Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
World, of, Darkness! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:42 pm
*sighs and pouts* alright.....guess i'll start reading the vampire book....  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:48 pm
Right right. So we doing Masquerade or Requiem? (oWoD or nWoD)  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:43 pm
Vampires means no puppies crying  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:02 pm
Werewolf > Vampire, 11 times out of 10.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:17 pm
I can get any book, btw.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:38 pm
oh, i thought we were doing new....I only have the books (and knowledge) of new.....  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Ancelas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:50 pm
Interesting... I've been trying to get into a nWoD game, but my interests run toward Changeling and Mage (of the two, I've studied the most out of Changeling). I'll keep an eye on whatever game develops out of this thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 am
I can do whatever you want really, I like all WoD (new, world of darkness that is.)

It would be requiem.

Great thing is that vampire is also pretty straight forward.

You have clear concise goals because the other alternative is death.

Such as not being able to go out into sunlight and so you must find shelter, you need to attack people in order to feed etc.

Plus, the vampire heir achy is pretty straight forward to, so who's the bad guy/who you need to hunt down and kill is pretty obvious, etc.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:16 am
I was sure the goal of Vampire was to survive as long as possible til you screw up and either get killed by the Prince, a Hunter, some other being, or be stupid and get caught outside with your proverbial pants down.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:15 pm
A character concept came to mind while I was in class today, so count me in as interested.  

Ancelas

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 am
Raganui Minamoto
I was sure the goal of Vampire was to survive as long as possible til you screw up and either get killed by the Prince, a Hunter, some other being, or be stupid and get caught outside with your proverbial pants down.

Yep! That's what makes it so straight forward.

Your character may be like, 200 years old, but you're probably going to die pretty soon. You want to avoid conflict as much as possible and just go in the corner but, you've got to find a home AND feed.

As such, you are always on the run and looking for people to fight. It forces a lot of situations that a rational person would otherwise never get into. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:59 am
Which is what makes playing a rational, moral vampire so difficult and intriguing >3.

...Yeah, I have my character >_>.

Ancelas

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:09 am
Ancelas
Which is what makes playing a rational, moral vampire so difficult and intriguing >3.

...Yeah, I have my character >_>.

Yeah, I know right? blaugh

Well, sounds awesome.

If everyone else has a character sheet, you can post them/whatever.

Also, just FYI, I'm not into the whole ventrue/invictus thing FOR EVERY VAMPIRE GAME EVER, so you don't have to worry about being the cool kid in highschool quite so much in dis game (although you can be invictus ventrue all day long if you want).  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:42 am
I'll work on an actual character sheet as soon as I have time. I've got no background in Vampire, so I need to skim the book for necessary details. I've got some ideas to explain away my ignorance of vampire social dynamics, so hopefully I won't be too troublesome.  

Ancelas

Archangel486

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:31 am
...There's a lot of hate going around in this thread.

That said, I will be running an NWoD Hunter: The Vigil Campaign, if any are interested.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff