Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
The Olympics are here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who are you rooting for?
  Barton!
  Durem!
  Aekea!
  Gambino?
View Results

smarterish

Fashionable Smoker

1,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 pm
Cigarette Troll
Ned-san

Nevermind I tried the second link and worked for me. I completely failed at it though XP

yush i noes rites? wen u cliks on screan it dusn't do wut u wans.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 pm
Ebony the Peacian
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Go team Gambino! I'll have to dress up into my spirited avatar once I get home from work tonight. smile

yay! goes gumbenos! gumbino gurls r bist!  

smarterish

Fashionable Smoker

1,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Neddog

Distinct Perfectionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 pm
Got the same score for Aekea as I did for Durem, just 12... That sea goddess has the special powers, lol. But overall the game is a lot less laggy and easier to play now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 pm
20 is the max? Lucky I read this before trying to beat my initial score of 20 xd

EDIT: But I didn't get my achievement. WTF  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm
maui boy no ka oi
20 is the max? Lucky I read this before trying to beat my initial score of 20 xd

Was just gonna say that too.. I didn't get my achievement D: I'm sure hoping it'll come later.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:15 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
maui boy no ka oi

Was just gonna say that too.. I didn't get my achievement D: I'm sure hoping it'll come later.
I just beat it again with a score of 20 and it gave me the achievement when I visited the event page razz  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:49 pm
Great job, Maui and Kiwi!

So far I've only gotten one 20 (for Barton), and my next best is still 16 (for Durem).

Here's another link for you guys, from somebody else trying to keep up with links to the games... if you don't see a link here then maybe look in this thread:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/all-games-in-one-thread-oh-my/t.81103227_1/

I guess it's going to be one game every other day for a total of 5 games. The event is supposed to end July 31st, so you'll have plenty of time to catch up. Two days to play just one game is a little long if you ask me... There was SO much more to do last Olympics!

PS - Go Durem!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:59 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Kyuui Kiwi
maui boy no ka oi

I just beat it again with a score of 20 and it gave me the achievement when I visited the event page razz

Ooh nice. I didn't replay it, just went to the page and it granted me the achievement woop. *highfive*. Thanks for letting me know xd  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-sama

Dapper Perfectionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm
Go Barton! All the good folk come from Barton. wink

Wish me luck, I'm gonna go drop.

Oddly enough, the trophy doesn't show up in my banner. I'm going to check on my settings... I had to enter the event page through the event forum instead.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:33 pm
Ned-sama
Go Barton! All the good folk come from Barton. wink

Wish me luck, I'm gonna go drop.

Oddly enough, the trophy doesn't show up in my banner. I'm going to check on my settings... I had to enter the event page through the event forum instead.

Not just you, I noticed it too. I just manually typed the link to the event page.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-sama

Dapper Perfectionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:55 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Not just you, I noticed it too. I just manually typed the link to the event page.

Weird. I can't see anything blocked in my settings either. Some accounts must be glitched...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:02 pm
I guess the missing trophy link had nothing to do with the account. It's missing now from all of my accounts. Maybe removing it is part of Gaia's strategy to reduce lag? Hopefully. wink

*EDIT: It's all back to normal now.

So I discovered an interesting trick with this game. Apparently it uses the actual dimensions of your usable avatar (ie, what's actually on your avi). So if you have a larger avi or one with pieces sticking out, then you can get hit on your trailing pieces, but you can also reach out and grab the flying heads easier. On the other hand, a smaller avi will allow you to dodge things and keep from getting hit, but also makes catching heads more difficult.

So try to find a happy medium. If you have any transformation items, then they can be really useful. You can turn yourself into a tiny frog and never get hit for instance (I tried two sizes of frogs though, and found them too small to catch lanzers with), or you can find something a little bigger that's streamlined to your taste. Overly large avis are greatly disadvantaged in this game. I tried the raptor transformation was able to get a 20, but not entirely easily. The raptor's beak was awesome for snatching lanzers out of the air and eating them, but the raptor's long, trailing tail was the disadvantage to getting hit.

If anybody finds a great transformation that works for this game, let us know. wink I find it's best to have something sticking out from your leading side, but nothing sticking out from your trailing side. Remember that the avi does turn to move in the direction you aim it.

I had a heck of a time getting my centaur through, lol!  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100