Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Abandoned by the Gods [4E] - Full Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unrelated to game poll (see second post)
  Bring back "Fantastic Realities"!
  Bring back "Shot in the Dark"!
  Bring them BOTH back!
  Let them die.
  The Narwhal Bacons at Midnight
View Results

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am
MaoukaMasaki777
Hey there, new to the guild! As far as DND goes, I can play sort of okay, but creating characters is definitely NOT my forte. Also, never played 4e. Could use some assistance. XD

I can help you out, I really like making characters. If you want, I'll give you my AIM/MSN and we can work from there.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 am
Absolute Virtue
MaoukaMasaki777
Hey there, new to the guild! As far as DND goes, I can play sort of okay, but creating characters is definitely NOT my forte. Also, never played 4e. Could use some assistance. XD

I can help you out, I really like making characters. If you want, I'll give you my AIM/MSN and we can work from there.

Sounds great! Well, I think the closest thing I have to a messenger is my Hotmail, which is JohnnyJinx13. biggrin  

MaoukaMasaki777

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am
Hotmail works with MSN. I'll add you.

Also, here's my character. I think everything should be in order, at least stat wise.

Maya, Drow Rogue

I think she could fit in well with the whole "this place's turned into a real s**t hole" theme.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:50 am
Absolute Virtue
Hotmail works with MSN. I'll add you.

Also, here's my character. I think everything should be in order, at least stat wise.

Maya, Drow Rogue

I think she could fit in well with the whole "this place's turned into a real s**t hole" theme.
Woop woop! First character done already! That was fast. I'll audit it when I've got more time. Probably either tonight if not tomorrow.  

joe-dude667

MaoukaMasaki777

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 pm
Hey, since sources say ALL books, can I try a Swordmage? I've always wanted to try those, but I think they're prestige class. :/ If I can't, then maybe Bard or Wizard? Maybe I can just randomly choose one? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:03 pm
Swordmage isn't a prestige class. I've made two before, you can find it in the Forgotten Realms book.

Also, I added you on MSN. If you can, download MSN Messenger/Windows Live Messenger. =P  

Absolute Virtue

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 pm
@Absolute Virtue:
Also it bears mention that as a Drow, you may find some persecution and/or straight out Racism. There are Drow settlements above ground in Aihbien, but they are still sometimes seen as an evil race by the ignorant. Since Gloadkin is the capital, it's also the biggest city and has the most diverse selection of different races in the whole country. There is even a Drow colony in the Northern part of the giant City, so it shouldn't be much of an issue for the beginning. Just thought I should mention it for if this adventure takes you to different cities where people are less accepting.

With the civil war between the Maivland Isles in their bid for independence from Aihbien, you'll actually be more accepted than if anyone rolls an Eladrin. Not that I'm discouraging Eladrin's, you just may get a bit of stick from some of the more patriotic NPC's. ninja I should probably add this information in the first post...

@Maouka:
Prestige class is a 3rd edition thing, the 4th edition equivalent is Paragon Path, which you don't get to pick til lvl11. So go for it! mrgreen Though don't forget you'll have to get Identification Papers (it counts as Mundane equipment, so you can count it towards the free 100gold for those sort of things) or risk being a Mage without one. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 pm
Absolute Virtue
Swordmage isn't a prestige class. I've made two before, you can find it in the Forgotten Realms book.

Also, I added you on MSN. If you can, download MSN Messenger/Windows Live Messenger. =P

Awesome! I'm torn between Swordmage and Wizard, but I'm downloading the FR book now to check out swordmage. Since they're both magic classes, I'll probably choose Eladrin for my class. Also, sent a message on Messenger, I think.  

MaoukaMasaki777

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:24 pm
MaoukaMasaki777
Absolute Virtue

Awesome! I'm torn between Swordmage and Wizard, but I'm downloading the FR book now to check out swordmage. Since they're both magic classes, I'll probably choose Eladrin for my class. Also, sent a message on Messenger, I think.
Eladrin Mage ay...? You'll be fun. twisted

Whaaa haaa haa!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:34 pm
I've got no problem with getting a tough time from some people, kinda expected as a Drow. Maybe it'll lead to more stabbity stab situations. =D

Also, I might have a friend who's wanting to join a game. Got to wait until I see him later to ask.  

Absolute Virtue

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:34 pm
I'm tempting to go for an 'off-tank'. An DB infernal-lock later on going vestige-lock via twofold pact feat [or vice-versa] (if you're allowing it if getting to paragon) since warlock is a class I have not played ever & the most I've played as is a human swordmage on maptools.
Anyway, I think I'll stick with the point buy: 10/16/12/16/8/12.

Just need to figure out a decent backstory for her. Probably just go with the idea of Bahamut abandoning due to the curse of Tiamat upon her, hence why she is serving under the infernals. I dunno.
By the way, are you allowing character themes out of curiosity?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:46 pm
I'm the aforementioned friend Virtue mentioned, and this looks like an interesting campaign, so count me in. I'll get to work building a chara ASAP. Thinking Bard to have some fun....Are Changelings allowed?.  

Ancelas

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 pm
@Dragon:
I'm gonna have to say no to themes, since I stopped subscribing to D&DI just before they came out, so literally know nothing about them.

@Ancelas:
Changelings are rare, but not unheard of. Especially in Gloadkin where there's a minimum of a small slum for pretty much every race. Go for it. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:19 pm
Are Pixies allowed from heroes of Feywild?  

Vampfighter1
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:33 pm
Absolute Virtue
Here's my character. I think everything should be in order, at least stat wise.

Maya, Drow Rogue

Nice sheet. All seems good to me. Only things I've noticed are:

I worked out your HP to be 35, not 40. 12+13(con)+5(lvl2)+5(lvl3)=35

Also (just a nit picky thing), it says in your class features that sneak attack is 2d6, but obviously it'd be 2d8 with backstabber. Though I'm sure you'd remember that in game, just something I noticed. Come to think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone play a rouge WITHOUT that feat, so rolling d6's would just be so unnatural anyhow! Haha!

Just need to add Magic Items (lvl4, lvl3, lvl2 and 520 gold, don't have to buy any of the items you've already got on your character sheet with that gold either wink ).

I liked your background. I think with the history of praying on the weak to get what you want, you can give yourself a +2 to either Bluff or Intimidate.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff