Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
Questions and Comments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anonomous angel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:13 am
could i make like a trivia thread, where people could post questions then someone else posts what they think the answer is, it could be good  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:19 am
anonomous angel
could i make like a trivia thread, where people could post questions then someone else posts what they think the answer is, it could be good

Sure you could! We encourage anything that gets members active. 3nodding  

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200

fmafreak93

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:02 pm
about how many years does a "season" equal?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:24 pm
fmafreak93

Don't quote me on this, but it would appear through his books (especially taking Taggerung into consideration) that one season = 1 year. For example, a creature who is 15 seasons old... is like a 15 year old teenager.  

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200

Jen the Quiet
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:58 pm
I still contend that a season is a season, three months. I remember the copy of Redwall I first read from the library was like a ten-year-anniversary edition, and Jacques had written a preface and it opened with something to the effect of his writing the book "forty seasons ago."

I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:28 am
Jen the Quiet
I still contend that a season is a season, three months. I remember the copy of Redwall I first read from the library was like a ten-year-anniversary edition, and Jacques had written a preface and it opened with something to the effect of his writing the book "forty seasons ago."

I think.

Well yeah, a season is three months. When he says "season" he means a season. I was referring to how his characters age in relation to human years.  

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200

fmafreak93

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:54 am
Ashley Erin
fmafreak93

Don't quote me on this, but it would appear through his books (especially taking Taggerung into consideration) that one season = 1 year. For example, a creature who is 15 seasons old... is like a 15 year old teenager.

i know you said not to quote you on this (sorry biggrin ) and that's pretty much what i thought but thanks.
and when is a dibbun not a dibbun anymore? and do they automatically become a brother/sister or do they have to pass some sort of test in dibbun school?
these questions have baffled me for 3 years and 14 books!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:54 am
Quote:
Well yeah, a season is three months. When he says "season" he means a season. I was referring to how his characters age in relation to human years.

yes that is what i meant  

fmafreak93

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:47 pm
fmafreak93
Ashley Erin
fmafreak93

i know you said not to quote you on this (sorry biggrin ) and that's pretty much what i thought but thanks.
and when is a dibbun not a dibbun anymore? and do they automatically become a brother/sister or do they have to pass some sort of test in dibbun school?
these questions have baffled me for 3 years and 14 books!

I have no idea. Jacques is never really clear as far as age goes. I guess you could just leave that up to your own discretion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:13 pm
ok, another question (hee hee me stoopi): what's with the horse in Redwall (the book not series) that cluny and his horde were riding on in the beginning of the book? does that mean that there are other horses in the redwall world? or do you think that it was just sort of a little mistake by jacques and he realizes now that it should just like leave horses alone in the books
sorry th at last sentence was worded really weirdly, but i hope you know what i mean  

fmafreak93

Jen the Quiet
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 am
They kind of disappeared after Redwall, so I believe it's assumed there aren't really horses in the Redwall universe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:18 pm
ok good, because they just seemed weird to me  

fmafreak93

fmafreak93

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:20 pm
are there any other animls that you think shouldnt be in redwall? or animals that should but aren't?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 pm
Raccoons, beavers, chipmunks, skunks... Anything the size of a cat or fox and smaller, I imagine, really. Though Jacques did mention at some point that his exclusion of such animals wasn't because he didn't think they should be there, but because he writes about the animals he sees around regularly. So he wouldn't really include animals that he doesn't see in England.  

Ashley Erin
Vice Captain

7,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200

fmafreak93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:17 pm
Ashley Erin
Raccoons, beavers, chipmunks, skunks... Anything the size of a cat or fox and smaller, I imagine, really. Though Jacques did mention at some point that his exclusion of such animals wasn't because he didn't think they should be there, but because he writes about the animals he sees around regularly. So he wouldn't really include animals that he doesn't see in England.

yeah i think i read about that on redwall.org
does anybody here have the cookbook?  
Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas