Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
So..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 pm
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue
There is a distinct difference from liking a person and liking what they do. I care about everyone's soul and truly hope that they become saved, and if God wants me to help someone with that process, I will. I don't like what homosexuals do and don't encourage their behaviors because I find it disgusting and against God's word, but I do try my best to be nice and care for their soul. A lot of times the best way to reach those who are homosexual is not to shove the Bible down their throat or ignore them and treat them like an outcast, but to show them through the examples of how we live our lives and to show that we care about their soul. We can do all of this without giving into sinful actions they have chosen to practice.

Sometimes some of these people have been hurt by other denominations already or they have a misconception about homosexuality because they think, "Oh, I think that girl/boy/someone of the same sex is beautiful!" and then give into that behavior. I believe that we can call anyone of any sex beautiful and it won't mean that we are homosexual.

But you're born that way. You don't just fall into it. So that means there's really nothing you can do to "save" them. I honestly don't know what is so wrong about it :$ just my opinion..... you can't change how you were made.

I will have to kindly disagree because the Bible mentions that being homosexual is indeed wrong. We were originally made man and woman and man was to marry woman and woman to marry man. I believe that most people that have issues with homosexuality have a choice and this type of behavior is identified when they have reasoning ability. Either way, I still care about their soul and hope and pray that they would get to know God. Also, other sins can come from homosexuality as well so it's not only homosexuality itself. That is my opinion, which can be justified with scripture in the Bible.

Being homosexual isn't an issue though.... And I know tons of people who are and do know God. There's this guy called Jesus. You might know him. He took the blame of sins upon himself so any and ALL sins will be taken away if we pray (Rhyme) so you can know God and still be gay. I seriously don't get the big deal. You love who you love.

I believe that it's interesting that you have such a strong-willed opinion. However, I am not willing to argue with you and don't think it's a good idea to be talking to other people here about Christianity like they don't know anything about it. It can be rather insulting and hurtful to others.

I will also say that God didn't send Jesus to this earth so that we could repeatedly sin and not do anything about it. That's like doing a certain sin every single day, no matter what it may be, and asking for forgiveness every night knowing that you have an intention to do the same thing all over again the next day.

That's good that you love people because that is also what Jesus did and what he also would want us to do. Loving others makes the impossible possible. It's truly a beautiful thing.

Your beliefs are your own and I won't be able to change that (that's why arguing here would be a pointless argument). We should also to make sure we read our Bible daily and seek his guidance so that we would try our best not to fall into sin or fall prey of false doctrines and to let God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in our lives.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm
Aquatic_blue
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue
There is a distinct difference from liking a person and liking what they do. I care about everyone's soul and truly hope that they become saved, and if God wants me to help someone with that process, I will. I don't like what homosexuals do and don't encourage their behaviors because I find it disgusting and against God's word, but I do try my best to be nice and care for their soul. A lot of times the best way to reach those who are homosexual is not to shove the Bible down their throat or ignore them and treat them like an outcast, but to show them through the examples of how we live our lives and to show that we care about their soul. We can do all of this without giving into sinful actions they have chosen to practice.

Sometimes some of these people have been hurt by other denominations already or they have a misconception about homosexuality because they think, "Oh, I think that girl/boy/someone of the same sex is beautiful!" and then give into that behavior. I believe that we can call anyone of any sex beautiful and it won't mean that we are homosexual.

But you're born that way. You don't just fall into it. So that means there's really nothing you can do to "save" them. I honestly don't know what is so wrong about it :$ just my opinion..... you can't change how you were made.

I will have to kindly disagree because the Bible mentions that being homosexual is indeed wrong. We were originally made man and woman and man was to marry woman and woman to marry man. I believe that most people that have issues with homosexuality have a choice and this type of behavior is identified when they have reasoning ability. Either way, I still care about their soul and hope and pray that they would get to know God. Also, other sins can come from homosexuality as well so it's not only homosexuality itself. That is my opinion, which can be justified with scripture in the Bible.

Being homosexual isn't an issue though.... And I know tons of people who are and do know God. There's this guy called Jesus. You might know him. He took the blame of sins upon himself so any and ALL sins will be taken away if we pray (Rhyme) so you can know God and still be gay. I seriously don't get the big deal. You love who you love.

I believe that it's interesting that you have such a strong-willed opinion. However, I am not willing to argue with you and don't think it's a good idea to be talking to other people here about Christianity like they don't know anything about it. It can be rather insulting and hurtful to others.

I will also say that God didn't send Jesus to this earth so that we could repeatedly sin and not do anything about it. That's like doing a certain sin every single day, no matter what it may be, and asking for forgiveness every night knowing that you have an intention to do the same thing all over again the next day.

That's good that you love people because that is also what Jesus did and what he also would want us to do. Loving others makes the impossible possible. It's truly a beautiful thing.

Your beliefs are your own and I won't be able to change that (that's why arguing here would be a pointless argument). We should also to make sure we read our Bible daily and seek his guidance so that we would try our best not to fall into sin or fall prey of false doctrines and to let God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I'm not saying you know nothing about the bible. Lots of people just seem to pick and choose what verses to listen to. Everybody sins every day of their lives. I'm sure you've all eaten big and that not everyone was circumcised when they were 8 days old. So that's my opinion and I'm done posting  

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 pm
Guild MasterX2
You love who you love.

I'm really sorry, I know you said you'd stop posting, but I gotta disagree with this. Who you feel love for isn't always a choice, but love is. Love isn't just a feeling, it's an action.

(Warning; long post): See, the English language, despite being gigantic, lacks more than one word for love, while the Hebrew and Greek languages had multiple words for love. Two of these words were agape and eros. Agape is the sort of love God shows us, which is the love Corinthians 13 is talking about.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's the kind of love God tells us to show. Note that most of the traits here are things you choose either to do or not do.

Eros love is the kind where you want to marry the other person. It is not always good (neither are the other kinds, which is why Jesus tells us to hate our family at one point; it'd be preferable for us to hate them if it interferes with agape love).

Eros love is also a choice. In any marriage there comes a point where the couple doesn't feel they love each other; with some couples that can last years and so they get divorced. That's not okay. Even when the feeling goes away, a couple has to choose to love each other. Thy have to choose to love each other. The research says it's better for the children, but more than that, if they don't make the choice there's no commitment.

When it comes to homosexual couples, they have to choose not to love each other like that or at the very least, not to act on that love. There's no telling why God says it's wrong, but He's our Lord and Maker; it's not our job to judge His laws. It's only our job to obey His laws as best we can.

Also, some people do fall into it. They choose homosexuality because of sexual abuse. It isn't always the genes that does it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:51 am
Personally, I don't mind homosexuals.They are usually some of the nicer people I've met.I will say this though, I do not approve of homosexuality nor do I approve of people who are homosexual, but God gave us Free Will and the option to do what we want with our lives, some people fall off the path and they have to be led back to it.But, hey, if you can't get them to see the light, atleast you tried.Some people are too stubborn to realize that they are the ones that are wrong, alot of people are like that.If no-one can make them realize their wrongs, then when they die they will most definatly find out the eternally painful way.

Haisieo Cross

Fashionable Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers