Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 2a: Akatsuki/Dawn Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm
Sighing softly as she noticed the attention she gained, she suddenly wished for less fashionable clothing and only hoped that the attention would keep her from just 'disappearing'. But the more she looked, the more she got the sense of familiarity. But other than for her gempakku, she had not left the cities of her maternal and paternal upbringing until this mission. Which meant..it was very familiar in a very recent sense which did nothing to set her mind at ease.

Checking the pocket of her kimono, she decided the first matter of business was breakfast. After all, if this was a dream, she shouldn't be able to taste things, right? So with that in mind, she'd head towards a market that was bound to be near the fountain given most cities, but asking for directions if it was not so obvious.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:32 pm
The first thing Miyako would gather out of the experience was that she was without her traveling pack. She had her weapons, as she picked them up before going after the girl. But all her money and possessions were not on her person besides that.

Getting (back) to the marketplace does not prove a difficult task; if she stopped and asked for directions, slight giggles from a pair of very young samurai-ko would accompany any assistance that she received.

Miyako, you're hungry, at the marketplace, and broke! What do you do? What DO you do?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 9, 10, 10, 3, 4, 5, 1 Total: 58 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm
As they giggled, Miyako had to wonder if she was once that young and innocent. Smiling, she bowed slightly in greeting. "Hello." Deciding it couldn't hurt to be polite at the time, even if the giggles made her want to rip their hair out. "Is there anything you desire of me since you seem quite interested in my situation?"

[Etiquette/Awareness to be as polite as possible
7k4 = TN 15/20? vs 44 + 5 on all social rolls
Free Raise on voice to make herself not sound pitiful
Raise to ingratiate herself with them  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:37 pm
The two young samurai-ko would giggle a bit more as Miyako addressed them, before composing themselves. "My sincerest apologies," said the taller of the two, "fere maiden of the Scorpion. We hath forgotten our manners; I am called Heichi Tamafune, and this is Heichi Sumie."

They would curtsey, a type of gesture or greeting that would be alien where Miyako comes from.

"We meant not to offend thee, but... how to put this plainly..."

"Why doth thou talk so absurdly?" the other girl blurted out.

"Sumie!" Tamafune would exclaim.

"And why doth thou wear such bizarre garments?"

"Sumie!"

"Is that the fashion from whence you hail? Because I durst declare, it is obscene to the point of what is worn by a har-

At this point, Tamafune would clasp her hands over her friends' mouth, silencing her - an act of extreme physical contact that would definitely be shunned normally. Despite the panic, Tamafune would still be smiling though, trying to hide it and not doing a good job of it.

"Forgiveth my friends' indiscretion, maiden of the Scorpion; she hath a loose tongue and watches not what she dost say. What she meant, is that thy habits are strange and we art unaccustomed to travelers who hail from so far away as thee. Our lives doth be boring and mundane, and we nary see a visitor in our city. We failed to observe the man thou arrived with, and merely wish to bask in the unique opportunity a traveler from afar such as thee offers."

Sumie would sit there, still muffled, glowering angrily at her companion.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 2, 7, 8, 9, 6, 1, 4, 9 Total: 56 (10-100)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:18 pm
Miyako blinked hard, a bit shocked at things being put so plainly. "I look like a ...what?" She was pretty sure from the inference what the girl meant, but she wanted confirmation. "My father bought me this kimono for travel. It is the height of fashion...wait...a man? I wasn't traveling with a man when I came here..." Sorta. Kojiro was...well Kojiro. Denbe was of a minor clan so barely counted...and well, the Crab...didn't have the social skills of the crab his line gained their name from, although she was wise enough not to say that.

But it did give her a pause to look at their clothing and compare it to her own. "I..." And then she did something she did rarely, she blushed. She was not used to being so out of sorts. "I don't have any different clothing with me. I lost everything before I woke up other than my weapons. I wonder if..."She smiled at the two girls hopefully. "Is there anyway you could help me?"

[Courtier/Awareness 7k4 + 1k0 for persuasion = 8k4
=32 + 3 (manipulation)
=35 +5(contested social roll)
=40- 5(extra raise) = 35
Free Raise (voice)+ Second Raise on Voice to imply what she wanted, without saying it directly which of course was help with either clothing,money,food, etc  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:47 pm
The two young girls would blink, and look at each other. Their gazes shared the same thought, and their eyes would light up.

"Mmhm nmnmm mnh!" Sumie would say, mouth still covered.

"Thou art so pretty, despite thine bizarre tastes in wardrobe. Come hither, we shalt maketh thee a true sight to behold!" Tamafune would exclaim.

Both would take Miyako's sleeves and hurrily pull her away, elsewhere into the city.

--------------------

MAKEOVER GET!

Sumie brings out a spare kimono - a rather nice spare kimono, even by Miyako's standards, despite it being ludicrously complicated and excessive in build - with this warm summer day, surely Miyako will perish under the weight of Lord Sun(?).

Miyako had been traveling in the mountains for several days and probably was not her best - that seemed to translate over to where ever she was. The girls were also having their attendants help clean her up and give her a general overall beautification treatment. Again, in comparison to what she knew, this would cost a good deal of money for the rather quality (if not unorthidox) treatment she was getting.

Miyako would learn that these two girls were aspiring courtiers of their Clan, freshly out of their Gempukku (by a matter of months). Their fathers were esteemed peers and advisors of the previous daimyo, and as such, they were fairly well off for a minor clan that was fairly well off.

Other samurai (and a few peasants) stop by to observe the pampering this mysterious stranger was getting, though only for a minute or two at a time. After some time, an official looking older Boar man came and tried to break apart the little soiree that was going on.

"Cometh now, girls. I am sure our guest would nae tarry a moment longer from her duties." he would say, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Awwww, Ninsei-san! Thou art no fun!" Sumie would whine.

"She BESEECHED our help! She hath not protested yet. Correct, stranger?" Tamafune asked, looking to Miyako for back-up.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 3, 8, 7 Total: 42 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:39 pm
Miyako had remained silent and observant through it all, a little bemused and bewildered, her strongest thought was if this was how her father had pampered and spoiled her mother, as all the paintings she'd seen of her were rather elaborately done. Besides, observation was also good, letting her get a feel for what was going on.

Smiling as the man approached as if she had not a care in the world, she looked up, seemingly dazed as the girls were excited. "They would do any daimyo proud, their gempukku must have been quite glorious." She truly had nothing to say negatively about the girls and was enjoying the relaxation. But at the comment about being a stranger, Miyako did giggle. "My name is Shosuro Miyako. I think we all got caught up in everything. It has been a pleasure meeting you but he is correct, I should move on. I thank you for your help."

[Acting/Awareness 8k4 + 1k0 + 5=34 to acting more in line with the way they behave (not the giggly teenager part)
+5 to any contested Social roll
Acting bonus 1k0]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:36 pm
((You said the Acting was for... acting like the girls? You should state what the roll is for as part of the roll. Even if you know what it's for at the present, than for posterity's sake.))

"Ye heard her, girls. Moveth along now, and taketh thyselves elsewhere." Making shooing motions with his hands, Tamafune and Sumie would both respond "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." Hanging their heads low, they would leave from the onsen chamber that they had dragged Miyako to. With a look from the man, the servants would then disperse.

"Canst we speak, Shosuro-san? I wish to learn more of thine arrival in our city. I am known as Heichi Ninsei, and I am a Clan Magistrate." Bowing his head, he would then pull up a chair not far from where Miyako had been propped up against, sitting down upon it rather casually.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 8, 1, 8, 9, 1, 10, 2 Total: 50 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:36 pm
"Yes, of course Heichi-sama!" Her attitude going instantly to one of great respect, even though it had certainly not been lacking before. "As I'm sure you've been informed, I am Shosuro Miyako. I am at your disposal, although I'm afraid there isn't much to tell." Her head bowed slightly in apology although she waited for any questions he might have, and hoped she'd have a chance to ask some of her own.

[Awareness/Etiquette + Sincerity + Voice + 5 on all Contested social rolls +1k0 for persuading him she is sincere and completely willing to comply with anything she can do to help him.

8k4 +3 + 5 =49
Raise from Voice to make sure he doesn't see her as a threat but a completely innocent/confused traveler]  
Tei Kae rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 8 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm
Explode-y  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm
The Boar, a broad-shouldered man with a shaved pate, would study Miyako for a moment. He was older, likely in his late thirties or early forties, and had a confident, unwavering look to his eyes.

"I'd like to wit how thou eluded our sentries during the night, to simply arrive at our fountain and simply go to sleep. Thou looked rather sound asleep, from what I have been told."

Awaiting her answer, he would then elaborate. "We hath had reason to fear from interlopers as of late, and I wish to wit what role thou plays in all of this. Thou don't appear to be here with any purpose, yet hither thou be. Two outsiders in one morn? That strikes me as a hair suspicious..."  
Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 8, 6, 5, 5, 5, 8, 7 Total: 59 (9-90)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:42 pm
A small frown crossed Miyako's face as she thought. "I too would like to wit how I arrived here to be honest. I came from Otasan Uchi, through Kuda Mura and then I was going through the Twilight Mountains with a guide. I lost them when I thought I saw..." she paused looking up.

"Two outsiders, you say. May I ask who the other would be? I wonder if he is the one who somehow brought me here against my will."another pause as she thought, reflecting thoughtfully more to herself than to him. "Some sort of poison to make me sleep perhaps, I feel no bump on my head..."

She remembered the girls words then and reflected on what she did know...and wondered.."Good Magistrate, if you can tell me what you can of this other stranger, I will do my best to help you for I fear you might be right in your misgivings of uninvited guests."She paused as if reflecting how to tell him. "There have been voices, speaking of dangers in the Twilight Mountains. People wish for there to be action. To have it taken care of. But you seem to have no interest in harming others. I wonder if voices have spoken in the hopes of harming you. Are there those who would speak against you in the courts?"

[Etiquette/Awareness (Sincerity) + 1k0 = 8k4 +3 +5 =39
Free Raise (Voice) to convince him she now -wants- to help him and is determined to.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:44 am
The man would watch Miyako, observing her as she explained, betraying no emotions as she told of her situation.

"Odd, how thou wouldst be traveling through hither parts. No Clan hath expressed interest in these lands nor our situation. The man of which I speak, is a shugenja of the Dragon. He came bearing warnings of war. We hath expected the Emerald Champion to act against us for recent developments in the courts, and it seems that by this time tomorrow, we will be exterminated, down to the last man, woman, and child."

With a slight awkward grin, he would add, "Thou hath picked an interesting time to pop in. Though, thou cannot have arrived with the Dragon, as he hath been here since dawn's first light, and thou was found hours later. He hath been in talks with our daimyo since his arrival."

((Break's over, gotta run! Sorry I didn't get any work done yesterday, I've fallen ill, right before my trip. yay.))  
Tei Kae rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 7 Total: 15 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm
Miyako prayed to the Kami that if they only helped her through this, she would pay far more attention to history from this point on. "I fear he might be right..." She frowned, trying hard to think, wishing this was more her strong suit.

"But I fear that you might not even be here for them to exterminate you." She paused, "I have not been as honest with you as I should have, for fear of you thinking me crazy." She reflected, "I left my companions because I saw a girl in white and thought she was lost...she told me that "Their lives are in danger."

[Boar Lore/Intelligence + Void for training = 14]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:14 pm
Lore concerning a long-dead clan currently escapes you, Miyako.

"I am sorry, a 'girl in white'? When didst thou see her? Should I be alerting my sentries for a third unexpected visitor?" Ninsei would say, narrowing his eyes now and growing a bit uneasy.

"Wait, didst thou claim we would not be here tomorrow? What art thou saying is to become of an entire clan of bushi in a day?" A pause.

"Art thou suggesting we wouldst turn tail and run like cowards? Because, if so, I assure thee, that is the last thing the Boar would do."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff