Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D Guild Chat? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dungeons & Dragons Guild Chat
Aye
88%
 88%  [ 31 ]
Nay
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

Frondescence

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:37 am
I think the guild chat would give another option for those unsatisfied with play-by-post, and might be fun for those who just want to stalk a session to see what's going on in a given campaign.

For dice, you could always use the ever popular trust method.

As for multiple sessions at once, we're just going to have to figure it out as we go. It's a new feature, and there's no reason not to give it a try, especially when it has such potentially exciting applications in a guild like this one.

One question for all those who have tried out the chat...is there any way to keep track of conversation...such as backtrack and look at what someone said a litle while ago?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:51 am
CrazyYoko
I think the guild chat would give another option for those unsatisfied with play-by-post, and might be fun for those who just want to stalk a session to see what's going on in a given campaign.

For dice, you could always use the ever popular trust method.

As for multiple sessions at once, we're just going to have to figure it out as we go. It's a new feature, and there's no reason not to give it a try, especially when it has such potentially exciting applications in a guild like this one.

One question for all those who have tried out the chat...is there any way to keep track of conversation...such as backtrack and look at what someone said a litle while ago?
I haven't used it but my understanding is that it uses the same engine as towns and the sponsor environments, in which case there is a backlog but i don't know how far back it goes  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 am
The general consensus seems to be get it.
So, you might as well.

I feel as if those that are looking forward to Guild Chat as a primary means to play will wind up disappointed. But, I'd like to be proven otherwise.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:10 pm
I don't know if I'd ever game in chat, but it would be really useful for gathering together people to talk about a group instead of this 'here's this character, that totally conflicts with everyone else' that I have seen before.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm
I haven't forgotten about this, guys! I'm going to figure out how to activate it in the next two days (can't seem to get it right now). I worry it might be a Guild Captain only function though, which I might not be qualified for neutral

I'll have definite answers within the next week, if no one else figures it out for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 am
This would be nice if for no other reason than to just shoot the crap with other people in the guild. I look forward to hearing more about it.  

Greyfeld

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces