Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Vile Darkness (STILL RECRUITING 5/6) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I want to allow Themes in this game. You up for that?
  Yay, Themes!
  No themes, please.
View Results

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:36 pm
My completed character sheet Eve, Warforged Warlock. Now back to sea.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:44 am
Kowsauni

She looks great. I do wonder though, as your backstory mentions in no way how she forged a pact with sorcerer-kings of Athas.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 am
Ok, basically got everything except miscellaneous items down. I'm confused now, since you mentioned the sorcerer kings of athas, which campaign setting is this? I don't have the Vile Darkness book, is it a setting all it's own? The little I'd read on its description seemed to just mostly have themes rather than an entire new setting, but like I said, I haven't read it.

Quetrian, Eladrin Paladin of Avandra (That's a lot of "d"s lol)

edit: ok, so, apparently gremlins ate my save, I had a background and appearance in there, and now it's gone. I'll try to retype it up later.....  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 pm
I hate the backspace wielding goblins.  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:33 pm
KytanaTheThief

Letter count:
A = 7
D = 3
E = 2
F = 1
I = 3
L = 2
N = 4
O = 1
P = 1
Q = 1
R = 3
T = 1
U = 1
V = 1

neutral  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:40 pm
KytanaTheThief
Ok, basically got everything except miscellaneous items down. I'm confused now, since you mentioned the sorcerer kings of athas, which campaign setting is this? I don't have the Vile Darkness book, is it a setting all it's own? The little I'd read on its description seemed to just mostly have themes rather than an entire new setting, but like I said, I haven't read it.

edit: ok, so, apparently gremlins ate my save, I had a background and appearance in there, and now it's gone. I'll try to retype it up later.....

I mentioned in my first post that the story takes place in the Nentir Vale described in the DMG. Kowasuni just chose a class option that appears in the Dark Sun book.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:31 pm
See, I looked up Nentir Vale, and that's what I thought, but that part confused me lol. So cool.

Also, Rain: Shyaddup, he's a glorified elf, 'course there's gonna be a shitton of A's in there. I was referring to how pronounced the "d" sound is when you say the whole thing.

edit: Ok, typed in the background, it's not as good as what I had before, but I'm half tired, and it's mostly the same, just worded slightly differently. So yeah, maybe I'll actually get around to buying the miscellaneous stuff tomorrow XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:35 am
KytanaTheThief
See, I looked up Nentir Vale, and that's what I thought, but that part confused me lol. So cool.

Also, Rain: Shyaddup, he's a glorified elf, 'course there's gonna be a shitton of A's in there. I was referring to how pronounced the "d" sound is when you say the whole thing.

edit: Ok, typed in the background, it's not as good as what I had before, but I'm half tired, and it's mostly the same, just worded slightly differently. So yeah, maybe I'll actually get around to buying the miscellaneous stuff tomorrow XD

Y'know, eladrin have no distaste for combat. They all learn how to use the longsword after all, and most have a long history of repelling fomorian attacks.

Unless he's more into wrasslin  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:36 am
Yeah, I'm talking "I'm gonna pounce and beat the s**t outta you with any means necessary" type fighting. Not "I challenge you to a duel" lol. Only because I didn't want to deal with grappling did I not make him an unarmed char.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:26 pm
Arc Vembris
Kowsauni

She looks great. I do wonder though, as your backstory mentions in no way how she forged a pact with sorcerer-kings of Athas.

I relayed this message to him, and this is what he said:

Kowsauni
I wrote her back-story in a bit of a rush and forgot to mention her pact. Game mechanically it's the sorcerer-king pact. But thematically as far as the story is concerned her pact was bestowed upon her by powerful sorcerers at the forge where she was created as a means to carry out her role as a protector of the master's daughter.

AlphabetFish

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm
AlphabetFish
Arc Vembris
Kowsauni

I relayed this message to him, and this is what he said:

Kowsauni
I wrote her back-story in a bit of a rush and forgot to mention her pact. Game mechanically it's the sorcerer-king pact. But thematically as far as the story is concerned her pact was bestowed upon her by powerful sorcerers at the forge where she was created as a means to carry out her role as a protector of the master's daughter.

Hmm, that could work from a kings-of-a-dying-empire sort of way. she's an artifact of a different time when people would just wither stuff up will nilly  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:18 pm
Since Warlock got nabbed I figured I'd enter in something off-tankish. I just want to make sure mechanics and stuff are right and then I'll work on the background and stuff. I already got an idea of what I'd like to do, but yeah, we need more tanky Eladrins.

Sicili, Eladrin Swordmage  

Absolute Virtue

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 am
Ladies and gentlemen, we are go for themes! Please choose a theme to add to your character during creation. I'd prefer you not to choose Dark Sun or Neverwinter themes since those are more setting-specific, but you may if those are the only sources you have.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:34 am
Just because I've never used them, which books have themes? Aside from Dark Sun and Neverwinter, of course lol.

edit: nvm, looked them up and downloaded everything lol, including the articles.

double edit: looks like mercenary is about the only one that doesn't make me go "ehhh......." lol. So...boastful paladin mercenary, get! XD  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:24 pm
BegrudginglyGood
I'm trying to work out a Half-Elf Sorcerer/Paladin

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405401

I just have to refine the spells/feats a bit and get a history worked out.

Actually, if anyone has played a sorcerer before, could they PM me their ideas on the feats and spells to take? And themes if you know of them.

I'm in brain block mode between work at the moment.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff