Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Does anyone still play 3.5? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:08 pm
Not to mention, my understanding of Steampunk is... the boiler meets magic item tech  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Not to mention, my understanding of Steampunk is... the boiler meets magic item tech

Ea.... well...... Ya know what that's a wonky way of putting it but I wont say your wrong.

& mine idea puts you starting as small time guards that depending on what you do (extort the people, war against crime, or basic cop beat) would determine what challenges you face and what you see/catch that may/or not be trying to unseat the ruler. I got the Idea from a book of mine and wanted to run ir but my IRL group would well.... Lets just say it would not of lasted long....  

Norin Brightblade

Romantic Conversationalist

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:12 am
Norin Brightblade
Southern_cross_nemesis

Ea.... well...... Ya know what that's a wonky way of putting it but I wont say your wrong.

& mine idea puts you starting as small time guards that depending on what you do (extort the people, war against crime, or basic cop beat) would determine what challenges you face and what you see/catch that may/or not be trying to unseat the ruler. I got the Idea from a book of mine and wanted to run ir but my IRL group would well.... Lets just say it would not of lasted long....

A case like a train engine, water inside a boiler is heated by some kind of magical thing, the steam produced drives the gears and such to make the train go.

A gun, small amount of water inside a sealed container. When trigger is pulled, the water is rapidly becomes steam and needs an exit. Like all gases the steam is going to take the path of least resistance... Which fires the bullet.

My problem with steampunk, enter an anti-magic field and you loose all power.

IT IS FF 7 TECH!! but they didn't have an antimagic field to contined with

O.O Holy... I just realised something.... Steampunk is Nuclear!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:37 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Norin Brightblade
Southern_cross_nemesis

A case like a train engine, water inside a boiler is heated by some kind of magical thing, the steam produced drives the gears and such to make the train go.

A gun, small amount of water inside a sealed container. When trigger is pulled, the water is rapidly becomes steam and needs an exit. Like all gases the steam is going to take the path of least resistance... Which fires the bullet.

My problem with steampunk, enter an anti-magic field and you loose all power.

IT IS FF 7 TECH!! but they didn't have an antimagic field to contined with

O.O Holy... I just realised something.... Steampunk is Nuclear!

lol  

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 am
Magic is just the electric car of Steampunk. The dragonmech and iron kingdoms campaign settings provide plenty of mundane steam gear, along with monsters and easily adapted-to-forgotten realms history. D20 steam & steel by EN Publishing and Sorcery & Steam by Fantasy Flight Games provide world-building tips, tips on Steampunk society, and tips for balancing all of it.

Dragon Magazine issues 277 and 321 provide adventure hooks, magic vs. technology, and blackpowder equipment, respectively.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 am
Epic Muffin Cannon
Magic is just the electric car of Steampunk. The dragonmech and iron kingdoms campaign settings provide plenty of mundane steam gear, along with monsters and easily adapted-to-forgotten realms history. D20 steam & steel by EN Publishing and Sorcery & Steam by Fantasy Flight Games provide world-building tips, tips on Steampunk society, and tips for balancing all of it.

Dragon Magazine issues 277 and 321 provide adventure hooks, magic vs. technology, and blackpowder equipment, respectively.

My god...... Where is my pirate hat!! Time to get sailing on the seas of information I have books to find!!!  

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:20 am
Norin Brightblade
Epic Muffin Cannon

My god...... Where is my pirate hat!! Time to get sailing on the seas of information I have books to find!!!

DriveThru RPG has a lot of those books as .pdf files, if you want to use them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm
Epic Muffin Cannon
Norin Brightblade
Epic Muffin Cannon

DriveThru RPG has a lot of those books as .pdf files, if you want to use them.

Danka I shall begin there  

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 am
I wish there were more 3,3.5 games...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:45 pm
i was planning on starting a gestalt campaign, does anyone one want to join.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:52 pm
loth17
i was planning on starting a gestalt campaign, does anyone one want to join.

Is it Forgotten Realms, or meet any of the other criteria?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 pm
The game is set in a universe which uses pretty much all of the basic dnd backround for the races and gods (pelor is still the god of the sun, drow pirates in victorian serve Lolth mostly.) but is missing most of the non god characters. The plot is based around an ancient conspiracy set in place by the _________ which involves many generations of selecting the best _______ in order to create _______ which the _____ will then use to ______.

For a hint lets just say ive been needing an excuse to use my lords of madness book for a while, and darkness and dread, and pcionics handbook, and pretty much all those extra books i never use.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm
I am game  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 pm
Bitchen ive been needing to use my self made pdf of all the traps from the tomb of horrors. Lets see if that elf Victorian guy wants to play.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:12 pm
O.O I actually got a character made using both the expanded psionics handbook and the complete psionic book!!!! I WANNA JOIN!!!!!!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff