Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: Monstrous Gladiators, Moar Players Needed! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:35 pm
There are no episodes of Pokemon were there aren't any Pokemon involved in any way whatsoever (as far as I'm aware).

There are episodes of Gladiatorial shows where the arena isn't seen or mentioned much at all, and the focus is on the characters, someone's attempt at a scheme, setting up pawns (for a reveal later in the series), and other such events.

This game is Gladiators at heart, not Pokemon. You wouldn't say Pokemon if it was a bunch of human warriors you had as slaves... but you change a human gladiator to something far more interesting like a lizardfolk, flesh golem, ooze... and suddenly Pokemon?

Ehm, no. It's still gladiators. I'm just asking people to look past the fact that you have monstrous creatures under you.

Otherwise, lets just call any druid, ranger, paladin, sorcerer, wizard (ergo anyone with AC, Familiar, or Mount) a Pokemon Trainer... because hey, they have a monster under them, train/raise it, and it gets stronger as they progress... Right?

If you can look past that for those classes and see more, all I'm asking is you do the same for this game - look past that one part, and see the more there is to see.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 pm
first off calm down.

only one of my posts even mentioned anything about pokemon and after your first time saying drop it. I did. If you don't want someone to bring up them as terminology... MAKE UP YOUR OWN TERMINOLOGY.

Trainers is just someone that trains. It doesn't matter to me if your training a fat guy to lose weight, or a dog to rip someone's throat out. You are a trainer in my eyes.

I said monsters for the last few posts. I wouldn't call it a pet... Cause I wouldn't throw a pet to fight for it's life, unless if I was fighting beside it. To me a slave has to be at least the same type as you, humans taking elven slaves.... humans taking Dragons or Beholders are monsters. That is just me.  

glitterboypilot

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 pm
glitterboypilot
Sorry, I only read the first post and thought one would be screaming out commands; like a coach, or commanding officer. But the trainer is more like a ... cockfight trainer ... just release the monsters and let them tear the shreds out of the opponent. An other question, who would one transport the monsters? Unless, if the roads are massive... I don't see a massive golem walking down main street

Uh, Darn my mind. A golem creator sounds cool too ... Ahhh

The roads are quite large actually. This coliseum is huge, and built in this nation's capital city, and is meant to accommodate all manner of terrible beasties. The coliseum also has several spellcasters on staff for such reasons. Have something incorporeal you need contained? Forcecage. Something that won't fit through an already large door? A Reduce Monster effect will make it fit. Don't want something to plane shift? A collar with some kind of planar lock effect will put an end to that.

Basically, whatever it is that you're wanting to do, I will do my best to accommodate you. I want everyone to have as much fun with with this as they possibly can.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:29 pm
<< EDIT >> I deleted mah stupid. Sorry to clutter your thread iLL. Left the important bits.

You may be confusing emotion with me simply trying to be direct, and getting my point across. Nevermind that it wasn't even directed at you in the first place ("for anyone else reading this thread... ") or that I phrased it as a simple request (with "OMG POKEMON" being, I thought, to give a bit of humour).

It's also impossible to make a point if I start making up my own terminology. It just confuses people. If I wanted to call it Snarglefuzzing... well I'd then have to explain just what the crap that is.

Southern_cross_nemesis mentioned Pokemon (hence my original post), you mentioned it in your response to me (hence why I referred to it in the post above and used it as an example). I have no need to make up terminology (beyond the reason above) if what I'm responding to is directly mentioned in the post I am responding to. Which it was. Both times.

As well, this is the last time I'll respond to this matter. My original intent was to just make a request, not to get into some argument or debate (of any kind) on a forum.

TL;DR Important Bolded  

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:04 pm
iLL iNTENT
My only other questions are, you mentioned nothing on character creation, except, use multiple character sheets and we are level 3

How do we make a character/monsters? Are we just using the monsters from the pathfinder srd, then upgrading them as we see fit?

Captain Ragnar Devonin

forgive me, please

I thought your questions was directed at me.

My breakdown of a trainer, was more directed at your question, of anyoneone with a mount, animal compainion, or familiar. being a pokemon trainer. And in which case, I would have called them a beast trainer...

Where the break down of monster was directed at your human slaves remark... razz  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 am
glitterboypilot
My only other questions are, you mentioned nothing on character creation, except, use multiple character sheets and we are level 3

How do we make a character/monsters? Are we just using the monsters from the pathfinder srd, then upgrading them as we see fit?

Your actual character [or trainer, or monster handler, whatever you want to call it] will be starting at level 3. Race is limited to the standard races, because what with these monster slavery laws, a monstrous character just doesn't make any sense : P Your character starts with the standard wealth for a level 3 character. (3,000gp)

You have two minions that serve as sub-characters, starting at level 1. They're basically there to assist you in maintaining your property, training your monsters, and keeping them under control.

Then you have the monsters themselves. I have a list of starting monsters you can choose from. You will be starting the game with 2 CRs worth of monsters at your disposal. So for example, you could have 2 lizardfolk, 4 hobgoblins, or 6 goblins. You can also mix them up if you want, taking 1 lizardfolk and 3 goblins. Just as long as their total CR doesn't exceed 2.

Your character will be starting the game with a piece of property to their name, consisting of a few acres, a single story house with up to six rooms, and some kind of facility for the housing and training of your beasties. You'll start with enough cages or cells or whatever to hold all of your starting monsters, but you'll need to purchase additional storage space if you want to hold more.

Aside from your starting 3,000 gp, you will also be given an additional 1,000 gp to purchase any equipment you want for your minions and your monsters. This gold can also be used on any improvements you want to start out with on your home and property. Any remaining gold from this extra amount is dropped off. It does not get added to your character, so make sure you spend as much of it as you can.

Your monsters will be starting out pretty much how they are in the book, with a few exceptions. One of these is weapon proficiency. Monsters are only considered proficient with the weapons that are mentioned in their statistics. However, if you want to exchange a weapon proficiency for another weapon, you may do so, as long as it's the same type of weapon. (Simple, Martial, etc.) For example, if your monster is proficient with a battleaxe, but you want it to use a long sword, you may make the switch, because they are both in the same category. In addition, if your monster has any feats that pertain to a weapon you're switching out you may apply it to the new weapon. In the example above, if your monster had Weapon Focus: Battleaxe, but you're switching it out for that long sword, then your may have Weapon Focus apply to the long sword instead of the battle axe.

Then for monster improvement, if the monster is intelligent, you may have it start gaining class levels at it levels up. However, if it's something like an animal, it will instead level up by gaining more hit dice, using the standard method for monster improvement.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 am
iLL iNTENT
What of the ability scores of the three(the one 3rd level character and the two 1st level characters)?

Edit: Also, could the two 1st level characters be monsterish things?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:18 pm
glitterboypilot
iLL iNTENT
What of the ability scores of the three(the one 3rd level character and the two 1st level characters)?

Edit: Also, could the two 1st level characters be monsterish things?

Sorry, meant to answer your questions sooner but I've been sick all weekend x_x

Anywho, your base character's stats will be built using 20 point-buy, and your minions will be built using 15 point-buy.

And your minions would both be humanoid as well. Monsters are going to be limited to the gladiator role. However, if you have a particularly intelligent and/or well behaved monster, opportunities may arise for that monster to be used outside the arena. On hunting expeditions, for an example.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:02 pm
understandable... it just changes my idea slightly.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:11 pm
glitterboypilot

So if you think you're interested in playing shall I send you an invite to our forum? Then you can take a look at the complete set of information we have set up. No obligations if you want to change your mind or anything, just to preemptively answer any remaining questions you might have.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 pm
iLL iNTENT
glitterboypilot

So if you think you're interested in playing shall I send you an invite to our forum? Then you can take a look at the complete set of information we have set up. No obligations if you want to change your mind or anything, just to preemptively answer any remaining questions you might have.

Please,

Just a heads up, it might be a few days before I can get back on, to go over everything. My dad is on bed rest for a few days as he heals a bum leg. And with me being the only one present... I get to take on all of his tasks, as well as my own and school work.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:06 pm
glitterboypilot

No prob. I'm kind of indisposed myself so make your own time.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas