Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]

Back to Guilds

Here at GWLG we pride ourselves in our ability to find friendly friends of the same orientation. Note: Boys only! 

Tags: Boys, Guys, Bisexual, Homosexual, Love 

Reply Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]
Random Hookups? Good or Bad? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YaoiBoi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:10 am
Hey, there can be nothing wrong with random hook-ups if you are both practicing it safe and can trust each other... which seems kind of odd for someone you just met.
I used to practice that back in the day when I was first growing sexually, but of course now I like to get to know people first.... even if it's just an hour long convo or so... ok which is spread out an hour long a day over several days... yeah.
>_>

To those of you saying how you should wait to have sex with someone "special," that's sweet and all, but hello, sex is sex. Yes it can be love-making, but sometimes it's not. It's a great outlet for tension and stress (not to mention a workout), and if you find someone to have it with safely that you trust, go for it. It doesn't always need to be "special," and i think that if you continually feel that way, that it is purely for "love-making" only, you might develop a complex and find that others may start using it as a weapon. Just saying. Again, I'm not saying go out and have sex with strangers, but don't limit yourself. It's sex. Plain as that. (and as complicated as love-making)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:52 pm
Neither....I think it depends on the individual. I have been in a committed relationship for four years now, and it suits me just fine.  

MykallakyM

Tamashi Musaboru Hito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:24 am
Yall are right when yew say that random hookups are good if you both are safe. But, i know that when i have sex with someone my mind and heart instantly tell me that i am in love, so lol, i only try to have sex with people that i am already in love with. :p thanks fer posting guys i apreciate ur opions :ppppp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:17 pm
I guess I'm a weirdo in this case...or just old. lol Many of you talk about sex as if it is special or that you can wait or that random hook-ups are grows, but not everyone is like that and you'll find that as you get older you desire companionship a lot more even if it is just for sex. FB, FWB, and the like are not uncommon. For those that can contain themselves as they get older, good for you that is very respectable.  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Biblical Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:32 am
I try not to judge those that do indulge...but I find it distasteful.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 am
Biblical Unicorn

May I ask why, out of curiosity?  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Biblical Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 am
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

Why would I want to sleep with someone I don't know or care about? If I want sexual release it's called masturbation. Also, if all you ever do is ******** around, where is your emotional fulfilment? My ex worked in an SOPV and would tell me about middle aged and old men who just stayed there all the time because they were lonely and wanted company. Not because they wanted sex. All they'd done as younger men was ******** around and they paid the price - old, alone, and lonely. I don't want that and I think it's emotionally damaging. Not just for gay people, but everyone.

Also using sex as a handshake or tool of social discourse is...off putting. I have found that, even if I ignore their sexual activities, the sort of people that behave in that manner tend to be the sort I don't connect with on a personality level. But each to their own. I respect polyamory (even though I couldn't do it myself, too jealous) far more than promiscuity. Promiscuity strikes me as emotionally immature, whereas a polyamorous relationship takes a lot of maturity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 am
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

Why would I want to sleep with someone I don't know or care about? If I want sexual release it's called masturbation. Also, if all you ever do is ******** around, where is your emotional fulfilment? My ex worked in an SOPV and would tell me about middle aged and old men who just stayed there all the time because they were lonely and wanted company. Not because they wanted sex. All they'd done as younger men was ******** around and they paid the price - old, alone, and lonely. I don't want that and I think it's emotionally damaging. Not just for gay people, but everyone.

Also using sex as a handshake or tool of social discourse is...off putting. I have found that, even if I ignore their sexual activities, the sort of people that behave in that manner tend to be the sort I don't connect with on a personality level. But each to their own. I respect polyamory (even though I couldn't do it myself, too jealous) far more than promiscuity. Promiscuity strikes me as emotionally immature, whereas a polyamorous relationship takes a lot of maturity.

Interesting, it makes sense. I agree with the majority of it though some of it does strike me as a bit one sided...after all to say there is no emotional attachment in any encounter is untrue. Don't mistake me, most are emotionless acts of primal urges and that is it. Not every action though is so dispassionate. Also, I wouldn't assume that everyone who is promiscuous is in compatible with ones own personality. We don't always know everything about a person....everyone keeps parts of themselves secret if you understand what I mean. smile  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Biblical Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 am
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

Interesting, it makes sense. I agree with the majority of it though some of it does strike me as a bit one sided...after all to say there is no emotional attachment in any encounter is untrue. Don't mistake me, most are emotionless acts of primal urges and that is it. Not every action though is so dispassionate. Also, I wouldn't assume that everyone who is promiscuous is in compatible with ones own personality. We don't always know everything about a person....everyone keeps parts of themselves secret if you understand what I mean. smile

Yeah. I get that, that's why I try not to judge and it's merely personal distaste for promiscuity - screw who you want as long as it is consensual and legal. But something about screwing someone in a bathroom/that you met that night/don't know seems emotionless and purely base urge driven to me...but meh.

As for the personality thing, I don't think I expressed it well. It's more that I've just noticed I seem to clash with people personality wise who also happen to be promiscuous, but that is a purely coincidental link, not a causal link.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:39 am
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

Yeah. I get that, that's why I try not to judge and it's merely personal distaste for promiscuity - screw who you want as long as it is consensual and legal. But something about screwing someone in a bathroom/that you met that night/don't know seems emotionless and purely base urge driven to me...but meh.

As for the personality thing, I don't think I expressed it well. It's more that I've just noticed I seem to clash with people personality wise who also happen to be promiscuous, but that is a purely coincidental link, not a causal link.

lol Don't worry, I gotcha.

Yeah, I don't have meetings in public places...something about that just seems...unpleasant. stare  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Biblical Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:55 am
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

Yeah, I don't have meetings in public places...something about that just seems...unpleasant. stare

I can't even bring myself to use public bathrooms for the stuff bathrooms are DESIGNED for, let alone THAT. xp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

I can't even bring myself to use public bathrooms for the stuff bathrooms are DESIGNED for, let alone THAT. xp

Bring along a container of hand wipes? xd  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Biblical Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:42 am
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

gonk No...I just run home. >.<

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:41 am
Biblical Unicorn
Luminairus
Biblical Unicorn

gonk No...I just run home. >.<

Well to each their own, right? xd  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

Verocious

Shirtless Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:03 pm