure light wounds potion and be healed 1d8 + 10. Also, the Juicer gains Brew potion and can now make a potion from any list, as long as he can study a written form of the spell, much like how alchemist learn new formulas for their elixers. Ranks in your craft(alchemy) count as your caster level for the purposes of qualifying for the Brew potion. And can use your Craft(alchemy) check (5 + spell level) to craft a potion

Steadfast Determination: Adds his Constitution to all saves

Swift poisoning: Same as Alchemist

Legendary Chemist: May now make Level 4 spell potions

Master Chemist: Spell-Level 5 potions

Grandmaster Chemist: Spell level 6 potions

Instant Alchemy: Same as Alchemist

Liquid Power
Split: The Juicer may now split his bonus among 2 physical stats, becoming a +2 to two stats instead of a +4. This ability can only be chosen once.

Rapid healing: While focused gains fast healing 1, this can be taken more than once every 4 levels

Focused Magic: Pick a spell from the Sorcerer/wizard's list, And the Juicer can cast it once a day in his focused state as a spell-like ability. Doing so subtracts a number of rounds he can spend in the focused state equal to the spell level. This spell must be well studied(spending at least 15 minutes studying the spell from a scroll or from an arcane spellbook) of before the Focused state is activated, and can change per day. This ability can only be chosen once.

Focus Change: At the cost of 2 rounds per one, the Juicer may change the bonus physical stat affected by his Focused state. Doing so requires a full round action. And once he leaves this focused State, the physical score changes back and he suffers fatigue for a number of round he spent in his Focused state. This ability can only be chosen once.

Hidden Potion: A Juicer can, as a free action, end a Focused state earlier than normal, and spend all of the extra rounds instantly, Doing so puts him under the effect of a cure spell with bonus points healed equal to the unused rounds. This acts as a cure light wounds spell, using the Juicer’s level as caster level. At level 5, this becomes cure moderate wounds. At Level 10 cure serious wounds, 15th cure critical wounds And at level 20 if the Juicer dies while in a focused state, he instantly loses the extra rounds and is under the effect of Breath of Life.
(was still working on these)

Favored Brew

Chem Brew:
To make a Chem Brew, it is simply mix two chem vials. The Juicer can drink the Chem brew as one vial.
At level four; his focused state changes, now he can choose two physical stats to apply the the full physical bonus to. Example: +4 to Strength and Dex (or in the case of Split, may break one of the stats in half and apply it to the third physical stat. example being; +4 to Con and +2 to Str and Dex) Your Focused State now works like Barbarian’s Rage, except what was stated. Also, You may now take Rage powers for Liquid powers.

At level Eight: after countless battles and brutalizing his own body, inside and out. The Juicer now gains damage reduction as a barbarian and

At level Twelve: can use the chemist bonus on intimidate checks. and can use intimidate on every opponent within 30 feet of you

Level 16: Gains the barbarian’s Indomitable Will

Eternal Power: now grants a +8 natural armor bonus and a +8 alchemical bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution as long as the Focused State lasts.

Quickling’s Piss(I am tired and wanted a laugh)
To make Quickling’s piss the Juicer must mix a Haste potion and a Chem Vial

At Level four: The Juicer gains a plus 2 to dex and wis, when he is in focused mode, as well as gain the monk’s Flurry blows and the monks A/C bonus(in no armor) and gain the a/c bonus to reflex saves. But, when they exit Focused State, or is attacked with a slow spell while in focused state, the Juicer is now sickened for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the focused state or the duration of the spell, Whichever the case may be(or is longer should the Juicer leave the focused state while sickened).

At level 8: The Juicer’s awareness of the battlefield grants him both Evasion and Uncanny Dodge.

At level 12: Speed... speed... speed... While in Focused State, the Juicer now adds a plus 10 to all his modes of movement, and from this point on follows the monk’s speed enhancement.

At Level 16: The Juicer’s situational awareness expands, granting him Improved Evasion and Uncanny Dodge.

Eternal Power: The Juicer gains a permanent plus 4 to dex and wisdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 am
Looks good, though I'd have made it a prestige class to make it seem like something you could use to flesh out a character, but your call and it looks good so far.

As for potion ideas I flipped through the DMG and here are a few good ones:
Energy Resistance
Barkskin(natural armor potion)
Invisibility
Blur
Skill aiding potions(like Hide or the like)
water walking/water breathing
Rage
Heroism

Those look good.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:44 pm
I don't like the health. I feel it should have high health OR a high BAB. You get a lot for the class outside of your base BAB, and with potions that can raise abilities for a short time, It would increase it to high if you chose so.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:43 pm
purest_heart
Looks good, though I'd have made it a prestige class to make it seem like something you could use to flesh out a character, but your call and it looks good so far.

As for potion ideas I flipped through the DMG and here are a few good ones:
Energy Resistance
Barkskin(natural armor potion)
Invisibility
Blur
Skill aiding potions(like Hide or the like)
water walking/water breathing
Rage
Heroism

Those look good.

I was going to make two versions... one for pathfinder... level 20 and one for 3.5 a prestige class  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:03 pm
Roilvn Whiro
I don't like the health. I feel it should have high health OR a high BAB. You get a lot for the class outside of your base BAB, and with potions that can raise abilities for a short time, It would increase it to high if you chose so.
Also a good reflex save may be unjustified. Your call though.

Edit: A withdrawal effect if the Juicer doesn't use their Chem for more than a week might be a good balancing idea. Not immediate enough to be a problem in an adventure but between it could be a problem and would make sure that Juicer has an ample supply at all times.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:05 pm
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
Reflex shows he is on a withdraw and paranoid and jumpy. I like it. kinda like an edgy person. maybe 2/1/0 for saves?  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:08 pm
Roilvn Whiro

To be honest, I was going to lower BAB I was planning on making both like the monks... but just slipped my mind last night  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro

To be honest, I was going to lower BAB I was planning on making both like the monks... but just slipped my mind last night
that and the save. Then play test him with a DM that will let you. Tweak it up and down and see how it goes.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:18 pm
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro
Reflex shows he is on a withdraw and paranoid and jumpy. I like it. kinda like an edgy person. maybe 2/1/0 for saves?

My justification for the chosen saves... one I have never seen a level 1 with a +1 in any save other class; pathfinder or Wizard make, if you can show me one from one of those two sources maybe...

Fort they are constantly poisoning their bodies for higher power, their body will adjust to the damage done
Reflex: As said earlier a jumpy person, they are a warrior and a junkie... the two means they have to be quick on their feet
Will: I have yet to find one person who is addicted to anything, able to have the will power to stop cold turkey  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:19 pm
Roilvn Whiro
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro

that and the save. Then play test him with a DM that will let you. Tweak it up and down and see how it goes.

That is the only problem... not many DM's would allow a playtest game. I have a folder of classes that no one will allow me to play, because they are homebrewed  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 pm
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro

Edit: A withdrawal effect if the Juicer doesn't use their Chem for more than a week might be a good balancing idea. Not immediate enough to be a problem in an adventure but between it could be a problem and would make sure that Juicer has an ample supply at all times.

I like the withdraw idea, but I don't like the week... Games seldom last that long to pose an issue  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:29 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro

I like the withdraw idea, but I don't like the week... Games seldom last that long to pose an issue
you play the wrong games  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro

My justification for the chosen saves... one I have never seen a level 1 with a +1 in any save other class; pathfinder or Wizard make, if you can show me one from one of those two sources maybe...

Fort they are constantly poisoning their bodies for higher power, their body will adjust to the damage done
Reflex: As said earlier a jumpy person, they are a warrior and a junkie... the two means they have to be quick on their feet
Will: I have yet to find one person who is addicted to anything, able to have the will power to stop cold turkey
I don't think there is one. I give a one cause i think a 2 is way to strong but a 0 is weak.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:35 pm
Roilvn Whiro
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro

I don't think there is one. I give a one cause i think a 2 is way to strong but a 0 is weak.
How about just a bonus... like how the swashbuckler has... that I have seen, and it is normally tied with another stat though(in the said cause ac)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:37 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
Southern Cross Nemesis
Roilvn Whiro
purest_heart
Roilvn Whiro

How about just a bonus... like how the swashbuckler has... that I have seen, and it is normally tied with another stat though(in the said cause ac)
Naw. The answer is not add more. Its play it with 2 and see if how the class feels.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff