Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Silver Spire (3.5e) (Accepting applications now!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:14 am
Oral Steering Wheel

How do you feel about homebrew? Lately I have gotten into using homebrew material over official stuff namely because I find them much more interesting. I don't need to use it by all means, just like to know my limits first.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:23 am
Yurro
Oral Steering Wheel

How do you feel about homebrew? Lately I have gotten into using homebrew material over official stuff namely because I find them much more interesting. I don't need to use it by all means, just like to know my limits first.

I generally follow the rules of 3.5 very well, and I would prefer you start with one of the core 11. If you want prestige classes, go ahead as long as you give it to me to review first. I've made a few custom prestige classes myself for special things, so homebrew isn't really a problem as long as it doesn't conflict with an existing idea.

As for items/weapons/armor, I guarantee that a supplement has already done it. If not, THEN we make it up. But that doesn't come by often.  

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 am
Oral Steering Wheel

I generally follow the rules of 3.5 very well, and I would prefer you start with one of the core 11. If you want prestige classes, go ahead as long as you give it to me to review first. I've made a few custom prestige classes myself for special things, so homebrew isn't really a problem as long as it doesn't conflict with an existing idea.

As for items/weapons/armor, I guarantee that a supplement has already done it. If not, THEN we make it up. But that doesn't come by often.

I guess the biggest thing I was asking permission to use was the possibility to have access to some Monster Classes done in a different manner then Savage Species so that rather then having HD+LA taking up class levels you just have class levels that duplicate certain things.

Of course I would allow you to give it a check or an X on whether I could use it or not, but just to put it out there ya know? Might not even use any of these over a printed race else where but I do admittingly love the chance of playing Pseudodragons when I get the chance.

Also, just the 11 from PHB? What about other printed material like the Complete series for example?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm
interesting... I have a few questions but I will wait until later to ask. I first want to see if this thing becomes active  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 pm
I'm intrigued. I could probably put something together for this, once you get it going.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:31 pm
Oral Steering Wheel
Norin Brightblade
I have always enjoyed dwarven spell casters. Just because no one and I mean no one expects to turn toward a dwarf and see a fireball flying at there face.

You cannot deny Beardfist Fistbeard, the dwarven monk, who is rumoured to have a third fist hidden in his beard. His main form of kicking a** is head butts.
(this is a real character I have. Mainly as a joke)
But I digress. More on the idea? Anything else?

Hmmmm... Not really just needs a bit of a spit n polish but all those problems have been addressed or will be when we start playing.  

Norin Brightblade

Romantic Conversationalist

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:10 am
Yurro
Oral Steering Wheel

I guess the biggest thing I was asking permission to use was the possibility to have access to some Monster Classes done in a different manner then Savage Species so that rather then having HD+LA taking up class levels you just have class levels that duplicate certain things.

Of course I would allow you to give it a check or an X on whether I could use it or not, but just to put it out there ya know? Might not even use any of these over a printed race else where but I do admittingly love the chance of playing Pseudodragons when I get the chance.

Also, just the 11 from PHB? What about other printed material like the Complete series for example?

I haven't actually gotten around to reviewing the complete series supplements, so I'm a little lost when it comes to that. But as long as I can get a look at it, it'd be good.

I'd rather avoid monster races with their own hit die mainly for the reasons that dealing with them and keeping them properly balanced with other classes at mid to high levels is far too difficult to contend with in most situations. I just avoid it in general. Because I am stubborn and stingy.

But as for anything else, I figure I'll actually make this an official active idea. Allons-y!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:58 am
Norin Brightblade
Oral Steering Wheel
Norin Brightblade
I have always enjoyed dwarven spell casters. Just because no one and I mean no one expects to turn toward a dwarf and see a fireball flying at there face.

You cannot deny Beardfist Fistbeard, the dwarven monk, who is rumoured to have a third fist hidden in his beard. His main form of kicking a** is head butts.
(this is a real character I have. Mainly as a joke)
But I digress. More on the idea? Anything else?

Hmmmm... Not really just needs a bit of a spit n polish but all those problems have been addressed or will be when we start playing.

Well, time will polish it quite well. I'm a lot better at this when I have hours to prepare, rather than ten minutes to type out an idea. pirate  

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

Norin Brightblade

Romantic Conversationalist

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 am
Oral Steering Wheel

Well, time will polish it quite well. I'm a lot better at this when I have hours to prepare, rather than ten minutes to type out an idea. pirate

By the gods do I know how that goes lol

Stats and HP all I need to know  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 am
Oral Steering Wheel

I haven't actually gotten around to reviewing the complete series supplements, so I'm a little lost when it comes to that. But as long as I can get a look at it, it'd be good.

I'd rather avoid monster races with their own hit die mainly for the reasons that dealing with them and keeping them properly balanced with other classes at mid to high levels is far too difficult to contend with in most situations. I just avoid it in general. Because I am stubborn and stingy.

But as for anything else, I figure I'll actually make this an official active idea. Allons-y!

@Monsters: Ah no worries then. I'll just be going with things less 'unusual' then I guess.

@Books: So what books are you willing to allow if I might ask? I assume at least PHB [PHB2?], and a handful of Completes.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 am
Yurro
Oral Steering Wheel

@Monsters: Ah no worries then. I'll just be going with things less 'unusual' then I guess.

@Books: So what books are you willing to allow if I might ask? I assume at least PHB [PHB2?], and a handful of Completes.

Read the first post of the thread, my friend. It tells you all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:51 am
my only questions

Are things from Unearthed Arcana allowed?

How do you want stats done?

And Hp?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am
Pffft I should have mentioned that. to generally make things high powered, go with the high elite array I use: 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16. And as for HP, max hp at first level, roll twice and take the higher of the two for each level.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am
Ranger
A ranger might forgo training in weapon combat in exchange for the ability to take animal form and move swiftly through the woodlands.

Gain
Wild shape (as druid; Small or Medium animals only), fast movement (as barbarian).

Lose
Combat style, improved combat style, combat style mastery.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas