Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lover Of The Arts

Back to Guilds

A guild about all forms of art 

Tags: art, photography, music, theatre, dance, film, graphics, writing, fashion, contests, general chat, games, fun, 

Reply LOTA Forums
What is art to you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Treana-nya

Bashful Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm
A expression of yourself, your mood, things you like, things in your life, what your feeling, creativity. yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm
Treana-nya
A expression of yourself, your mood, things you like, things in your life, what your feeling, creativity. yum_puddi

oh, and my favorite art is sketching/coloring sweatdrop  

Treana-nya

Bashful Fatcat

Cigregret

Omnipresent Smoker

13,375 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:00 pm
What art is to me? Art is expression of your ideas, or simple play like a child.

In order to get good at art and get people interested in you, you're going to have to play around with different mediums, a lot, probably take a few classes. This phase is a very creative and also educational, you learn what works, what doesn't, what looks good to you, what looks good to others. You do have to be actively engaged though, but it's still one of the parts where you have the most fun. It's how you do it, and doesn't much have to make any sense at all. This also simulates female energy (okay yeah some spiritual s**t here, everyone has both sex's energy, because you were formed by both sexs)

Though truly you never stop playing around because your field of what you can do is only as big as your imagination and problem solving. You begin to gain a style or theme on how you do it, but if you want it to be more interesting than a frame and a price, you have to say something with it, this part is very intellectual, its defining a problem, moral idea, or reconstructing emotion into a visual or audio composition. It's why you do it, It's much more logical and male energy oriented.

After this you create something truly beautiful, harmony between two parts of interesting material, and a reason behind it. How you say it and why you say it. Art should be like an interview into an idea, how every the idea isn't always clear and that's what breaths the art of interviewing.

An interview with an artist makes you truly fall in love with their work. From rappers to folk singers to graphic designers to painters. It literally guides you into the reasons why they do the things they do, and helps you understand it, it's art in itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:04 am
It depends on the way I'm feeling, if I'm sad or angry I like to draw or write. If I'm in happy mood I dance. I like most of the arts.  

Topazlife
Crew

Witty Darling

8,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Tiberius_The_Space_Viking

Blessed Raider

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 pm
To me art is one of the things that separates human-kind from other animals. Being able to express abstract concepts is a unique human trait.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:40 am
An outlet for self expression. I use my photographs to share the way I see the world with others.

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

redheadsrule13

Romantic Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm
Art is a way to express yourself not necesarrily through painting or photography but it could also be through writing.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:29 pm
visual art is what i do best, painting, sculpting, sewing....it's the passion of my life and keeps me sane

User Image  

tayloriis

Tipsy Dabbler

sleepshine

Hero

13,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm
Art is a vision. A dream in the making. A process of creation and beauty. A symbol of self express and being. Art is passion made into viewable form.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:47 pm
I like sketching and painting equally. To me, it means expressing your feelings, surroundings, hardships, and life (basically, anything you choose to express).  

Bluefiret

Edellie

Adored Seeker

17,400 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Glacial Champion 350
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:33 am
I think anything can be art.

My favorite could be sketching and drawing(maybe it's actually doodling XDXD)

I like to draw anime. I like seeing them in different postures. Though I'm only good at drawing anime that is standing straight, I'm still practicing to draw other postures.

I like making up stories too.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am
I like to sketch. To me, sketching is unique because everyone has a different system for how they draw, and how meticulous they want to be about it. Even if you're sketching a well known image or character(Bugs Bunny for example), it'll still be slightly different, not matter how hard you might try to make an exact sketch. It portrays our unique qualities without the need to over express.  

Keon-Feldgradz

Loyal Werewolf

12,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Beautiful x Mayhem
Captain

Kawaii Kitten

16,000 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:44 pm
T o k i V o n B e n i k o
Art is a vision. A dream in the making. A process of creation and beauty. A symbol of self express and being. Art is passion made into viewable form.
Very simply and well said there smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:10 am
Art is an expression of the heart. Your hidden truths/secrets/lies/loves and troubles. A vent in a form that others may see and interpret how you feel or relate to in their own way.

My favorite is singing. Its something I feel from the heart. Although drawing is 2nd on my list as well.  

KhanaRi

Noob

4,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 pm
Thou is just in time for the answer from the Queen of the Dumplings. Theatre is my beloved form of this wonderful, sometimes tangible object called art! Alas! I adore so many forms of this art, yet I can only choose one. Such a shame! Enough of my huffing and puffing, if I had to choose a close second, I would most definitely answer that writing would have to be my second. There is thy desired answer. Farewell and may we meet again on such a starlit night such as this.

LOTA Forums

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff