Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 pm
Shram
Taeryyn
Gaia isn't really PG-13, though. That term gets tossed around, but it doesn't have any real bearing on what content is and isn't allowed.

Talking about sex and sexual relationships isn't against the rules, so long as the content isn't overly explicit or advocating some sort of abuse or criminal activity.

Right but the content tends to get argumentative as people's views clash

Agreed.

Anyway, my post was actually in response to Erv. I just meant that the OP didn't post anything that would warrant a warning.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:48 pm
Taeryyn
Shram
Taeryyn
Gaia isn't really PG-13, though. That term gets tossed around, but it doesn't have any real bearing on what content is and isn't allowed.

Talking about sex and sexual relationships isn't against the rules, so long as the content isn't overly explicit or advocating some sort of abuse or criminal activity.

Right but the content tends to get argumentative as people's views clash

Agreed.

Anyway, my post was actually in response to Erv. I just meant that the OP didn't post anything that would warrant a warning.

hmm I should read the thingy we all agreed too... see what the rules actually are.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:51 pm
Taeryyn

Still, Tae, there has to be better places/people to talk to about such things. Friends, family, anyone but random strangers on the Internet.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:52 pm
Erverain
Taeryyn

Still, Tae, there has to be better places/people to talk to about such things. Friends, family, anyone but random strangers on the Internet.

I don't know.. sometimes random strangers are the best since they will never see you again.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 pm
Most of it is pretty much common sense stuff. Don't troll, don't flame, don't stalk, don't harass, don't encourage illegal activities, don't hack, etc, etc, etc. Basically, don't be a p***k.

I'd also recommend reading (or at least skimming) the actual thread that GRM is referring to, if you haven't already. Here

Erverain
Taeryyn

That's a whole other discussion, man. blaugh I can't imagine talking to my family about eating out my girlfriend. Friends, maybe, but sometimes people want an unbiased opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:56 pm
heh... complicated issue  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:16 pm
...Is it bad that for some of those people in that thread, I just want to say they might be frigid?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 pm
probably more correct then bad.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:20 pm
It would probably still be rather tactless, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:43 pm
I never threw around insults.. I simply asked if they were a retard, and then stated my opinion that they are an idiot... Because they are an idiot.

WHY IS IT WRONG TO CALL SOMEONE ON THEIR STUPIDITY?? gonk

Do you remember the time when you could out right tell someone that they were the dumbest person walking around on the earth? I remember... I remember...

I too got started in the GD, when it was full of proper conversations. The ED was for the more philosophical, scientific, political, and whatever else would be an indepth discussion would go there. Now I bet if I go there I'll see "My boyfriend left me waaaaaa" or "the world is ending.. noooo" or " aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 11111111" *twitch*

Edit: I caution you should you decide to read that article! There is so much sexist bullshit... And people wonder why I hate women.

Apparently my college teachers don't like when I call them on their stupidity either.

SO. MUCH. HATE!  

God-Raped-Me

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm
Well, GRM, I just finished reading that thread, and I don't know what disappoints me more; the fact that they never actually helped the guy, or the fact that it just went into shitflinging over who was right and why feminism in general is stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
GRM, if you really can't understand why someone would find your posts offensive and insulting, I'm not sure what to tell you.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm
Oh no Tay, I understand, it just saddens me that people just can't take s**t like that any more but feel they can dish it all out. Also the fact that they didn't even bother to look s**t up for themselves. If they don't believe me then that's fine, but don't ******** tell me I'm wrong when I'm not and I have a s**t ton of evidence behind me.

That's one thing I've always loved about this guild, people will take the time to listen and look up information on their own, they don't need to be told to go look s**t up. I heart the ATG

Erv, it pissed me off too that no one was trying to actually help this poor guy. That's why I said at the end of my post that he shouldn't be forced to give his girlfriend oral, and that he was in an abuse relationship. Near the beginning there were people trying to "help" him but they were just the bitches, for the most part, who thought what was happening was okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:35 pm
Calling people stupid is ruuude, tsk tsk.

City folks just don't know how to take insults well.  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Celestial Burden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:44 pm
So... for one, did someone actually try to claim that hysteria is a real, actual, legitimate condition? Because holy s**t, that is ridiculous.
Second, asking someone to do a little extra to help you out isn't bad, but flipping out when suggestions are made to you and guilting someone into ANY form of sex IS wrong. What even is wrong with these people?
Third, this is why I don't go into the GD ever.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff