Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fantastic Realities: Reboot [4E] - FULL Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm
Ina Sparrowhawk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 pm
Vampfighter1

Just as a note, be careful about copy/pasting text straight from the books. The text recognition on some of them isn't that great, and you can end up with a garbled mess. (Look at your "Pixie Dust" power for an example)  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:57 pm
I'll fix it later.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 pm
Aaaaand basically done. All that's left is to pick out exactly what mundane equipment I want and figure out how much gold I have left, but that's trivial stuff.

So, to recap so you don't have to go back a page: Kytana, Halfling Rogue  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 pm
Wow, filled in less than 2 hours! That has to be a record?

Sorry to Suicide Soldier, but for this campaign I definitely don't want more that 6 PC's. It'd be too cluttered that way. Hope you didn't start a character or anything.

I'll start audits after I catch up with all my games, if not tomorrow. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 pm
KytanaTheThief
Aaaaand basically done. All that's left is to pick out exactly what mundane equipment I want and figure out how much gold I have left, but that's trivial stuff.

So, to recap so you don't have to go back a page: Kytana, Halfling Rogue
Your sheet looks perfect to me! mrgreen Just need to add 52g, unless you wanted to spend any of that (Thieves' Tools? Adventuring Kit?).

I liked reading a background in 1st person, because it's meant to be you, it made it more believable. Gold star for you! You can await a PM when we start playing to tell you a short history of what's happened so far in game (don't worry, we really didn't get that far), along with how you meet up with the party.  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:24 pm
Vampfighter1

I hate to do this to you... But Tiny creatures can't wield Full Blades. sweatdrop They take the same rule as small characters, that is you can't wield a two handed weapon, but can still wield versatile weapons using 2 hands (though without the +1 bonus). Maybe try a Bastardsword (though you'll be down to d10 not d12) or a waraxe (keep the d12 but go down to +2prof) instead? Conveniently they're all the same price.

Also you should get 8 Surges a day, not 7.

Technically it's called Resistive Formula, not Admixture, but it doesn't really effect the game, just something I noticed. >.<

Forgot your languages.

Other than that you're done. I loved your background by the way. Chemistry student to Artificer, it seems so perfect! xd

joe-dude667
You can await a PM when we start playing to tell you a short history of what's happened so far in game (don't worry, we really didn't get that far), along with how you meet up with the party.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Ah, that was what I was referring to when I said i still needed to buy mundane equipment lol. I don't consider weapons and armor mundane (even though I know mechanically they are). I've got to head to bed early tonight, so it prob won't get done till tomorrow afternoon, but it's just typical provisions stuff, like the kit (and prob like you said, thieves tools), etc.

Also, glad you liked the background. About the only way I feel comfortable writing first person is as myself, so I was glad for the chance lol  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 pm
Sorry, after looking back I realise I just totally ignored that sentence. sweatdrop

In which case I'll just call it perfect and give you an extra gold star for my stupidity. Probably means I should go to sleep, got to get up in 4 hours. =/  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:21 pm
Before I edit, I'm gonna argue one point. The shrink Power.
Doesn't it allow any item meant for a medium or small character fit in their hands?  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 am
Vampfighter1
Doesn't it allow any item meant for a medium or small character fit in their hands?

See the racial feature Wee Warrior above. "When wielding a weapon of your size, you follow the same rules that Small creatures do." Shrink makes the weapon scaled to you, but in that context Wee Warrior applies. You're still treated as a small creature in regards to the weapon.

Yes, it's a little strange that you could shrink a fullblade but not enough to use, but it's all an effort to make the pixie mechanically indistinguishable from a small creature. You could easily argue that you can shrink it enough to downgrade it to a similar versatile heavy blade, like the broadsword or the still-exotic b*****d sword.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 am
Arc Vembris
Vampfighter1

See the racial feature Wee Warrior above. "When wielding a weapon of your size, you follow the same rules that Small creatures do." Shrink makes the weapon scaled to you, but in that context Wee Warrior applies. You're still treated as a small creature in regards to the weapon.

Yes, it's a little strange that you could shrink a fullblade but not enough to use, but it's all an effort to make the pixie mechanically indistinguishable from a small creature. You could easily argue that you can shrink it enough to downgrade it to a similar versatile heavy blade, like the broadsword or the still-exotic b*****d sword.

Damn.... Okay.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 am
Fixed. Changed Weapon Prof to Alchemy. Got a mace instead. Changed Surges.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:55 am
Vampfighter1

You know you don't have to take both alchemy & ritual caster seperately. You can choose 1 or the other. Not recommending (unless human or [if themes are allowed] taking the alchemist theme from dragon #399) to take both.
You could pick up a singing stick via weapon proficiency feat or take say Dwarven Rod expertise from Drag #402 (if I recall makes a rod a weapliment).
Just figured I'd suggest it.  

Drag0nK1d

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 am
Drag0nK1d
Vampfighter1

You know you don't have to take both alchemy & ritual caster seperately. You can choose 1 or the other. Not recommending (unless human or [if themes are allowed] taking the alchemist theme from dragon #399) to take both.
You could pick up a singing stick via weapon proficiency feat or take say Dwarven Rod expertise from Drag #402 (if I recall makes a rod a weapliment).
Just figured I'd suggest it.

I know I don't have to take it, but the abilities of Alchemy and of Rituals are too tempting..  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff