Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a 4E game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:00 am
Arc Vembris
I started running Keep on The Shadowfell just before 4e launched and have been ongoing since then. Started gaming with AD&D2e and jumped on board with 3e and 3.5. Also played Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Ironclaw, All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

I've wanted to be a monk who dresses like a clown. He reveres love and beauty and uses comedy while he smashes his foes. He sings recites nonsensical rhymes while performing his katas.

Also, a cabal necromancer, a black knight, a satyr bard, a dragonborn wielding a lightning spear.

edit: Rain just reminded me of the Dragonborn Ruthless Ruffian bandit king I wanted to play

I dub thee, Sir Bardmonkithous the Nonsensical!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 am
The Infernal Auditor
I'm still new to the 4E system, and am looking to run a test adventure to see how the game flows from a DM's perspective. It'll be a low-level stand-alone, but if there's enough interest, I may run something a bit more extensive in the future. Ve shall see vhat ve shall see.

For this game, I'll be looking for 3-6 players. If you're interested, respond with a post describing your experience with 4E and/or RPGs in general. Also, include about 2-5 lines detailing a character concept you've been wanting to try.

Cheers

Title Pending
Starting level: 5th
Theme: Search and RescueStyle: Focus on Roleplaying and Skill challenges, but there will be plenty of hack and slash.

OMG With the tiny Warlord, the Freaking tall soldier, the sociopathic rogue/psycotic monk, and our barbarians of Death, WE HAVE A MEDEVIL A-TEAM.

The Pixie is Hannibal, the Half-orc (surprisingly) is Face, the rogue/monk is our Murdock, and Bosco the Barbarian!  

Vampfighter1
Crew

wabbradford

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:35 pm
The Infernal Auditor
I'm still new to the 4E system, and am looking to run a test adventure to see how the game flows from a DM's perspective. It'll be a low-level stand-alone, but if there's enough interest, I may run something a bit more extensive in the future. Ve shall see vhat ve shall see.

For this game, I'll be looking for 3-6 players. If you're interested, respond with a post describing your experience with 4E and/or RPGs in general. Also, include about 2-5 lines detailing a character concept you've been wanting to try.

Cheers

Title Pending
Starting level: 5th
Theme: Search and Rescue
Style: Focus on Roleplaying and Skill challenges, but there will be plenty of hack and slash.

Ok, I've already made my character, but. Have a question.

Because we start at the 5th level, do we start with any magic items?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm
wabbradford

The organization would like to commend you for your enthusiasm, and recommend you slow it down a bit!

I'm still working out the details a bit, but yes, you will all receive at least a magic item or two, or maybe three.

However, credit for dedication where its due. I shall give you the first slot.  

Sardonic Smite

wabbradford

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:11 pm
The Infernal Auditor
wabbradford

The organization would like to commend you for your enthusiasm, and recommend you slow it down a bit!

I'm still working out the details a bit, but yes, you will all receive at least a magic item or two, or maybe three.

However, credit for dedication where its due. I shall give you the first slot.

Thank you ^.^

I cannot wait to beat all my enemies to pulps.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:50 pm
There's a few concepts I've actually thought about.

There's the air head elven rogue idea that I made a character for before but the game never really got started. Then I wouldn't mind trying an assault swordmage who's afraid of her own shadow, because Fluttershy would make an awesome swordmage.

Actually, we need a MLP campaign...

I also want to try out a vain human/eladrin wizard. You know, typical stuff that works as a good outlet for humor.

So not like it's anything original, but yeah, I think I could honestly settle for playing any role.  

Absolute Virtue

ll Riku Mitarashi ll

4,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:57 pm
Umm, if your making a new rp, & ppl who have no idea what there doing can join in, I'll join.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:52 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

Oh, and uh Dragon Barbarians and or a Striker Paladin.

Dragon Barbarians are virtually only playable if they can go strength/con though *pouts*

Muffins are indeed tasty. As are Thaneborn Barbarians who can properly abuse the Intimidate skill. wink

Yes, but what of defenses?

How do they do that?

AND WHAT OF MUFFINS?!

Strikers that take a path to do more striker damage; awesome.

Strikers that take a path to be... Controllery?! eek

It can work. But it would be difficult to do.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 pm
ll Riku Mitarashi ll
Umm, if your making a new rp, & ppl who have no idea what there doing can join in, I'll join.

Anyone of any experience level is welcome to join. The only "requirement" is a decent character concept.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:13 pm
Suicidesoldier#1

Yes, but what of defenses?

How do they do that?

AND WHAT OF MUFFINS?!

Strikers that take a path to do more striker damage; awesome.

Strikers that take a path to be... Controllery?! eek

It can work. But it would be difficult to do.

Alright, so Reflex Defense won't be earth-shattering, but it'll only cost you a few points to make Will reasonable, and Fort will be good regardless.

Though, Striker Palies are tasty. Tasty like Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins.

I'd say you have an interesting choice before you.  

Sardonic Smite

ll Riku Mitarashi ll

4,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:14 pm
Sardonic Smite
ll Riku Mitarashi ll

Anyone of any experience level is welcome to join. The only "requirement" is a decent character concept.

Nope, I dun have one of those either, I dunt even know how to make one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:15 pm
Absolute Virtue
There's a few concepts I've actually thought about.

There's the air head elven rogue idea that I made a character for before but the game never really got started. Then I wouldn't mind trying an assault swordmage who's afraid of her own shadow, because Fluttershy would make an awesome swordmage.

Actually, we need a MLP campaign...

I also want to try out a vain human/eladrin wizard. You know, typical stuff that works as a good outlet for humor.

So not like it's anything original, but yeah, I think I could honestly settle for playing any role.

Right now, the only person I've given a slot to is playing a half-orc fighter, so, I'd say you should do whatever you want.  

Sardonic Smite

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm
Sardonic Smite

Right now, the only person I've given a slot to is playing a half-orc fighter, so, I'd say you should do whatever you want.

Alright, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do just waiting for the info I guess before I put the stuff down.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm
ll Riku Mitarashi ll
Sardonic Smite
ll Riku Mitarashi ll

Nope, I dun have one of those either, I dunt even know how to make one.

Well, then, that would be slightly problematic. As ar as I know there isn't a competent 4E SRD, so I'm not sure how you would go about learning the basics affordably.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?  

Sardonic Smite

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:40 am
Pretty much how I learned was to have someone sit me through the character making process while reading the handbooks. It might have taken a bit longer with me because I like to ask a million questions, but it honestly wasn't that bad.

If you want help thinking of a character I should be able to get you that far. Just send me a PM and we can try to come up with something.

But just to start off, you should get yourself the 4e Player Handbook and skim over that to familiarize yourself with how the game's played and some basic terms. It's not terribly hard to find a copy of it online.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff