Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
derp Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 am
Darkness ll Angel
King Awesomolocity
Darkness ll Angel
King Awesomolocity
Darkness ll Angel
King Awesomolocity

I have to agree with you.

And it won't happen again.
~King Awesome

I was dreading the response you'd give me when I saw you quoted me. Usually, people would try to defend themselves even when they know they were wrong to start off with. You're certainly different, which is great in my eyes. Don't beat yourself up over this, but think of it as a learning experience. You can improve with this and, after seeing the 'awefail' links in analysers, I'd say you took the right path already.

Anyway, enough of my little lecture. I hope you didn't take any offence to my views. As a little suggestion, whenever you go to do something questionable without consulting in others, try asking yourself this: "Is this appropriate for a Vice Captain to say?" I've been a staff member of various sites before and, trust me, asking myself similar questions got me out of so much trouble.

I didn't take offense, and there's no possible way I could've defended myself.
I did something terrible, cruel, and stupid. It makes sense that I feel the same way. I'm not gonna try to say that I didn't do it. Because almost 13,000 people saw that I did. And so did I. All I'm doing right now is trying to fix it. And apologize, to everyone. I won't send another announcement though, since that would just annoy and do more harm. (Hence why I made a thread, instead; people can see at their leisure)

I'll be keeping that in mind, if I ever decide to send another announcement.
~King Awesome

As I said, don't beat yourself up over it. It'll be old news before you know it. 3nodding

It will, but I won't be able to really live with myself until this is fixed.
~King Awesome

I understand. I'd be the same. If it means anything, feel free to talk to me whenever. Even if it's just to let go of some thoughts, I'll listen. My inbox is always available.

Thanks for the offer. :3
I tend to keep to myself about things like this though.
~King Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 am

~King Awesome

Just a suggestion... you could send out another annoucment with a link liking that thread?

i have no idea but y'know  

Willis2715

Distinct Phantom

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:11 am

I have to admit,i am very disappointed that a Vice Captain would use the members of the guild like that. neutral
Edit; And now i feel horrible about disliking a thread that clearly didn't deserve that. >.>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 am
saint alya
If what I'm hearing is right, shouldn't he beat himself up over it? I'm more curious about what on earth he was thinking than hearing his grovelling.

Also, the message did seem very suspicious. Caused me not to click the links. May have felt bad myself, if I did. Kinda causes everyone involved to feel bad, the target, and all those who unwittingly took part.

Have you never made a mistake and then deeply regretted it? I'm not directly defending him, but he actually realises his mistake, feels terrible about it (not to mention feeling like the whole guild - which he probably considers a sort-of home - is now against him) and is attempting to rectify the issue at hand. That alone is punishment enough in my opinion.  

Darkness ll Angel

Darkness ll Angel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:16 am
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

I'm like that, so I understand. No pressure. Just know that the offers there if you ever feel the need. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 am
whitewind2715

~King Awesome

Just a suggestion... you could send out another annoucment with a link liking that thread?

Wouldn't work. Once you've cast your vote on a thread, you can't change it. So the damage is done.

Yes, Awesome did a stupid thing, but he's young. I did stupid stuff at his age, too. He's learned his lesson and I'm willing to move on from it.  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 am
Darkness ll Angel
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

I'm like that, so I understand. No pressure. Just know that the offers there if you ever feel the need. 3nodding

Thanks, again.
~King Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:20 am
King Awesomolocity
Darkness ll Angel
King Awesomolocity

~King Awesome

Thanks, again.
~King Awesome

My pleasure.  

Darkness ll Angel

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:24 am
MiakaYuuki78
Wouldn't work. Once you've cast your vote on a thread, you can't change it. So the damage is done.

Yes, Awesome did a stupid thing, but he's young. I did stupid stuff at his age, too. He's learned his lesson and I'm willing to move on from it.

Actually, in about a month or so, you'll be able to vote again. >_<
~King Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am
King Awesomolocity
MiakaYuuki78
whitewind2715

~King Awesome

Actually, in about a month or so, you'll be able to vote again. >_<
~King Awesome

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

King Awesomolocity
Crew

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:31 am
MiakaYuuki78
(Hate it when quotes mess up)
Really? I guess I've never paid attention. Since most of my posting is done in SF, and threads there only last a week at most usually, I don't think I've had the opportunity to re-vote on a thread.

I know what you mean. xP

Yeah, cookies for upvoting reset about every month, and then you can cast your vote again. That's why threads like the one in my signature and the MPT have a whole bunch of votes.
~King Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:38 am
And instead of putting all the blame on King, next time maybe all of you can look at the link before clicking it. If you use Firefox, when your mouse hovers above a link, the address will appear in the bottom left of the screen. It's a useful habit to have, y'know, to check out suspicious links before clicking them, so as not to be misled by the hyperlink.
3nodding

Luneatha

Devoted Loverboy

saint alya

Girl-Crazy Fairy

7,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:39 am
Darkness ll Angel
saint alya
If what I'm hearing is right, shouldn't he beat himself up over it? I'm more curious about what on earth he was thinking than hearing his grovelling.

Also, the message did seem very suspicious. Caused me not to click the links. May have felt bad myself, if I did. Kinda causes everyone involved to feel bad, the target, and all those who unwittingly took part.

Have you never made a mistake and then deeply regretted it? I'm not directly defending him, but he actually realises his mistake, feels terrible about it (not to mention feeling like the whole guild - which he probably considers a sort-of home - is now against him) and is attempting to rectify the issue at hand. That alone is punishment enough in my opinion.

I understand you. Unfortunately on the internet, it's harder to know whether someone actually feels bad because there's a slew of social cues that're missing from conversation. And, I honestly don't know the guy. That's why I'd rather ask what went through his mind than anything else.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 am
Luneatha
And instead of putting all the blame on King, next time maybe all of you can look at the link before clicking it. If you use Firefox, when your mouse hovers above a link, the address will appear in the bottom left of the screen. It's a useful habit to have, y'know, to check out suspicious links before clicking them, so as not to be misled by the hyperlink.
3nodding

I have chrome, but the address was nonsensical to me, a jumble of gaia. Or did it link outside the site? I was too suspicious of the message to do anything with it. In any case, personal responsibility for him and for those who clicked can be considered exclusive. Blame shouldn't shift from one to the other.

Edit: I see it now. The like and dislike at the end of the urls.  

saint alya

Girl-Crazy Fairy

7,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

x-Kenna-Bear-x

11,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 am
Perhaps, as a way to rectify the situation, we could all go vote up that person's new thread when they make it? I mean, it won't make up for the fact that it was a horrible thing to do in the first place, but, perhaps it will ease the consciences of those of us who were tricked. I'm not going to go on a spiel here about how awful this was: Yes, the King made a mistake. I'm not one to hold a grudge especially over something like this. So, I say C'est la vie. Let him alone about it.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff