Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Bisexual, but saved? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noob of Legend

Beloved Noob

6,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:23 pm
Br1ttana
Noob of Legend
Br1ttana
Noob of Legend
The bible says alot of things, quite a few of which we don't follow anymore because the times have changed. But if you really want me to give you bible quotes about why love is good, even if it's between a man and a man or a woman, then I'll be happy to oblige. I john 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." I john 4:16 "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." You can throw all the antigay quotes you want, but you cannot deny the power of these words... God is a god of love, never forget that. Even if it's a sin, couldn't he forgive us if its done out of love? I understand that you may all think that it's wrong, but if you think a little harder, couldn't you finally understand that there is nothing wrong with love??? I want to find love, and I don't care how many people tell me I cannot...

*The love that these verses speak of, the holy pure love of God, is different than 'that' kind of love. A man loving a woman in 'that' way is different than how you would love your parent, siblings, friends, a homeless person out on the street, an orphaned child, any person you know or don't know.

"In the Greek New Testament, there are three different words used which can be translated by the English word "love":

agapê (love, charity) and words derived from it

philia (friendship, love) and words derived from it

storgê (natural affection), only as astorgos (lacking natural affection) in Ro.1:31 and 2Tim.3:3.

The translations given in parentheses are those one would find most often as explanations of the difference between these words. It should not be taken for granted that these renderings are indeed correct in all contexts.

A fourth Greek word for "love", eros (attraction, sexual love) is not found in the Greek NT, neither the word itself nor as root of another word."Reference

*Look at verses that specifically talk about the types of relationships you are talking about. Verses on marriage, and such. If you notice, those verses always speak in terms of a man and woman relationship. Basically implying that is what the Lord wants. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so specific, yes? It would be simply, Ex:"1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each person should have their own spouse." But the verse is "1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband."
I am saddened to hear that even the very Captain is against everything I am about... Sexual immorality is just another way of saying lust, but that's not what homosexuality is about for me... :/ I want to find love, and yes I want to find it with another male. If God himself tells me not to do it, I'll reluctantly accept the news, and if he is ok with it then I'll gladly see you up in heaven and I hope you wouldn't have a problem with it...

--Pre...warning? sweatdrop I REALLY hope my post doesn't come off...Off-putting? I posted this as lightly as I could, because I really do love and care about you. If you want to continue in your opinion, then I can not stop you. I can only tell you what I feel the Lord has taught me through His word and other sources from Him over the years. If I see you in Heaven, then I guess we were all wrong and I will give you a huge hug. ^_^ <3 --

If I see you up in heaven, then of course I won't have a problem with it, because if you're up there then obviously the Lord said "Come on in. Good and Faithful servant."

I love you as I am supposed to love everyone. Jesus loved everyone regardless of what they done or were doing to the point of eating with people that, even though it never says this in the Bible, I am sure probably made the pharisees faint in public. My own doctor is lesbian who is married to her partner who has her own kid. I would never think of going to someone else simply because she feels that way. She's a great doctor and it has no influence on her work or who she is.

However, I know that it is a sinful temptation. Just simply feeling those types of feeling in and of itself is not a sin. If I feel a desire to sleep with a guy, would that make me sinning? If I looked at him lustfully however, Jesus mentions that specifically. If I felt like stabbing a knife into my heart or anyone else's, would I immediately be sinning? If I walked out with a few purses because I didn't remember I had them on my shoulder and the store clerk didn't notice them, but I felt like keeping this 'free deal', would I be sinning? These would all be temptations, that I do something about. I either act upon them or I turn to the Lord and do what is right in His eyes. I say "NO!" to my desires to sleep with that man until I am in a marriage with him. I say "No!" to that desire to pick up that knife and walk away. I say "No!" to that desire to drive away with those 'free' purses, and walk back in to the clerk to tell her my mistake, then proceed to pay for them.

We look to the Lord and see what he sees as good in His eyes. What he tells us specifically in His word is what is good and bad for us. Not because he has fun throwing a bunch of rules at us. But because he wants us to have healthy, God fearing lives, that will reap us an eternal reward of being with Him in heaven forever and ever. That's why He gives us the Bible. It is our instruction book for life. B=Basic I=Instructions B-Before L-Leaving E=Earth.

I have heard of people coming to the Lord, including the OP who WANT to turn away from this. If it wasn't bad, if it was perfectly alright, then why would it bother them in the first place? Why would they WANT help turning away from it? And why would God be so specific in His wording in the Bible? Why would they feel so convicted of such a thing? Not only this, but I have heard of these people being successful in turning away from this. They have asked the Lord to save them from what they(not me or anyone else, but they) feel is hurting their relationship with the Lord and the Lord does help them. Again, if there wasn't a problem, then there wouldn't be these situations, yes? I'm just thinking logically here. sweatdrop

Everyone wants someone in their life. But Paul says that it's better to be single than married, because instead of focusing on that relationship, you will be focusing on strengthening your relationship with the Lord. Not saying that you shouldn't get married, (the verse I mentioned in my previous post proves that) but just that not everyone does need to get married or is going to get married. Perhaps the Lord has an even better plan for them that would get complicated with a family or would simply cause too many distractions for them to stay true to His word and plan. Maybe, he has a stronger purpose for the OP than to get married to man or woman.

--I REALLY hope my post doesn't come off...Off-putting? I posted this as lightly as I could, because I really do love and care about you. If you want to continue in your opinion, then I can not stop you. I can only tell you what I feel the Lord has taught me through His word over the years. If I see you in Heaven, then we were all wrong. <3 -- and peace truly. *Offers a hug?* : )
Well thank you for responding so kindly. smile I feel most gay christians try to turn straight because they are taught that it is wrong, so of course they would try to change. I like that you used logical reasoning, but it can be used for anything really. In this world logic isn't everything I'm afraid, faith is. And that message has been lost to the world, but thats not what our discussion is about, sorry to get off track for a second... I have heard of christians that tried to change but they can't, no matter how much they pray and try. And I dom't want to be like that...it must be stressful and heartbreaking. sad And I also have heard Paul's opinion on marriage and bachelorhood...and the thing is, I'm not sure I have the strength to follow throigh on that. I'm only a teenager, I'm sure I haven't even lived a third of my life yet...I can't imagine becoming an old man and not having love... I can't imagine going through all those years without romantic love. Like I said before, if God tells me to stop, I'll stop...but there is no other way I would stop looking for a partner. Also, I'll gladly accept your hug, and if God lets me into heaven I'd accept that hug too. smile No matter what I plan on getting into heaven, so if I seem happy then be happy for me because it all turned out in my favor... But if I seem sad ( a fancier word is melancholy) then you'll know I had to sacrifice my sexuality. smile So, thank you for being so kind in your reply. I hope we can be good friends. If it pleases you, could you make me crew or something? You seem like such a nice person, I want to help you in any way I can with this guild or whatever else.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:32 pm
xxEverBluexx
Noob of Legend
Br1ttana
Noob of Legend
The bible says alot of things, quite a few of which we don't follow anymore because the times have changed. But if you really want me to give you bible quotes about why love is good, even if it's between a man and a man or a woman, then I'll be happy to oblige. I john 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." I john 4:16 "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." You can throw all the antigay quotes you want, but you cannot deny the power of these words... God is a god of love, never forget that. Even if it's a sin, couldn't he forgive us if its done out of love? I understand that you may all think that it's wrong, but if you think a little harder, couldn't you finally understand that there is nothing wrong with love??? I want to find love, and I don't care how many people tell me I cannot...

*The love that these verses speak of, the holy pure love of God, is different than 'that' kind of love. A man loving a woman in 'that' way is different than how you would love your parent, siblings, friends, a homeless person out on the street, an orphaned child, any person you know or don't know.

"In the Greek New Testament, there are three different words used which can be translated by the English word "love":

agapê (love, charity) and words derived from it

philia (friendship, love) and words derived from it

storgê (natural affection), only as astorgos (lacking natural affection) in Ro.1:31 and 2Tim.3:3.

The translations given in parentheses are those one would find most often as explanations of the difference between these words. It should not be taken for granted that these renderings are indeed correct in all contexts.

A fourth Greek word for "love", eros (attraction, sexual love) is not found in the Greek NT, neither the word itself nor as root of another word."Reference

*Look at verses that specifically talk about the types of relationships you are talking about. Verses on marriage, and such. If you notice, those verses always speak in terms of a man and woman relationship. Basically implying that is what the Lord wants. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so specific, yes? It would be simply, Ex:"1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each person should have their own spouse." But the verse is "1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband."
I am saddened to hear that even the very Captain is against everything I am about... Sexual immorality is just another way of saying lust, but that's not what homosexuality is about for me... :/ I want to find love, and yes I want to find it with another male. If God himself tells me not to do it, I'll reluctantly accept the news, and if he is ok with it then I'll gladly see you up in heaven and I hope you wouldn't have a problem with it...

I think the point here was that you were saying that God's in support of love. What's being pointed out is that He's not. There's different kinds of love, and I've seen examples where any kind of love that isn't agape can get in between a person and God. If you're parents or your friends or your spouse are more important to you than Him, though you might love them, that's wrong. (Luke 14:26)

That being said, we all sin. It's a fact of our lives. I know of at least one area in my life that still needs cleaning up that I haven't let go of yet. God's our Father and He allows us time to grow and change. He brings us through seasons in order to break off sinful behaviors from us. So whether you believe homosexuality is wrong or not, why don't you ask Him to reveal your faults to you and show you what He wants you to change? You don't have to hear homosexuality is a sin from us; as long as your life is completely surrendered to Him, He'll keep you on the path of righteousness. ^_^
O've asked God to show me if its wrong or not, so maybe I'm either too stupid to see the signs or there are no signs... And I've stated before I'd give my sexuality up for God if he asked me to, so the sin you've stated is nothing to do with me... I will follow him, even if he asked me not to be gay, because he is my God and I must obey. So, I'll give you a nice bear hug in heaven if being gay turns out to be ok. And if not, then thank you for saying what you've said without judgement. smile  

Noob of Legend

Beloved Noob

6,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 am
Noob of Legend
I don't think it's wrong at all. Lust is a sin, not love. If you take a look at gay couples and lesbian couples, often times you can see true joy in them. God created Eve for Adam because only a man and a woman can reproduce, not because its only right for men and women to be together. Think about it, if God can cast away demons and take away temptation, then why are so many of us that are saved still attracted to our same sex? No matter the amount of prayers you give to God, your sexuality is as much a part of you as your flesh which God gave unto you. God is a God of love and mercy, if he sees the true joyful love between two men would he really stand in their way?

Actually, homosexuality is immoral; and the Bible does not agree with it at all. I've created a website on webs.com so that I don't have to keep typing enormous paragraphs. haha. Here it is: Christianity and Homosexuality.

If you disagree with anything there...then I guess we can start the conversation from that point....but I've used a good portion of Scripture just so you know.

Hope you come to an understanding of the truth. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am
If this is still something that is a struggle for you, then know that I am certainly in prayer for you! biggrin

Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Romans 8:31-37 --> 31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

Psalm 121:1-2 -->
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Matthew 21:22 - If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

God bless. smile  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:56 am
As for your questions.....

How is homosexuality a sin? Check out this place right here: Chrisitanity and Homosexuality.

Why are both sexes so different? See, that's the thing. God made man and woman in a very odd fashion..... Man thinks one way, woman the other; man has physical strength, woman has inner strength. It's weird....but it's a beautiful. Man completes woman and woman completes man. They're both two halves of the same shell. I imagine that one reason why God made man and woman the way He did was so that we could observe His beautiful masterpiece when the two "become one flesh" (Genesis 2:24/Ephesians 5:31).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:08 pm
its good to know that you understand that it is a sin. If i can help in anyway pleas let me know, but these verses may help.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Kozmog

O.G. Conventioneer

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:08 pm
My thought was always that if it was wrong, why were you born that way? God can't send you to hell for being born with that mentality. You can't be born to be punished.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 pm
What causes the condition?  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

iArchduke Franz Ferdinand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm
Wooglegoo_aka_Boo
First off, this is a secondary account. I am posting it from this account so that my identity is hidden and stuff.

Anyway, let's just get to the chase shall we? I'm bisexual. I am indeed a male. I have been struggling with this ever since I was a child! I did not know it was wrong because no one ever told me. Christ is now in my life, but I am still struggling with this sin. YES, being homosexual is a sin. How so? Well God created man and then created women to be a mans companionship (if that makes sense). If God saw that it was okay for man to be with man or women to be with women, why did he make both completely different sexes? Anyway, I know it's wrong and I'm trying not to act upon this sin ): It's tough. I don't know what else to say... I need help. Maybe encourage, Bible verses, and prayer will help. Thanks. Ask me questions if you will in a pm or here. I am willing to answer openly and honestly.

Sorry to tell you this, but God won't allow you to get 10 ft to the Gates of Heaven.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 pm
TemStafari
My thought was always that if it was wrong, why were you born that way? God can't send you to hell for being born with that mentality. You can't be born to be punished.

Know one is born a homosexual. Being a homosexual is a choice granted by the person.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 pm
I can choose to be gay? neutral I don't understand why one would want to be.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 pm
Wooglegoo_aka_Boo
First off, this is a secondary account. I am posting it from this account so that my identity is hidden and stuff.

Anyway, let's just get to the chase shall we? I'm bisexual. I am indeed a male. I have been struggling with this ever since I was a child! I did not know it was wrong because no one ever told me. Christ is now in my life, but I am still struggling with this sin. YES, being homosexual is a sin. How so? Well God created man and then created women to be a mans companionship (if that makes sense). If God saw that it was okay for man to be with man or women to be with women, why did he make both completely different sexes? Anyway, I know it's wrong and I'm trying not to act upon this sin ): It's tough. I don't know what else to say... I need help. Maybe encourage, Bible verses, and prayer will help. Thanks. Ask me questions if you will in a pm or here. I am willing to answer openly and honestly.

Sorry to tell you this, but God won't allow you to get 10 ft to the Gates of Heaven.

I'm sorry, but are you God? Is it our job to judge and to make the decision if someone will go to Heaven or not? This person is obviously repentant and acknowledges his sin. He is asking for help in following Jesus, and turning away from his sin. The Lord truly knows his heart, but from as much as I am able to see, I see someone who does want to follow and live a life for Jesus which will lead him into the gates of Heaven. Are you without any sin? Following Jesus does not make you a perfect person. "Whoever is without sin may cast the first stone." He cleanses you from all sin, and makes you white as snow, as if you never have sinned; but that does not keep you from sinning. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us and help us make good judgements to keep away from a life of sin, but we might still stumble and fall sometimes.

In response to your other statement about homosexuals; I don't know the circumstances in which they become that way, no one really does. Only the Lord knows exactly how this all comes to be, but I don't think they are born that way. As many people have pointed out, an infant doesn't know anything of sexual desires. But how do you explain the children being bullied in school, hiding what they feel, and trying to change what they feel because they DON'T want to feel that way but whatever they do they can't? Because, they DON'T want to be bullied and rejected by their peers and own family members? I do believe that it is a sin to give in to those desires, as it is to give into any temptation, but maybe there is more? Someone here on Gaia said they found extremely rude that people would consider it a mental disorder, but again I don't know. I do know that the Lord can overcome EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. He can defeat your sin whatever it is.

Noob of Legend does concern me though, in his response to this topic. My answer to him quite a while ago could have been much better. I haven't been thinking clearly as of late to be honest which is why that help guild announcement got put out. : (  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:14 am
Br1ttana
Wooglegoo_aka_Boo

I'm sorry, but are you God? Is it our job to judge and to make the decision if someone will go to Heaven or not? This person is obviously repentant and acknowledges his sin. He is asking for help in following Jesus, and turning away from his sin. The Lord truly knows his heart, but from as much as I am able to see, I see someone who does want to follow and live a life for Jesus which will lead him into the gates of Heaven. Are you without any sin? Following Jesus does not make you a perfect person. "Whoever is without sin may cast the first stone." He cleanses you from all sin, and makes you white as snow, as if you never have sinned; but that does not keep you from sinning. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us and help us make good judgements to keep away from a life of sin, but we might still stumble and fall sometimes.

In response to your other statement about homosexuals; I don't know the circumstances in which they become that way, no one really does. Only the Lord knows exactly how this all comes to be, but I don't think they are born that way. As many people have pointed out, an infant doesn't know anything of sexual desires. But how do you explain the children being bullied in school, hiding what they feel, and trying to change what they feel because they DON'T want to feel that way but whatever they do they can't? Because, they DON'T want to be bullied and rejected by their peers and own family members? I do believe that it is a sin to give in to those desires, as it is to give into any temptation, but maybe there is more? Someone here on Gaia said they found extremely rude that people would consider it a mental disorder, but again I don't know. I do know that the Lord can overcome EVERYTHING and ANYTHING. He can defeat your sin whatever it is.

Noob of Legend does concern me though, in his response to this topic. My answer to him quite a while ago could have been much better. I haven't been thinking clearly as of late to be honest which is why that help guild announcement got put out. : (

You either believe the truth or not. I'm telling the truth and everything I say is in the bible and is what God has said. If you don't believe me than you are truly ignorant and destined to the path of fire and destruction  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:31 pm

This post, and VK Fox's post directly below it in this thread
in a sub-forum in this guild.

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Christian friends