Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 2: Shuuki/Cycle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 10, 5, 8, 5, 4, 8, 2 Total: 49 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 pm
Miyako would have quite a bit of tolerance for the behavior, however annoying she actually found it. But her own state of discomfort, combined with his was enough to almost send the diminutive woman into a swoon. Promising herself to buy a bottle of her favorite perfume at the next chance she got, she remained pleasant and after a bit of the tagging along turned to him with a friendly but distant smile.

"Are you lost too? This place seems so intimidating but I can only imagine that it must be nigh on impenetrable, isn't that so?" Her fan fluttering lightly in her face and just slightly turned to brush away any of his personal air that wandered too close. Not really that she expected him to get any of the word play or warning of her words but it at least kept her in practice.

[Etiquette/Awareness To appear polite and sincerely interested in the castle and its defenses. 7k4+ 3 for sincerity emphasis
Raise to make sure there is no possible way her behavior could be misconstrued as flirtatious
Result: 39]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:43 am
At first, the Hare felt a little bit unsettled by some of the stories. Shadowland monsters, and nasty things, seemed to be a constant fact, and were brought up repeatedly. It wasn't something that was talked about... but none of them were speaking of the things directly. Just how they fit into their lives.

And so the longer it went on, the more comfortable he grew. In a way, he supposed it was much like how the Hare were not as shy to speak of maho or the Kolat amongst themselves (though certainly never so brash as to bring it up to others this way). You had to know your enemy. For the Crab, that might well have been a constant fact of life as well, not only a dedicated task- but one they could never really put out of their minds as long as they were on the wall.

So, after some quick scouting- mostly to determine if he could smell cumin in the dishes being served- the Hare would decide whether it was safe to accept a bit of their hospitality, and smiles and cheers on the Crabs with their fellows... though he's not quite so comfortable as to talk about any of the tainted things himself.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 pm
Kagae would first look fustrated as the man blocked his path but sighed and decided to stare back for a while before relenting.

"Yes?"  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 6, 2, 10, 4, 4, 8 Total: 45 (8-80)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:58 pm
Rolling Awareness/Etiquette (Sincerity) While I can.
5k3+3 dice to handle explosions  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 pm
@ Kojiro:

"Hmph. What fun is sport when the prey doesn't run?" Kicking one leg over the other, she slips off the table and approaches Kojiro, stopping a few feet away. She pauses the knife-rolling with her left, bringing her right hand up to her chin as she stares up at him.

"Decent looking, but not that impressive. You slouch, you underestimate your enemies, you're too relaxed and sure of yourself, and you think too little of women if you think a little flattery will get you anywhere. Why should I bother dealing with the likes of you?"

Bringing her hand to her face gracefully, she would shake her head. "No, wait, let me guess: 'I have Yasuki blood in my veins'. Just because one of your ancestors laid with one of mine doesn't get you any sort of free pass."

She would suddenly fling the dagger in her left downward, as it impaled the floor dangerously close to Kojiro's right foot. She would glare up at him with no amusement in her face.

"What do you possibly have to offer me to make me even consider helping you?"

@ Courtier result: From Kojiro's guess, she seems higher up on the social totem pole, but this castle has a very short social totem pole to begin with. This place is FULL of bushi and hardly anything else, and this woman doesn't actually seem to be in a position of command. Use, perhaps, but not command.

--------------------

@ Miyako:

"Lost? Nooooo...." the samurai man would say, scratching at his pudgy cheek. "I jus' never seen you b'fore. Just coorious whacha dooinn." He would blink a few times, then give Miyako a large, yellow-toothed, ear-to-ear grin.

"I dunno if the cassle is... is... im-pen-trible," he would explain, knocking on the wall with a meaty, small-fingered hand. "We gard it, though we attackt so rarely. No Shadowlands prubly get through."

At this point, he kind of idles there, as if he had no objective whatsoever. Though if Miyako would leave, he would begin to follow her once again.

You're uncertain if he's attracted to you. If he is, he's not doing a good job of expressing it. Which is entirely likely.

--------------------

@ Denbe:

The meals offered here were not very well made. Mostly plain rice and wet noodles, though in great abundance. Food was not in short supply here, so Denbe could fill up as much as he wanted to. The food was boring and bare, but it was hot, and even the finickiest eater couldn't turn down a hot meal if they were cold and hungry enough.

Though, one Hida seemed to be eyeing Denbe suspiciously from across the room, as if he was some sort of assassin in disguise. He made no overt actions, but simply continued to observe. The rest of the Crab didn't even notice, as they sat around Denbe (with the average height being at least 6" above his own), goading him to tell them some stories of his homeland and his adventures.

--------------------

@ Kagae:

The man would just stare at Kagae a few moments longer, before pulling a scroll from his satchel. After a quick prayer to the Kami, he would say the words, "Pathh to innerr peaccce!"

The raindrops would seem to slow and almost converge on Kagae for a moment as the water kami was summoned from them. There would be a tingling sensation throughout Kagae's body, but mostly in his face, as the remainder of Kagae's wounds would be magically healed!

Putting the scroll away, the withered man would grab at Kagae's bandages, pulling them from his face. "Nnow you cann ffight. Nno mmorre hidinng..."

Assuming Kagae didn't do anything immediately rash, the man would turn and step off the battlement, plummeting to the muddied courtyard below. The dirty sludge would crater around him, and he would begin wandering off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:14 pm
Kagae rushed down a ladder after the crazy(?) kuni shouting after him, "Wait! What do you mean no more hiding?!"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Kojiro:

"Hmph. What fun is sport when the prey doesn't run?" Kicking one leg over the other, she slips off the table and approaches Kojiro, stopping a few feet away. She pauses the knife-rolling with her left, bringing her right hand up to her chin as she stares up at him.

"Decent looking, but not that impressive. You slouch, you underestimate your enemies, you're too relaxed and sure of yourself, and you think too little of women if you think a little flattery will get you anywhere. Why should I bother dealing with the likes of you?"

Bringing her hand to her face gracefully, she would shake her head. "No, wait, let me guess: 'I have Yasuki blood in my veins'. Just because one of your ancestors laid with one of mine doesn't get you any sort of free pass."

She would suddenly fling the dagger in her left downward, as it impaled the floor dangerously close to Kojiro's right foot. She would glare up at him with no amusement in her face.

"What do you possibly have to offer me to make me even consider helping you?"

@ Courtier result: From Kojiro's guess, she seems higher up on the social totem pole, but this castle has a very short social totem pole to begin with. This place is FULL of bushi and hardly anything else, and this woman doesn't actually seem to be in a position of command. Use, perhaps, but not command.

Right...so much for this. It's less help than I thought I would get, but ah well. The scorpion let out an exasperated sigh. "Is that all? No comment on my mask design, revealing that I'm unimaginative and dull? Or the fact that I use a diminutive in my name,even after gempukku, which suggest that I fear I might never be able to surpass my namesake?"

Kojiro bowed as he stepped back. "If the name or the position suggest nothing, cousin, then I doubt I have the currency you require. Forgive me for wasting both of our time. Good bye."

With that Kojiro would turn to leave to find a bath, a shrine to pray to his ancestors, and his room, where he will eat some of his rations as dinner.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:55 pm
Rain Yupa

@ Miyako:

"Lost? Nooooo...." the samurai man would say, scratching at his pudgy cheek. "I jus' never seen you b'fore. Just coorious whacha dooinn." He would blink a few times, then give Miyako a large, yellow-toothed, ear-to-ear grin.

"I dunno if the cassle is... is... im-pen-trible," he would explain, knocking on the wall with a meaty, small-fingered hand. "We gard it, though we attackt so rarely. No Shadowlands prubly get through."

At this point, he kind of idles there, as if he had no objective whatsoever. Though if Miyako would leave, he would begin to follow her once again.

You're uncertain if he's attracted to you. If he is, he's not doing a good job of expressing it. Which is entirely likely.

"Ah, I see. Interesting." Miyako would reply simply. "As for what I'm doing, I like to see interesting things." She shrugged as if it was no big deal. "I guess I'm more used to courts where something interesting is always going on. Please pardon me," she'd bow politely. "I should introduce myself. I am Shosuro Miyako."  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 10, 8, 9, 6, 2, 1, 2, 1 Total: 51 (10-100)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm
Hot and plain food. No spice; no cumin. Just how Denbe liked it. Or was used to eating it, anyway.

Denbe could have bragged of his adventure's more. But of his other victories in the tournament, he suspected none would impress the Crab so much as that. His "adventures" since, he was not ready to tell tales of with enthusiasm just yet. So, allowing himself a small bit of retrospect and nostalgia, the Hare started on tales of the Hare lands; slowly beginning the story from where he remembered it, describing the Hare's lands, Shiro Usagi, and what life as a Hare was like. In so far as polite conversation allowed. The parts on studying or hunting the Kolat or maho-tsukai, he left out for now.

And while he told the tale, that Crab with the strange look caught his eye, more than once. A bit unsettled by the gaze, the Hare tried to discreetly observe him as well- enough to try and figure out what sort of things were going through his head, without alerting him that he had Denbe's attention.

[4k3 Awareness/Storytelling(Oratory): 34 vs TN 15]
[1 Raise to investigate subtly.]
[6k3 Awareness/Investigation: 17 vs TN+5]

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:43 pm
[SO MANY HARES: 17]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:27 pm
@ Kagae:

As Kagae began to descend the nearest ladder, a burly hand would grab his shoulder. "Don't worry about ol' Tomiji. He's a bit... unaccustomed to expressing himself." the Crab would say, trying to coax Kagae back up. "I haven't seen you around here before. You new? I'm Hida Sozui. Contrary to what Tomiji claims, there's no indication of any battle in the near future. Taisa Kaiu Ichizo likes to keep us in peak fighting condition anyways, just in case, so he better not see you slacking off."

The man before you was hardly of monumental build like most Hida, but he was no less mighty in appearance - though his appearance was not of Hida descent. His complexion too fair, his mustache too neat, his eyes naive.

--------------------

@ Miyako:

"Shosoro Meeyako... They call me, Heeda Daisetsuu. We frends now, right?" The large rotund man would actually not bow, but attempt to smile once more. "Sorree, I afraed thar genrully not much goeen on 'round theez parts. Mos' o' us jus... wait 'round."

Further up the hall, a door opens, and what looks like an irate Kojiro storms out of it. After a few moments, the door slides shut in his wake.

--------------------

@ Denbe:

You get far less unanimous interest with the mundane adventures of the Hare Clan's daily lifestyle, though no one downright abandons the awkward situation they've found themselves in. Hares making sure their usually safe lands are still safe just doesn't have the same level of excitement as kicking the crap out of people.

You're pretty sure you hear the word 'Suzume' dropped in a whisper at one point.

Denbe, your popularity is waning! Do you want to salvage it?

20+5 vs TN 17

You try to study the man who's studying you, but fail to glean his intentions while your attention is divided as it is. He continued to watch, nigh-unblinking, at the Hare, fingers interlocked before his face, his cold chiseled face unmoved by the tales.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 pm
"I...uh..." And she was grateful when she saw an angry Kojiro storm out nearby. "It's quite alright. I understand waiting. But I need to check on my friend. Pardon." And with that and a small incline of the head, she darted after Kojiro as gracefully as she could, her smile becoming plastered on as she spoke in an angry whisper.

"Please don't ever do that again when we're around crabs. They just..." And instead of finishing, just shuddered in revulsion.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm
@Crabbeh Castle That Makes Everyone Crabby

Kojiro would frown, but inwardly laugh at Miya-chan's folly for some reason. "....and I thought you got along with my mother well enough." The Scorpion would nod though as he walked onwards, away from Namiyo's room. "I had hoped to take a bath, and pay reverence to my ancestors while I could...but your needs are greater. I shall stay with you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 pm
Miyako laughed at the memory and smiled. "Indeed...though a bath sounds delightful" What she wouldn't give for a truly nice and relaxing bath. "So what are you running from this time, Kojiro-san?'  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm
@Crabby CastleCon

"Well...I found a Yasuki here who might have had useful information for us....but all she had for me were pointed comments and even more pointed daggers. Did you have any luck finding the other Scorpions here?" Kojiro said as he strolled in whatever direction Miyako cared to choose for them.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff